UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over at fwoosh it's being reported the case breakdown for this wave is:

3x Ironman/Titanium Man

3x Spider-man/Scorpion

2x Blackbolt/Captain Marvel

2x Logan/Hawkeye

2x Silver Surfer/Swordsman

HURRAH!! No single packs!! :D

I will vouch for this, because my local TRU had a new case that I just found. And I'm very happy about finding them and the case ratios. Thanks Matt and Chuck.

right on!! glad to see these hitting in earnest now

Jeff of the Miniacs

I will vouch for this, because my local TRU had a new case that I just found. And I'm very happy about finding them and the case ratios. Thanks Matt and Chuck.

Happy day! Though my Toys R Us hasn't had any non-movie Marvel Minimates in a while, at least the eBay prices will be more reasonable!

I wonder if Surfer/Swordsman being 2 per case now was a last-minute decision on DST's part. :confused:

P.S. Perhaps to balance out the negativity in the "Toys R Us Sucks" thread, we should start up a directory of all the Minimate-carrying TRUs Multiversers seem to frequent? And maybe also rate them according to how up-to-date they are on Minimate shipments (i.e. "Secret Wars and Wave 5 came in this morning" versus "I wish that stupid Origins wave would just clear out already!!!") And maybe we can put it in Crisis, so we can account for Ghostbusters, BSG and T2 sightings too.

Don't bother making the trip, drgnrbrn, they aren't there. Shocking I know. Or at least they weren't there are 10 AM this morning and the temp employee they had woking the floor tired to send me over to talk to the Lego rep. Lord have mercy, I do love seasonal help. Did go ahead and grab my SW set... but that's another thread.

some other points of interest:

black blot does come with "wings" they are attached with bands that go above his elbow

it looked at though there were no short packed mates. if my memory is right there were 4 spidermen, 3 ironmen, 2 black blots, 2 swordmen, 2 old man logan. looking back those numbers don't add up. sorry i was on the phone at the time, BUT i do remember there being at least 2 of each set. I remember i found this rather surpriseing.

i would love to post pictures but i have no camera :(

these are out in tucson az

Edited by maxcarnage

I'm sure we'll still find reason to complain though. :biggrin:

Apparently unnessecary head holes are the complaint of choice.

I had a friend phone me this morning from Jax, FL that saw the new wave. He said there were two of the Surfer/Swordsman packs.

I wonder if it was my friend too? If it was he just grabbed one of the sufer packs for me and I should be getting it from him tomorrow.

If his initials are T.F. then it likely is the same.

Sounds like this is the "quit yer bitchin'" series of Marvel Minimates. Balanced case ratios and they're pushing them into stores all over the US.

I'm sure we'll still find reason to complain though. :biggrin:

If my TRU hasn't got in the last like, three waves, of Minimate, not even the shitty Newer Origins mates, then can I keep my bitchin'?

I had a friend phone me this morning from Jax, FL that saw the new wave. He said there were two of the Surfer/Swordsman packs.

I wonder if it was my friend too? If it was he just grabbed one of the sufer packs for me and I should be getting it from him tomorrow.

If his initials are T.F. then it likely is the same.

LOL, yes it is! I'll have to tell him when I see him tomorrow. So did he grab you a pack too?

Ooh-la-la and thank goodness for no single-packs. So Silver Surfer comes with some purple energy attachments? The Fwoosh pics show two styles- the closed fist and the open-squiggly. Does the set come with just one or both?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just reread the Fwoosh post. He comes with both.

Edited by Turtle

The TRU near me (Torrance, Ca) had the new wave in, but the Surfer/Swordsman, and Logan/Hawkeye sets were gone. They had a couple black bolt/cap marvel, House of M Spidey/Scorpion packs, and a whole bunch of the Iron Man/Titanium man sets.

Friggin scalpers. They can suck it.