UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OK, here is your chance.. WHY KANG???

eddie h

I... don't even wanna try. :ermm:

Basically Kang just started out as a mini-meme on here that might've gotten a little out of control. Everyone has their own pet Marvel character (or characters) they've always wanted to get as a Minimate. Kang probably became the most widely-known one here because of both the glaring shortage of villains in the Marvel Minimateverse and the *very* vocal chanting for him by a couple of boardies. *cough*

To me, he's one of those Doom-caliber villains who doesn't cater to a single hero or group of heroes. He's usually an Avengers villain, though sometimes he faces the heroes themselves rather than the whole team, but he's also crossed paths with the Fantastic Four, the Inhumans, Spider-Man, and now the Guardians of the Galaxy. On top of that, he had an appearance in Secret Wars, which is the big new thing in Minimates. Plus, he has a pretty distinctive look.

They could do worse than Kang.

He has all the knowledge and technology of the future at his disposal, yet is constantly bested by a bunch of freaks in tights? He is really an under-achieving loser. The Dr. Light of the Marvel Universe. Pass, DST.

Kang is an A list villain whos been around since the 60's Hes got ties to Immortus, Rama Tut, The Young Avengers, and Doctor Doom. When it comes to heavy hitters hes one of the biggest. He's one of those characters like him or not deserves to be made.

To Address Karamazov80's above statement, the same can be said about just about every villain. They exist so the good guys can defeat them.

I'm of the opinion that there are so many characters that deserve to get made as minimates. Not JUST this guy.

But specifically... why Kang?

IGN rated him as 65th in the top villains of all time this year. So other people like him besides just a few crazy folks (like me) over here on the boards.

First off, he's a classic villain from way back. Classic Kirby/Lee stuff. You can't go wrong with that.

We need more villains. Something that DST has really been doing excellent about lately is listening to the fans and releasing more villains. So why not this guy? He's multi-faceted... is he a villain? A conqueror? Evil? Or just of a different perspective?

He's got a distinctive lookin' costume. Nobody looks quite like him. He's a colorful character that'd really make any Avengers, Secret Wars or basic Marvel display pop.

Outside of his embarassing interactions in Secret Wars ( why Jim Shooter couldn't find somebody else a little less cosmic to fill the role of cannon-fodder is still beyond me ), the character is really cool. He's one of those bad guys that, even when they're bad, you can still kinda like. Think Dr. Doom... which is easy since he's actually a future relative of Doom who was so bored with the perfectness of his time period that he built a time machine using blueprints of his ancestor and travelled back in time to find challenges and adventures.

In the 12-issue series "Avengers Forever", he actually takes up the center stage along with the Avengers in the series as you find out more about him and why he thinks the way he does. He's a skilled, thinking bad-ass... and you can't completely dislike the guy after you read the story. He's just COOL.

As far as classic Avengers villains go, we don't have all that many. No Masters of Evil (in any incarnations), no Immortus (who is actually a different version of Kang... less warrior, more thoughtful), not really much of anybody. Which is why I keep hoping that he'll be made. He'd be a delightful enemy to compliment the characters already there.

Well for the sake of others, and so they all SHUT UP and move on to Jeanie, we do need him. ;)

Honestly, i don't think all that highly of Kang. He's one of those guys i knew of and never, EVER got into. He's just boring to me. I just see why everyone esle likes him, and we need MANY more villains; Bring on tthe Bad Guys Box Set 2??? :yes:

My pet character, and also the BEST COMIC CHARACTER OF ALL TIME (non-debatable, mind you :)), is Jean Grey. And she has been so deserving yet overlooked in Minimate form it;s sad. Her AND Scott; you know. He's that guy that's LEAD the X-men for decades now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Woops, off-topic. Anyway...

Kang is an A list villain whos been around since the 60's Hes got ties to Immortus, Rama Tut, The Young Avengers, and Doctor Doom.

I am relatively sure that he is both Immortus and Rama Tut.

Also, Kang is much better than Dr. Light. He's from the future!

So, who will we ask for when (or if, as the case may be) Kang gets made? Who will be our next dream-mate?

:highfive2:

My pet character, and also the BEST COMIC CHARACTER OF ALL TIME (non-debatable, mind you :)), is Jean Grey. And she has been so deserving yet overlooked in Minimate form it;s sad. Her AND Scott; you know. He's that guy that's LEAD the X-men for decades now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

We're actually not doing too badly with Jean and Scott. We have 8 versions of Jean (although 3 of them aren't 616 Jean) and 9 versions of Cyclops (2 of which were Ultimate incarnations). If we could just get the Jim Lee versions of those two, that would be great.

As for Kang, he's a B-list villain (in the big scheme of things), but he's one of my favorite Avengers villains. I'd like to see him just so that his vocal proponents on this board will have their victory. He's got a history in comics, and he looks cool, so why not make Kang?

Kang is an A list villain whos been around since the 60's Hes got ties to Immortus, Rama Tut, The Young Avengers, and Doctor Doom.

I am relatively sure that he is both Immortus and Rama Tut.

Also, Kang is much better than Dr. Light. He's from the future!

So, who will we ask for when (or if, as the case may be) Kang gets made? Who will be our next dream-mate?

:highfive2:

Yeah they are the same guy but they are from different time periods so for the sake of not confusing those in the know I just said ties too. He was also Iron Lad who formed the YA's.

As for our next dream-mate?

MAKE RONAN THE ACCUSER!

Edited by Rheul

I'm jonesing for a Mr Sinister. I'm a bit surprised that we got a Lady Deathstrike before Sinister. (although i AM happy that we got Deathstricke)

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a Mandarin either, to be honest. Soon, my pretties. . . soon!

Edited by Nessex

I'm jonesing for a Mr Sinister. I'm a bit surprised that we got a Lady Deathstrike before Sinister. (although i AM happy that we got Deathstricke)

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a Mandarin either, to be honest. Soon, my pretties. . . soon!

Both Sinister and Mandarin are badly needed. I just think that with the Kree army builders were getting Ronan is a natural choice. Plus we need him to go up against Super Skrull and his minions.

Rheul's right about the Kree needing their leader, but so do the HYDRA troops. Where's Baron Strucker?

We sorely need Von Strucker. But until we get one my plan is to use an extra Penguin head, a HYDRA Goon body and dress up a red cap glove to serve as The Satan Claw. I need to get to work on a Viper too.