UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

Well looks like my TRU isn't getting this wave, I braved the 100's of people crammed into the TRU near here...

To my surprise they had a whole peg full of secret wars sets, but no new 2 packs just the same 9-10 packs of wolverine origins that have been there for months. my guess is that they wont restock any 2 packs til the wolverine ones are shifted.

I didn't buy the SW set because there must hgve been 50 people in the lines to checkout and each had a big ass cartload of kiddie junk.

T.

I can grab you the wave 5 exclusives if you can grab me one of those Secret Wars packs. :)

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came back from the TRU in Times Square, NYC and and they still have series 5. I realized that they only have series 5. All older mates are gone!

Thanks for the tip Eddie H!

jd

Same thing happened at one of my local TRUs: Wave 5 and Secret Wars showed up (yay!). And all the peg-warming Wolverine Origins packs disappeared (yay!). Hmmm. Not on the clearance aisle. Are they in the back room, waiting to come back in January? Have they been returned to DST?

The other TRU near me still has old packs behind the new Wave 5.

To my surprise they had a whole peg full of secret wars sets, but no new 2 packs just the same 9-10 packs of wolverine origins that have been there for months. my guess is that they wont restock any 2 packs til the wolverine ones are shifted.

So maybe this isn't true.

Edited by Cappy

Yeah! I go into my TRU this morning before work and everything just looks super restocked since yesterday so I excitedly go over to the Marvel aisle and . . . . nothing on the pegs, but as I look to the floor in dejected silence I see a whole row of wave 5 on the shelf next to those nodniks wierd bobble head things! I already got SS/SM in a trade so I snagged Logan/Hawkeye and Iron Man Titanium Man. Still no Secret Wars though. But after having to shovel a bunch of snow this morning finding this wave totally made my day. Also I work in an office with 25 girls and they are having a pot luck lunch so free food for lunch, its looking like a good day!

Edited by gambitron

Pinole, CA TRU had 2 unopened cases of wave five on the overhead this morning at about 11:00 - I grabbed one of each (logan/hawkeye & Swordsman/SS) - there were 2 sets of each per case, leaving 3 sets for anyone looking in the Bay Area. I would have grabbed xtra sets, but Christmas has hit the wallet hard 'til payday..

I just got reading some posts here, I live in a small town in Manchester, UK. I went to the 3 main places in my town where toys are sold and theres 0 Minimates.. anywhere at retail. This weekend I hope to be in Manchester City Centre, whereby I'm going to stop at Forbidden Planet store, I'm sure if they have them they'll be pricey though. <_< someone mentioned to me that Southampton FP store was selling them cheap, so who knows I might get lucky.

I've always found good deals off collector friends/ebay for stuff i've been after, whether that be GIJOE, Transformers or even now with Minimates stuff.

I wish there was a retail store in my town that stocked minimates, i dunno maybe its a good thing because if they did i'd be in there everyday to gawp at all the ones i cant afford! :lol: :lol:

Back on topic for the thread, I like alot of those from TRU Series 5. That Spider-Man & Scorpian 2 pack as well as the Silver Surfer, Iron Man and Titanium Man 2 pack are awesome.

I spend most of the week in the Southampton area at the moment & I've just checked out their address. Next week I'll have a look.

Nada; neither Wave 5 nor Secret Wars. Again. I have no clue why SW is not showing here. It's been two weeks, the norm for how long it takes for new product to arrive after it's posted here, and there isn;'t a single sticker nor peg to indicate it coming soon. This is...bizarre...and i reeeeeally don't want to have to deal with TRU.com. :confused:

I've been to the Times Square TRU today and found myself very surprised since there were only five (5!) 2packs left. Overall. And no empty pegs. After talking to some TRU person he told me they aren't restocking them in that store anymore but taking them out of their program! :ohmy:

The times square TRU has secret wars and tons of wave five!!!

Now that's stupid, but in a good way. So after the info I got from the employee last week was totally false I went there yesterday and found SS/SW as well as the old guys. I didn't have that much money with me to pick up a lot more, but I bought one additional SS/SW 2pack and put it on my want/have list.

