UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

It's metal, and really designed to hold heavy things you would store in a shed or garage--recommendation is not to put something heavier than 1,000 pounds on each shelf. It's not fully reinforced because you could fit two additional shelves on it, that would provide a bit more stability, but it is plenty stable for what I've got. The pics don't do it justice, either, as those statues are big and it's pretty nice in person. It was $70.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice Hulk. I didn't get this one or King Hulk. I already have the Bowen version and it fits my collection better. I am waiting on the new Green Hulk PF to go with my Version 1 Hulk PF.

• 1 month later...

Brazilian company Iron Studios announced the prototype of the render of the Guardians of the Galaxy diorama. It's 1/10 and will be released in the Art Scale line.

Besides the image, there is an interview with Daniel Siequeroli, the responsible for the Concept Design of the project ( in portuguese, but you can google translate it =) ).

GG.jpg?resize=746%2C217

You can see the full image over here: http://www.toyquest.com.br/exclusivo-entrevista-e-primeira-imagem-dos-guardioes-da-galaxia-na-linha-art-scale/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was hoping they would do this. Generally, I am an old school Batman guy. However, I think the addition of these colors makes this sculpt pop more. I am planning to buy at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Was taking pics of my new Savage figure, so I figured I would also take pics of my statue collection. Got Wonder Woman a few weeks ago. Very nice statue.

DSC_0671_zps7ckbgb9f.jpg

DSC_0670_zps8xspfeo2.jpg

DSC_0675_zpspbqdpsas.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I love that Iron Man statue. I had the EX on order back in the day but had to cancel because of some financial issues at the time. I really like Wonder Woman, but space is an issue for me, so I have to be picky about what I get. I really want the blue Batman, but again, I have a lot on order and I am sorta saving space for the new Spiderman. I just hope I like it. The new Koto DRS Wolverine should ship any day now and I have a bunch of 1/6th coming. I love seeing the original Hulk PF. He was the first item I ever bought over $200. I ordered him at my first SDCC and he has been the center of my collection ever since.

He's a beaut, for sure. I don't think any other Hulk statue compares that I've seen. And he's basically on the floor on my display. . .which means he's within grasp of the children when they go into that room. My 2 year old has brushed his hair more than once sad.png

I love the Kotobukiya brown Wolvie, but apart from my GI Joe statues, I'm sticking to 1/4 scale stuff. I actually am very interested in the proposed XM Studios brown Wolvie, though apparently they are very expensive and difficult to get ahold of, as there is no official western distributor for them (due to SSC's license agreement with Marvel).

I got that Iron Man for less than $200 shipped a few years back. Not the best pose IMO, but the best and most iconic Iron Man suit design by far.

Edited by karamazov80

Under $200?! Nice. Yeah, I remember knowing I was going to always regret missing him, but things were difficult at the time. I was just blown away by Hulk PF. So much so, that I still have a vivid memory or rounding a corner at SDCC and seeing him on display (2006). I was very much a SSC newb and had really only known them for SW 1/6th and their monsters. I asked a rep how to get him and she set up my preorder on the spot. You'll love this...I had the EX too, but ended up cancelling because I was just not into it. I don't regret that because I am not a scalper and I just don't care for grey Hulk. Anyway, mine has been in my collection since arrival. He sets on a small chest of drawers about 3 feet off the ground. My Sam love to hace conversations with him and put things in his hand. We had a long talk about how gentle we must be with big Hulk, right from the start.

I really like most of what Koto does, but feel the kinda blew it on the Avengers Hulks. All of them. I only have the Fall of the Hulks statue that I got right from Sosa. Also, I love 1/4 scale, but I really don't have a display set up that is optimal for 1/4 scale. I love Detolfs. I have 5 of them, but anything over 1/6th is likely not going to fit. Even a lot of my 1/6th Bowens do not fit. As I posted before, I have not liked any of the Spiderman statues SSC has done so far. I am really hoping to be wowed by the next one coming up. I am an old school Romita Spidey guy.

Nice collection, K80. I don't keep track of these bigger statues, looks like they make for an imposing setup though. But I have to say that one Spidey does look a little like he's hanging his head in shame for being so puny in comparison smile.png

Only statues I've picked up in recent times are the Bruce Timm Harley Quinn from the Black & White series, and the Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman, don't have either on display right now though.

Spidey's head is down to hide the now dated looking sculpt biggrin.png The Amazing Spidey 2 figure blows that one out of the water IMO.

As for the displays, I think I already posted this, but my statues are on a utility shelf I got from Costco for about $75. Probably the width of 3 Detolfs, and a bit higher. Actually is made to have an extra shelf or two if you want them. Works for me.

I probably would have done the same thing with gray Hulk that you did with the green one, Shane. I'll splurge over a figure with an exclusive item or something, but won't usually buy an entirely exclusive figure unless it's something I want on display. And green Hulk is the way to go.

As for keeping the kids away, those are in the spare bedroom, and I just usually keep the door closed and hope for the best! But I would say there's a 50/50 chance one day I'll walk in there and see Hulk and Thor have been written all over with markers, or are missing appendages, etc. laugh.png I guess that's black humor considering the value of these guys, but I don't get too hung up about it. Though once my oldest was playing with my Rainman Marty McFly skateboard like it was a Hot Wheels car and my heart skipped a beat laugh.png

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Spidey's head is down to hide the now dated looking sculpt biggrin.png The Amazing Spidey 2 figure blows that one out of the water IMO.

As for the displays, I think I already posted this, but my statues are on a utility shelf I got from Costco for about $75. Probably the width of 3 Detolfs, and a bit higher. Actually is made to have an extra shelf or two if you want them. Works for me.

I probably would have done the same thing with gray Hulk that you did with the green one, Shane. I'll splurge over a figure with an exclusive item or something, but won't usually buy an entirely exclusive figure unless it's something I want on display. And green Hulk is the way to go.

As for keeping the kids away, those are in the spare bedroom, and I just usually keep the door closed and hope for the best! But I would say there's a 50/50 chance one day I'll walk in there and see Hulk and Thor have been written all over with markers, or are missing appendages, etc. laugh.png I guess that's black humor considering the value of these guys, but I don't get too hung up about it. Though once my oldest was playing with my Rainman Marty McFly skateboard like it was a Hot Wheels car and my heart skipped a beat laugh.png

Poor Spidey. I'm still chasing that Maguire version.

Very nice statue collection!

• 1 year later...

Allow me to attempt to revive this thread. 

Im looking to get into collecting a few statues and would prefer a line of them. I like staying with the same brand/artist for similar style. I'm mainly a spider verse type guy ? Pete, Ben, Kaine, Gwen, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, but also dig Wolverine and his rogues gallery. 

If anyone has anything in mind I'd greatly appreciate it!

• 3 months later...

Sideshow had the upcoming PF Thanos on their live Facebook show today, and he is MASSIVE. I haven't bought a statue in years, but this is going to be hard to pass up. They didn't give any details on price or release date yet. 

5KW7pF2.jpg

Yeah, I really want to get (afford) this Thanos, too.  So far guesses seem to be $899 to $1000.  If the ES is high enough, the price might be smaller (I hope).

44 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

Well crap he is going to be $1200. Too high for me, although it is an amazing statue.

750 ES on EX with both heads.  Regular version, they are calling "collectors version" does not include both heads and has a TBD ES.

Prices on SSC statues are absurd at this point.  DAM is doing a 1/4 scale T2, mixed media statue that looks fantastic, and likely will be given that their 1/6 scale figures are Hot Toys quality.  And the price is $450.

http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201703/28/142548n1p99xfu974kxj43.jpg