UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Box sets based on comics I'd like to see

ironrope

Hulk 181 - Hulk with Trimpe style face

Wolverine original appearance (like secret invasion version without Skrull face)

Wendigo

Banner in tattered pants

Avenger 16- Captain America classic version

Hawkeye

Quicksilver with removable chest piece so both versions of green costume are possible

Scarlett Witch with original and second version head-dress

X-Men 39 - Original X-Men in graduation costumes. A five pack would be nice.

Any others?

Hawkeye-themed box set:

-updated, 1960s-era Hawkeye (mainly, a smaller mask and the details of the regular release without the bulk--the Dark Reign version had notable differences from the original Hawkeye release)

12067-hawkeye_400.jpg

-Mockingbird

mockingbirdfromdeadgirl_jpg.jpg

-Swordsman (original)

152478-22098-swordsman_large.jpg

-Clint in Goliath garb

05815547774.75.GIF

Edited by karamazov80

Women of Spiderman box set. Aunt May, Gwen, MJ, Felicia and a mask raised lipstick faced Spidey.

That is an awesome idea! Release it for Valentines day and include an accessory bouquet of roses held together with webbing for Spidey to give to one of his lucky ladies.

Other than that...

The Wrecking Crew!

U-Foes

Frightful Four

Heralds of Galactus

I was thinking more along the lines of sets based on specific comic issues, but those are cool suggestions. As far as group sets go, I'd like to see: Warriors Three with Baldur, Frightful Four, Wrecking Crew, and Guardians of the Galaxy. By the way, why do they limit the Marvel box sets to only four figures? I have the Giant Size X-Men set and it's awesome, but would not work as a four piece set.

Boxsets are 4 figures now short and simple because of production costs. If the GSXM set was produced now it would be now done the same way as the upcoming Classic X-men and X-Factor sets, 4 figures in a box and then the missing figures in waves.

If I were DST & I knew things were going pretty well at TRU I would come to the conclusion that now is perhaps the time to start thinking about a box-set containing a whole bunch of characters which have already been released . I know we are specifically talking Marvel here but Ghostbusters would just fly off the shelves.....again :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

More storyline specific box sets could be fun. Of course, the question remains if they'll stick to popular storylines, or just go for some of the more modern but less thrilling ones:

One More Day - Spidey, MJ, bullet-riddled Aunt May, Mephisto

The Other - Spidey w/stingers, Morlun, one-eyed battle damaged Spidey, hollowed out shell of Peter Parker

House of M - Magneto, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, old man Cap (not essential, but might still be cool)

Then, they can always do more Through the Ages figures:

Hawkeye - First Appearance, Goliath, Classic Update, Ronin Update

Wasp - Three costumes, including the black and yellow modern one, plus the half eaten Ultimate Wasp corpse

Ms. Marvel - Binary, Warbird/modern, classic, either something military, civilian, or otherwise

KANG - there's been plenty, covered elsewhere

We should probably avoid our more commonly used characters, such as Spidey, Wolverine (again), Cap, or Iron Man (again). They've had plenty of alternates, but we're much more likely to see them as the regular line continues (maybe they'll start worming their way into other Through the Ages sets: three Ms Marvel costumes and Spidey, etc) But, if we have to do one:

Spider-Man - Wrestling attire, Bag Man, yet another red & blue, final costume (though more likely we'd see the black costume make yet another appearance instead of either Bag Man or the final costume)

If I were DST & I knew things were going pretty well at TRU I would come to the conclusion that now is perhaps the time to start thinking about a box-set containing a whole bunch of characters which have already been released . I know we are specificallt talking Marvel here but Ghostbusters would just fly off the shelves.....again :rolleyes:

The "We're Sorry" box set, featuring Bullseye, Moonstone, X-Factor Angel, and Warpath. Series 2 would feature Cosmic Silver Surfer and Swordsman, with two others that we've all been hanging ourselves in frustration over. They could even do a movie version with Stealth Iron Man, Gauntlet Tony, some form of Wolverine, and Silver Fox.

I know Wonder Man, Union Jack, Molecule Man, and Spider-Woman were problematic too, but I think they had better numbers than the ones listed above.

