UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

is a thunderbolts set in the works? Let's discuss the likelihood...

eddie h

SPOILERS (?)

Now that Songbird, Fixer and Mach-IV (or whatever number he is up to now) have reunited and it has been hinted that Zemo will make a return to his group in during Dark Reign to take on the current Thunderbolts, how likely is it that we will see a box set of the four of them? If so, what would the variant be? I am beginning to suspect this is the reason we have not seen a Songbird yet...

I'd love to see the classic lineup released, but I also really like the characters in the current incarnation of the team. If they wanted to do another set of 3 box sets like they did for Dark Avengers (DA 1&2 and Thunderbolts) and managed to get the majority of these Thunderbolts out there I'd buy every ridiculous Spidey variant they trot out. Zemo, Songbird, Fixer, Mach IV. Ghost, Scourge, Mister X, Headsman. Paladin, Ant-Man, Natalia Romanova, and.....Kang. I know a lot of you guys are keen on him. ;)

I too have to agree that Diggle has done an amazing job. I was a big fan of Thunderbolts before he came on board but he is now my favorite Thunderbolts writer by far. I would have preferred a few more deaths to heighten the suspense but I have a feeling that may be coming in spades soon enough..

Yeah, if you're not reading TBolts, you're missing out. It has been consistently good since the relaunch (after that dumb wrestling storyline).

I think everyone here is thinking of a classic TBolts team, Super Spidey Piggy.

A great boxed set would be:

Citizen V

MACH 1

Songbird

Atlas

Fixer and Meteorite (Moonstone) could come later.

Cheers,

Yeah, if you're not reading TBolts, you're missing out. It has been consistently good since the relaunch (after that dumb wrestling storyline).

I think everyone here is thinking of a classic TBolts team, Super Spidey Piggy.

A great boxed set would be:

Citizen V

MACH 1

Songbird

Atlas

Fixer and Meteorite (Moonstone) could come later.

Cheers,

I love that boxset/2-pack idea. I'd also like to see members of the current roster and the lineup from the conclusion of the "New Thunderbolts" branding.

But before anything else, we really do need Songbird. Come on, DST, make it happen!

• 2 weeks later...

Helmut Zemo hasn't had a figure since the Secret Wars. (Why he was even in that line, who can say.) So whether or not it's in a boxed set, or just a 2 pack I think he needs to be made.

Songbird, Mach V (or is it VI by now?), Fixer, and Atlas would be bonuses. (although to be honest, I'd rather have a Beetle, classic Fixer, and Goliath III, but I'm old school that way)(Songbird is much cooler than she was as Screaming Mimi.)

Helmut Zemo hasn't had a figure since the Secret Wars. (Why he was even in that line, who can say.) So whether or not it's in a boxed set, or just a 2 pack I think he needs to be made.

Songbird, Mach V (or is it VI by now?), Fixer, and Atlas would be bonuses. (although to be honest, I'd rather have a Beetle, classic Fixer, and Goliath III, but I'm old school that way)(Songbird is much cooler than she was as Screaming Mimi.)

Well we could get Beetle in a 4-pack with Boomerang, Speed Demon, and a Rhino update. I don't care about getting classic Fixer or Goliath as much.

Classic Thunderbolts: Mach I, Songbird, Citizen V, Atlas

Classic Thunderbolts 2: Moonstone, Jolt, Charcoal, Hawkeye

2-Pack: Baron Zemo / Techno (with swappable head for human/robot)

That's how I'd try to do the earliest of the 'Bolts.

Well we could get Beetle in a 4-pack with Boomerang, Speed Demon, and a Rhino update. I don't care about getting classic Fixer or Goliath as much.

Classic Thunderbolts: Mach I, Songbird, Citizen V, Atlas

Classic Thunderbolts 2: Moonstone, Jolt, Charcoal, Hawkeye

2-Pack: Baron Zemo / Techno (with swappable head for human/robot)

That's how I'd try to do the earliest of the 'Bolts.

Boomerang?? Oh, DST, make it so! I'd kill for a Boomerang and an official Blizzard minimate. Their designs would translate so well to minimates!

Also, old school Thunderbolts would rock!

I think you'd need a big name in there to sell this one. Loose Speed Demon and add Hulk. He was the T-Bolt's first enemy and is a regular nemesis of both Boomerang and Rhino. We can always use another Hulk anyway.

Classic Fixer with Mentallo 2 pack. Both done in a heavily Kirby style.

Or maybe in a boxed set with rumpled business suit Nick Fury and Tony Stark in overlong SHIELD Techno lab coat. Again with heavy Kirby styling.

Okay... so only my and about 6 other people total on the planet are pining for that set, but let an old man dream.

I think you'd need a big name in there to sell this one. Loose Speed Demon and add Hulk. He was the T-Bolt's first enemy and is a regular nemesis of both Boomerang and Rhino. We can always use another Hulk anyway.

If we can get a 4-pack with Mephisto, Thanos, Adam Warlock, and Drax, I'm sure we can get a Sinister Syndicate pack without one of the big guns.

Agreed, I'm glad to see we're starting to get away from the ad nauseam big names in box sets, especially if it's exclusive to a place like AFX or a convention. And I second the guy with the squirrel who wants Blizzard and Boomerang. I like getting new big name villains, but I'd love to see some more obscure ones, especially if they're saving the Mandarin to come in a pack with "New Hat Iron Man," use more obscure villains to fill gaps in waves. And the Wrecking Crew in a box set!!