UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found Logan/Hawkeye at the south TRU in Austin today. Marvel/Black Bolt were also on the shelf, but they were there earlier this week. Secret Wars has been on display for a while now. No signs of any other 'Mates.

I think this means that I'll have to do eBay for Angel/Warpath. I doubt that this store will be getting any more, though I know that some passed through (from seeing a pack or two from the wave). Hopefully Surfer/Swordsman and future waves will not be shortpacked, so Angel/Warpath will be the only ones I need from TRU.

Old Man Logan and Swordsman packs found at TRU in Metro Atlanta thanks to you folks on the board for telling me they were out. They only had one of each though... :( No Secret Wars. Finished kids' X-Mas shopping while I was there.

Oh.. forgot Metro Atlanta is big... They were at Northlake shopping area.

Cheers,

Edited by MarvelZombie

Don't think I don't get it. You jerks all finding these guys are trying to convince me to drive 20 minutes downtown to my Toys R Us, only to find nothing except Wolvie Origins, BSG, and Terminator figures, as usual.

But I am strong. I will not give in to irrational hope. I am strong and rational, dammit!!

I find it really odd that DST/TRU would totally "skip over" the Warpath/Angel wave. They must have been produced in at least the same volume as the Bullseye/Moonstone wave. As I mentioned in another thread, I've been to a TRU that is still getting new cases of wave three, so it seems unlikely that there just aren't anymore of wave four anywhere.

I'd be willing to bet we'll see them trickle out as refresher cases over the next couple months.

Don't think I don't get it. You jerks all finding these guys are trying to convince me to drive 20 minutes downtown to my Toys R Us, only to find nothing except Wolvie Origins, BSG, and Terminator figures, as usual.

But I am strong. I will not give in to irrational hope. I am strong and rational, dammit!!

Maybe you could call first? :blush: Go if they say they have more on hand than you remember them having the last time you were in.

Man my TRU still doesn't have any of these which is annoying considering I know Denver got that and places in CA too so I think TRU just decided to skip this district of stores. The Secret Wars set showed up online yesterday in stock and so my impatience won out and I ordered it. I am sure my TRU will get these in eventually but their complete incapability of knowing when they will get them drives me insane and to pay more than necessary to order online instead.

Chicagoland collectors:

There was one Swordsman/Silver Surfer at the Downers Grove store. I grabbed it.

There were two at the St. Charles store. I grabbed them (one for a Christmas present, the other for Luke314pi).

Other board members:

I'll keep looking, and if I find any more, I'll grab them to help people out.

(There were 2 Old Men packs at DG, I grabbed one. I didn't look to see how many were at SC, because I already had mine, and it doesn't seem like anyone on the boards really wants them all that much. Let me know if the story is different...)

I just got reading some posts here, I live in a small town in Manchester, UK. I went to the 3 main places in my town where toys are sold and theres 0 Minimates.. anywhere at retail. This weekend I hope to be in Manchester City Centre, whereby I'm going to stop at Forbidden Planet store, I'm sure if they have them they'll be pricey though. <_< someone mentioned to me that Southampton FP store was selling them cheap, so who knows I might get lucky.

I've always found good deals off collector friends/ebay for stuff i've been after, whether that be GIJOE, Transformers or even now with Minimates stuff.

I wish there was a retail store in my town that stocked minimates, i dunno maybe its a good thing because if they did i'd be in there everyday to gawp at all the ones i cant afford! :lol: :lol:

Back on topic for the thread, I like alot of those from TRU Series 5. That Spider-Man & Scorpian 2 pack as well as the Silver Surfer, Iron Man and Titanium Man 2 pack are awesome.

I picked up the Swordsman/SS pack yesterday along with BB/CM, Old Man Logan/Hawkeye, and ISM/Electro. I must say that I was very impressed with the Silver Surfer coming with the stand to elevate the board and a peg for SS to stay on. I haven't collected a minimate since Nova/Gamora and have a lot of catching up to do. I figure if I let it go for a while I can just pick them up in bulk and go crazy.

Heartfelt congrats to everyone who's found them. And I'm equally tickled to see TENIME_art's no-TRU-love streak broken.

No love in the Raleigh area. And today was my last day before Christmas to check. (youngest's last day of preschool till January) Talk about a zoo.

Normally I ask the CS desk to check and see if they even came in, but there was a line out the door for the CS desk with angery parents making returns. The last thing they wanted was a wise acre collector askin about toys that have to explained every time I ask.

ANY help I could get with the Surf & Sword set would be appreciated.

Well looks like my TRU isn't getting this wave, I braved the 100's of people crammed into the TRU near here...

To my surprise they had a whole peg full of secret wars sets, but no new 2 packs just the same 9-10 packs of wolverine origins that have been there for months. my guess is that they wont restock any 2 packs til the wolverine ones are shifted.

I didn't buy the SW set because there must hgve been 50 people in the lines to checkout and each had a big ass cartload of kiddie junk.

T.

I kinda had the same experience as Timbo. TONS of people with full carts in line. The Secret Wars set was in stock, and they actually had wave 5 in stock, but of course the Swordsman/Surfer pack was gone. I would have picked up the Old Man packs, but I don't want them, and REALLY didn't want to wait in that line. Still no Angel/Warpath either :(

BS

I just got reading some posts here, I live in a small town in Manchester, UK. I went to the 3 main places in my town where toys are sold and theres 0 Minimates.. anywhere at retail. This weekend I hope to be in Manchester City Centre, whereby I'm going to stop at Forbidden Planet store, I'm sure if they have them they'll be pricey though. <_< someone mentioned to me that Southampton FP store was selling them cheap, so who knows I might get lucky.

I've always found good deals off collector friends/ebay for stuff i've been after, whether that be GIJOE, Transformers or even now with Minimates stuff.

I wish there was a retail store in my town that stocked minimates, i dunno maybe its a good thing because if they did i'd be in there everyday to gawp at all the ones i cant afford! :lol: :lol:

Back on topic for the thread, I like alot of those from TRU Series 5. That Spider-Man & Scorpian 2 pack as well as the Silver Surfer, Iron Man and Titanium Man 2 pack are awesome.

There is no Official UK supplier of Minimates. Forbidden Planet does at times stock Minimates but they can be very hit and miss, so I wouldnt depend on them. In my experience their online website for preorders and orders is Smurfin Diabolical! (I have been in the FP store in Liverpool looking at mates on pegs talking to the customer services person from website on phone and being told my preorder for these waves hasn't come in yet and they where not expecting them for around another month!.)

Get the phone numbers for any FP stores that you can travel to and phone them up it saves on petrol or travel expenses.

At the moment if your outside the USA the best ways to obtain Minimates are to make deals with helpful members of this board, order direct from an E-tailer from USA or Ebay.

I also live in Manchester and have been collecting for about 4 years. Forbidden Planet in the city centre does stock some Minimates, but as was stated can be very hit and miss. I tend to buy mine from ebay or end up ordering from the States.

Upstairs in the Manchester store (last time I was there a few weeks ago) they had movie-related 'mates; 24, Star Trek, Back to the Future. Downstairs are the comic-related 'mates and they had Dark Avengers #2, Thunderbolts and Punisher box sets, FA Avengers and some leftovers from previous waves such as Iron Man movie, Havok/Polaris. Box sets tend to retail at around £12.99. Although they do eventually get shipments, they are ages after the 'mates are first released and aren't very predictable or reliable.

Happy hunting!