Midnight Sons -

Morbius

Hannibal King

Blade

Dr Strange

I'm talking classic Blade, but if you think the wave 9 one we got was fine, the switch him out for Veangence

Bring on the Bad guys Supernatural Edition -

Blackheart

Dread Dormamuu

Nightmare

Lilith

Punisher War Journal -

Jigsaw (in his sewn together punisher outfit)

Bushwacker

Captain America Punisher

Stilt Man with rocket launcher

The Russian could also fit in there

Classic Thunderbolts

Baron Zemo

Atlas

The Beatle

Songbird

and the UFoes

Also, If you are thinking of villains that could fit into some boxsets, I found this site that lists villains for certain heroes. http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/index.asp Lots of good info and villains I forgot about.

As for specific issues:

Spider-Man's wedding! I know it no longer exists but that doesn't make it any less good. So:

Tuxedo Peter Parker w/ Spidey parts underneath AND A WEBLINE!!! I miss those...

Wedding Dress Mary Jane

J. Jonah Jameson

Harry Osborn or Flash Thompson. Pick one.

Marvel Zombies 2

Zombie Black Panther

Zombie/Robot Wasp

Zombie/Robot Hawkeye

Forge w/ Iron Man Armor

Marvel Zombies 3

Zombie Deadpool

Zombie Morbius

Zombie Kingpin

Zombie Black Bolt

Midnight Sons (Modern)

Morbius

Jennifer Kale

Werewolf by Night

Hellstorm

Dark X-Men

Black Queen

Namor

Mimic

Weapon Omega

Could have 2-pack w/ Dark Beast and Mystique

2-pack w/ the Hood and and updated Wilson Fisk

Secret Warriors

Nick Fury

Quake

Phobos

Hellfire

Thunderbolts (Dark Reign)

Scourge

Mr. X

Ghost

Paladin/Ant-Man/Headsman

More Through the Ages

Black Widow

Original Iron Man

Modern

Yelena Belova

Some other version

If I were DST & I knew things were going pretty well at TRU I would come to the conclusion that now is perhaps the time to start thinking about a box-set containing a whole bunch of characters which have already been released . I know we are specificallt talking Marvel here but Ghostbusters would just fly off the shelves.....again :rolleyes:

The "We're Sorry" box set, featuring Bullseye, Moonstone, X-Factor Angel, and Warpath. Series 2 would feature Cosmic Silver Surfer and Swordsman, with two others that we've all been hanging ourselves in frustration over. They could even do a movie version with Stealth Iron Man, Gauntlet Tony, some form of Wolverine, and Silver Fox.

I know Wonder Man, Union Jack, Molecule Man, and Spider-Woman were problematic too, but I think they had better numbers than the ones listed above.

Um, I'll take two of each :P

But please, swap out the Wolverine in the movie boxset for Agent Zero. And hell, Wonder Man, Union Jack, Molecule Man, and Spider-Woman deserve a boxset too... we can call it the "People You've Never Heard Of That All Those Marvel Nerds Want" set.

Masters of Evil

-Zemo

-Moonstone

-Mr. Hyde

-Whirlwind

Thunderbolts (original)

-Zemo

-Songbird

-Fixer

-Mach IV

Thunderbolts (current)

-Yelena Belova

-Ghost (GHOST RULES)

-Ant-Man

-Paladin

Thunderbolts set 2 (current)

-Scourge

-Headsman

-Mr X

-Natasha Romanova

You know, mostly I want Zemo and Ghost. I can wait on the rest. :)

Maybe a "Passed the Tourch" boxset, featuring heroes who've at one point or another warn the mask of a big name hero.

* Winter Soldier

* Scarlet Spider (it's my all time favourite Spidey costume (yes, you heard that right!) and I can't say I was AS satisfied with the version we got, so I'd love to see an update)

* Updated War Machine

* Thunderstrike

Great Lake Avengers

-Squirrel Girl

-Big Bertha

-Doorman

-Mr Immortal

and make a mock up prototype picture of flat man and print it out double sided, include as an insert, or make it available to print on the artasylum website.

Heroes for Hire

-Updated Modern Luke Cage

-Ironfist

-Collen Wing

-Misti Knight

I'd love for any box sets focusing on Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, War of Kings, Guardians of the Galaxy too.