Edited by Bob Harris

Long Story short: I have an extra Silver Surfer/ Swordsman pack that I'm willing to trade for a Bullseye/Moonstone pack if anybody has got one.

Long story long: So it turns out the Del Amo Mall in Torrance has a holiday Toys R Us store, so while shopping for Christmas presents I ran in and to my surprise, found two SS/SM packs and an Old Man Logan/ Old Man Hawkeye pack. There was also a Spider-Woman/Molecule Man pack, but I already had that...

Long story long: So it turns out the Del Amo Mall in Torrance has a holiday Toys R Us store, so while shopping for Christmas presents I ran in and to my surprise, found two SS/SM packs and an Old Man Logan/ Old Man Hawkeye pack. There was also a Spider-Woman/Molecule Man pack, but I already had that.
<br />if you see the mm/sw again, think u can pick it up for me, I'll buy it off you! please and thank you Edited by SErge

Found slim pickings of Wave 5 at Bellevue WA TRU last evening. 2 Captain Marvel and 1 Extremis pack was left.

Customer Service desk said they didn't have anymore on their upcoming manifest. How far out does that go? I forgot to ask.

Lots of Secret Wars packs (in the Marvel Toys endcap section, not with the other 'mates).

No, such luck with the secret wars set, yet........... Went today, and let me tell you, there are a lot of people buying stuff. Alot. :blink:

Went to TRU today. Was surprised to not see any Secret Wars sets. Looks like they sold after all. Was also surprised to see Wave 5 there. I found Old Men Logan and Hawkeye last week, but went on a whim this evening, and found Surver and Swordsman tonight. Looks like there was a fresh case out. Saw 2 more Logan/Hawkeye.

This was in Austin, TX at the south TRU.

Also broke down today and picked up the Angel/Warpath set on eBay.

I got these unexpectedly this morning in the post (all of them) & they are stunning ....

.....but.....there's always a but .....

WTF is that Swordsman all about ? I really want Jacques who 'killed' Cap in my very first Marvel comic :(

Hawkeye is outrageously brilliant......what price Ozzie Osbourne customs coming up?

Chicagoland collectors:

There was one Swordsman/Silver Surfer at the Downers Grove store. I grabbed it.

There were two at the St. Charles store. I grabbed them (one for a Christmas present, the other for Luke314pi).

dammit :(

Sorry. I'm still looking, though, and if I find any more, one's yours.

I haven't checked Bloomingdale or Aurora...

I found Surfer and Swordsman today, I feel a bit silly since I really only bought them for the updated board and purple effects (if anyone wants a complete Swordsman let me know, I certainly don't)

I do enjoy the purple lightning, but then I'm just a sucker for clear purple energy blast.

Edited by dr baghead

They finally hit in my area.

I'd been checking TRU every night after work for the better part of two weeks and I was starting to wonder if these were going to show up at all. My TRUs haven't missed a wave yet, but you never know until it is too late. Anyway, I was at work pretty late last night and just wanted to go home and to bed. I was almost home when I realized I had forgotten to stop in. The internal debate was going pretty strong there for a bit:

"They haven't shown up in the last two weeks, what makes today any different?"

"The day you skip is the day they'll hit the floor. You know it to be true."

"They'll still be there tomorrow."

"Like Ghostbusters? A presence I have not felt since..."

"Oh, yeah, those didn't last long, did they? I could go before work tomorrow."

"Get up early? Don't kid yourself, your powers are weak, old man."

"I know, I know. Let me find a spot to turn around."

"All too easy."

So I get there to find a fresh case covering the lingering Wave 4 remnants that have been taunting me daily. Out of curiosity I asked a nearby stocker if they had been put out last night or the previous evening. She said, "Yesterday, I think." Which seemed to be code for "I don't know." I'm not sure what the best part is, having the Minimates in hand or knowing I don't have to keep checking every night.

"Apology accepted."

I finally get home to find a package from TRU.com. My Secret Wars sets have arrived... all crushed to hell.

Guess I'll have to stop at TRU again after all.

"The circle is now complete."