UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Zhu Zhu was the daughter of George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life... "Zhu Zhu's petals!"

Jumped on TRU.com and ordered swordsman and black bolt.. I've never placed an order that fast in my life. I figure I'll get scorpian eventually so I left it at that. I hope this is a sign of things to come with TRU.COM!!! woot!

Holy bloody fricking hell. Well, ladies and gents, that's it; Silver Surfer and Swordsman are OUT OF STOCK. Now, i didn't put an order in, partly because DCUC Wave 11 and Retro Green Arrow go on sale tomorrow, because i know i'll see another set eventually, but DAMN, that was really fast!!

Sorry to those that missed out. :(

Holy bloody fricking hell. Well, ladies and gents, that's it; Silver Surfer and Swordsman are OUT OF STOCK. Now, i didn't put an order in, partly because DCUC Wave 11 and Retro Green Arrow go on sale tomorrow, because i know i'll see another set eventually, but DAMN, that was really fast!!

Sorry to those that missed out. :(

Yeah, I missed out too. Hopefully, they will show up again online.

Twisted Two-Face, the DCUC Wave 11 and Retro Green Arrow will go on sale this Wednesday, December 23rd, not tomorrow. Just an FYI to you and anyone planning on ordering them.

Definitely agree on the troop builder. Guardsman was okay, but 2 Guardsmen from the set would have been plenty for me. I would have much preferred a Hydra, Skrull, or Kree (in that order). They could have removed the "outer" Hydra costume to save money, and I still would have been fine with that.

You want more Hydra now, though? Well, with THIS Hydra soldier you get... Wolverine. Oh, and with THIS Hydra soldier you get... another Wolverine! yaaaaayy...

<_<

For those of you that call stores to check what is in stock at Toys R Us...

:biggrin:

Is it better to give them the SKU or the UPC? Also, is the item number something they just use online.. and does it apply to the whole wave or the whole line?

:turned:

Thanks... and Happy Christmas.

:highfive2:

<_<

For those of you that call stores to check what is in stock at Toys R Us...

:biggrin:

Is it better to give them the SKU or the UPC? Also, is the item number something they just use online.. and does it apply to the whole wave or the whole line?

:turned:

Thanks... and Happy Christmas.

:highfive2:

I always use the 6-digit item number (113214). That applies to the entire line and I have used that ever since the first wave came out when asking if these are in stock. To me, it's just easier to remember and say over the phone. Also, you can use both numbers online.

I don’t have any experience with the UPC number or if it works to see if a specific pack is in stock, though. I faintly remember from a long time ago a worker scanning the UPC for me saying that since this is an assortment case, it can’t see if a specific pack is in stock but I might be wrong.

And a tip, the numbers from the computers aren’t always accurate… If they are nice, they may check for you if they aren’t too busy or lazy or… meanie.

Good luck and Merry New Year to you! :biggrin:

Edited by storm 1:08

Got a reply from DST customer service regarding my missing SS flight stand: No extra parts available for that 'mate.

Darnit! :angry:

I'm surprised that they weren't able to get you a different flight base instead. But yeah, with any TRU exclusive figure, they don't have any extra parts since TRU is in possession of all of them. I still have an Angel with two left arms.

Found 3 of the surfer / swordsman packs last night @ tru - this is turning out to be one of the easiest packs to find

the hardest & rarest tru exclusive is the angel/warpath set I think... they were only in stores for about a month or two

lucked out today and got the Swordman/Surfer & Iron Man/Titanium man packs. they had JUST put out the new case. thank god they were closing at 9 tonight and not the usual x-mas eve 6

I wouldve grabbed a full set and an extra for trading but my gf was with me hurrying me along because we were going to christmas eve dinner

hopefully they are still there saturday morning.

I just got reading some posts here, I live in a small town in Manchester, UK. I went to the 3 main places in my town where toys are sold and theres 0 Minimates.. anywhere at retail. This weekend I hope to be in Manchester City Centre, whereby I'm going to stop at Forbidden Planet store, I'm sure if they have them they'll be pricey though. <_< someone mentioned to me that Southampton FP store was selling them cheap, so who knows I might get lucky.

I've always found good deals off collector friends/ebay for stuff i've been after, whether that be GIJOE, Transformers or even now with Minimates stuff.

I wish there was a retail store in my town that stocked minimates, i dunno maybe its a good thing because if they did i'd be in there everyday to gawp at all the ones i cant afford! :lol: :lol:

Back on topic for the thread, I like alot of those from TRU Series 5. That Spider-Man & Scorpian 2 pack as well as the Silver Surfer, Iron Man and Titanium Man 2 pack are awesome.

I spend most of the week in the Southampton area at the moment & I've just checked out their address. Next week I'll have a look.

UKers......

I checked out the Southampton Forbidden Planet which had very few Minimates for sale ....although their display was quite amusing their prices were even more so. It is difficult for me to promote FP because they are just expensive & erratic IMO. I do however wonder how they circumvent the EU 'toy regulations' .

• 4 weeks later...

just got my silver surfer/swordsman 2-pack in the mail via a trade (thanks again, cramer :) ), and i just wanna say that it's definitely a super sweet couple of 'mates. they look even better up close--- the online pics barely do 'em justice.

that base for the surfer's board is really kick-ass!

Edited by velvet