UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, KA. There were many female pilots. This is just Rogue Squadron alone. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Squadron Jaina deserved to be a commander. Jacen? Not so much. He was all Darth-y and political at that point.

I'm talking about in the movies, though. Not extended universe and/or video games.

Yes, KA. There were many female pilots. This is just Rogue Squadron alone. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Squadron Jaina deserved to be a commander. Jacen? Not so much. He was all Darth-y and political at that point.

I'm talking about in the movies, though. Not extended universe and/or video games.

Boom.

Damnit I'm a little disapointed with the Hawekeye Premium Format statue. His mask is a little off to me. the wings on the eyes seem too long. Everything else looks good. What do you guys think?

/4/"]http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3001011&ref=HZ1_062512_3001011#!prettyPhoto[product_gallery]/4/

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't start picking up the lesser characters as PFs unless I'm a big fan. Just don't have the $$$ to start doing that. But the Ivy does look very nice. Would be awesome to have a full Batman rogue's gallery in that scale. As it stands, I would (will?) have a hard time passing on a Scarecrow or Two-Face.

K80, I really like Stormtroopers. I am not that guy who looks at a sculpt and finds a handful of inaccuracies like the width of the "teeth" or shade of blue on the "gills". The pose is almost cliche after all these years, but a classic none-the-less. There was a lot of breakage, right out of the gate on this piece, too. I had decided that I was not going to get one unless ordered directly from SSC only because if it was broken, I wanted to easily return it for another. When confronted with an offer almost too good to pass up, I caved and resigned myself to dealing with an insurance claim if he arrived damaged.

Overall, it is a very nice piece. The sculpt is clean and everything seems to match up scale-wise (head is right size for body, etc.). Not much to the base as it resembles a floor of the Death Star. The mixed media consists of a cloth or lycra looking body suit with sculpted poly-stone armor. There is some metal on the canister of his belt (*see below) and maybe some metal on his blaster holster, but thats about it. For the money, I'd say its a nice piece and looks great next to my Phase I/II Clone PF. The head can be turned to look diferent directions (like the Phase I), but is otherwise static.

*The canister on his belt has metal hooks for fitting it on the belt. On mine, the hooks have somewhat jagged edges and could easily damage his back torso armor. I covered them in some soft clear tape and avoided the issues. You can't see it once attached to the belt.

I can take more pics with a decent camera if anyone has interest.