UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

Seeing the pics of Hawkeye make me want to read that storyline. Can anyone tell me if it's worth buying or not?

I personally love the story and love that we are getting another mate from it! I plan to replace the issues with the tpb for ease of rereading

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a completely fruitless TRU run here in the east Bay Area. Anyone local have any tips? My closest TRU is unlikely to get anything new for weeks since their shelves are clogged up with Wolverine and Hulk Movie Minimates. UGH!

If anyone needs some of those, let me know.

Well, my TRU has nothing; neither Wave 5 nor Secret Wars. Ya know, i didn't expect to find Wave 5, but no Secret Wars shocked me. There wasn't even a tag for them!! :/ At least the shortpack is gone; i'll only be getting the two TRU packs, since i want all those characters but can still give my LCS some business moving the regular-release ones. :)

Unfortunately, Ult Iron Men and Vault Guard packs are clogging alongside the Wolvie Origins repacks and T2, which quite frankly is NEVER going to move. Gotta say, it was a good call dropping wave 2, TRU. It really was. But maybe DST should take note that the only packs that actually literally CLOG their shelf space are Marvel's current Big 3; Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk. They are the packs that nevber move, and always have at least 3 after a restock on the shelf. Obviously the overpacking of those just doesn't seem to work!! I get that they are the company and, while they have some of the best customer/fan input wants out of any company i know (coughMattelcough), they really never hear us here. The exclusives and the army-builders (that are at least POPULAR) always sell through EVERY restocking!! If anything, exclusives should be overstocked packs anyway because that's only fair to anyone who has trouble finding them (luckily, it takes me one or two trips to get both) AND that they are exclusives. Also, i'm fairly certain that those Army-builder repacked two-packs would sell like hot-cakes. I mean, HYDRA and AIM 2-pack; 1. they are rival teams, so you get a fight-in-a-two-pack companies like. 2. VERY popular Organizations among fans, so they'll sell. 3. two army-builders in one pack!!! make it a 3-per-case and BAM; fans get a small army/squad and DST gets rich. It's almost as brillaint as the single-pack assortments of all the army-builders so far.

In conclusion, Army builders and exclusives?? They sell. Hulk, Iron Man, and Wolverine, that kids will have BILLIONS of bny the time they actually start to "collect" the line?? THEY. DO. NOT.

Well, a completely fruitless TRU run here in the east Bay Area. Anyone local have any tips? My closest TRU is unlikely to get anything new for weeks since their shelves are clogged up with Wolverine and Hulk Movie Minimates. UGH!

If anyone needs some of those, let me know.

I found all of Wave 5 and Secret Wars at the Pleasant Hill TRU today, which east bay TRU do you go to?

Edited by jboogie

Well another day, another big bag of nothing here in The Glorious Commonwealth.© Maybe tomorrow....

I also second whoever said to mix it up more in the TRU series, as the big names that allegedly sell sure aren't moving here. If you must give us them, pack them with someone who would never ever sell by themselves, like the Spot or something.

Only found a single Extremis Ironman/ Titanium Man two-pack and three leftover X-Force Wolverine/Vault Guard two packs. I'm surprised we had so little, we usually have a ton of leftovers. But sadly that means Wave 5 has hit and sadly, no exclusives. :(

Seems like there are alot of sightings for these mates. Gotta make a trip on Monday. Man, that's that I haven't even got the Angel and Warpath mates yet. Its even worse because of all the people out doing there Christmas shopping. <_< But its the thrill of the hunt. Curse it. :biggrin:

I know someone mentioned these were found in NY, but I checked 2 stores in Brooklyn, one in NYC and one in Long Island but only found the Secret Wars set. Anyone know where these are hiding?

I also checked one TRU in brooklyn and one in staten Island. 7 secret wars box sets and some wolverine origins, but no wave 5.

Will check for these tomorrow. Can't wait.

Why can't TRU just offer the new mates on-line at their site...that way everyone (even international customers paying international fee) can have access and (I would believe!) sales for them. The Secret Wars Box Set was there for pre-order about a month or so ago and then just disappeared. Also if it ends up "sold out" on-line, then they would know how many more they need to order. I would think they invested in mates to make money not to just send collectors and Ebay predators to their stores to fight over one or two available specialty mates!!! Seems simply ludicrous...

Will check for these tomorrow. Can't wait.

Why can't TRU just offer the new mates on-line at their site...that way everyone (even international customers paying international fee) can have access and (I would believe!) sales for them. The Secret Wars Box Set was there for pre-order about a month or so ago and then just disappeared. Also if it ends up "sold out" on-line, then they would know how many more they need to order. I would think they invested in mates to make money not to just send collectors and Ebay predators to their stores to fight over one or two available specialty mates!!! Seems simply ludicrous...

Actually - TRU don't offer international shipping at the moment . . . at least they didn't last time i checked. I was pretty bummed, as i was willing to pay the ridiculous shipping to get some of the TRU exclusive Superhero Squad toys, but the checkout wouldn't allow it. Boo Hiss!

Just returned from an early morning TRU run and hit the store just as they were stocking the Minimates! Picked up the Secret Wars set plus most of Wave 5 (passed on the Spidey/Scorpion pack). Very nice assortment. Silver Surfer is AWESOME and Black Bolt was a nice surprise (though I wish he came with a hairpiece).

For those in areas that don't have a TRU, I picked up some extras and am going to post in the Trades/Wants section....

Happy Monday! :D

Well, this was a surprise today. After a crappy doctor visit this morning I headed out to the Northtown TRU near where I live, thinking I'd find nothing to make the day better.

Yet there on the shelf was wave 5 of the Marvel Minimates. I couldn't believe it. After what seemed like forever her in Minnesota, and the fact that we didn't seem to get wave 4 (which still bugs me as I need a few of those sets). Anyway, they had two sets of Old Man Logan/Hawkeye and Silver Surfer/Swordsman. I picked up one of the SS/Swordsman sets, Iron Man/Titanium Man, and Captain Marvel/Black Bolt.

Found some other stuff I was interested in too. So it made the day better.

No Secret Wars set, but they've had a tag on the shelf for quite a while so if these new minimates are any indication, hopefully we'll see more. Just need me an Angel/Warpath and Molecule Man/Spider-Woman. Still had that one MM/SW set with the Spider-Woman switched out... >_>

Just came back from the Dublin, CA. TRU and picked up a 1 - Silver Surfer / Swordsman set and 1 - Captain Marvell and Black Bolt set. Will hold off on the others for now. the Swordsman is cool. He is the main one I wanted. Glad for the Cap and Black Bolt set. More space characters. Still no sign of the Secret Wars set.