UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
karamazov80

Statues Talk

New acquisition today:

SDC12909.jpg

DST would be so proud. . .

SDC12908.jpg

Next up is, you guessed it, Spiderman Comiquette :lol:

Got Spidey Comiquette Exclusive today. Disappointed, honestly. Paint apps are sloppy all over, and the print wasn't even included. Here are some pics I took to e-mail them about a replacement:

SDC13097-1.jpg

SDC13098-1.jpg

SDC13102-1.jpg

SDC13104.jpg

At nearly $400, I expect a bit more than this.

Edited by karamazov80

Very nice piece. I like the poses the sculptor went for on this one. Snake Eyes kicking red ninja butt.

There is no "limited quantities available" notice on Sideshow's site, though, which makes me think that there is still a fair number available. Edition numbers don't seem to be released in sequence, from my understanding.

I thought I was done collecting statues. Then I saw this from Bowen:

55505c55.png

I have been waiting for a good Thanos statue for years, and this might finally be the one.

Bowen has been working on that one for a while. Originally it had a flame base. Very cool indeed. I have a lot of Bowen stuff. I would offer to order it for you using my Bowen Designs CC membership (20% off) but you can probably do better via Diamond.

It does look pretty sweet. I actually dig Bowen's style, but his statues are too small for my liking. It's also kind of refreshing to see a Thanos not wearing the Infinity Gauntlet for once :D

There's a switch-out arm, isn't there?

Bowen has been working on that one for a while. Originally it had a flame base. Very cool indeed. I have a lot of Bowen stuff. I would offer to order it for you using my Bowen Designs CC membership (20% off) but you can probably do better via Diamond.

Gee, nice to know that before I bought Black Cat. :P That's okay, I get her under retail anyways.

I never understood how she got away with wearing that costume, BHM. It always seemed risque, even my my taste.

I still want this guy like all get out.

Got my replacement Spidey Comiquette in today, and I'm very pleased :buttrock:

I also converted my old TV stand (for my old 27 inch, 50 pound monstrosity of a TV that I just threw out) into a ghetto-fied statue display case :D

SDC13485.jpg

SDC13489.jpg

Gonna be on the lookout for some kind of backdrop I can put behind Hulk--preferably resembling a desert or deserted mountainous area. If such things existed, I would also like to get a city-scape to put behind Spidey. I know Luke had a city backdrop for his Dark Knight HT figures, so maybe I can find something and get it printed out at Kinkos.

Police Assault Terminator PF pics were released today. Looks pretty dang awesome to me. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the Ex (switch-out battle damaged head). Courtesy of Sideshow Freaks:

HD pics of this T-800 Premium Format Figure' date=' clic on the pictures :

300068press01.jpg

300068press03.jpg

300068press08.jpg

3000681press01.jpg

sansre1ff.jpg

sansre2e.jpg

It's AWESOME :hi5:

I'm also tempted by the Alien Maquette, but I'm not sure my budget will allow it. . . :(

Edited by karamazov80

I was a huge Ninja Turtles fan in the late 80s/early 90s, but for some reason the nostalgia isn't there. And I never read the Eastman/Laird comics. Statues are pretty great looking, though.