UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

Went to the TRU in St. Peters, MO yesterday afternoon and picked up Surfer/Swordsman, Logan/Hawkeye, and a Secret Wars set. They still had one each of Surfer and Logan, one Molecule Man/Spider-Woman, three each of Iron Man/Titanium Man and Black Bolt/Captain Marvel and two pegs full of Secret Wars.

Do these 'mates come with mini bios on the back of the package? If so, could someone please post Swordsman's?

Yes they do: The son of famed HYDRA terrorist Wolfgang von Strucker, Andreas and his twin sister Andrea share flight and energy powers - but only when physically touching. After her death, Swordsman creatively altered his sword to continue using those abilities.

Thanks, House of Ideas! :)

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried that Surfer's peg on the bottom of his board might make things unstable if you didn't want to use the flight base, but it actually isn't too bad. Still needs some balancing, though.

And I was hoping Swordsman would have two swords, cuz you know, his name is SWORDS-man. I can't say I'm very familiar with that character but I do remember seeing him carrying two swords in one of the Thunderbolt's variant covers. Oh well. Loved his raised eyebrow expression!

And DST needs to start rolling out more flight bases in more two packs so we can use them on all the old fliers we have!

Yes they do: The son of famed HYDRA terrorist Wolfgang von Strucker, Andreas and his twin sister Andrea share flight and energy powers - but only when physically touching. After her death, Swordsman creatively altered his sword to continue using those abilities.

By "creatively altered" they mean he had a section of her skin flayed, tanned, and used to wrap the handle of his sword. And they nicely omitted their whole incestuous relationship part. Guess the whole "boy's got no raisin' " things goes without saying here.

Edited by Mirymate

I wonder if the sword handle looks flayed? hee hee

Ha! That' both hilarious and disgusting.

I just made a huge mistake when I called my TRU since I'm going to have to be a hermit for the next two weeks, the lady who answered didn't know what minimates were, and she thought I meant superhero squad figures, so I had to hang up after about 5 minutes. I tried calling back hoping to get someone new and some guy picked up and then he had me on hold for about 7 minutes after I asked, then somebody must of hung up the phone. Serious bullshit, man.

I just made a huge mistake when I called my TRU since I'm going to have to be a hermit for the next two weeks, the lady who answered didn't know what minimates were, and she thought I meant superhero squad figures, so I had to hang up after about 5 minutes. I tried calling back hoping to get someone new and some guy picked up and then he had me on hold for about 7 minutes after I asked, then somebody must of hung up the phone. Serious bullshit, man.

Try using the 6 digit item number when you call: 113214

I always use that since the computer can't claim ignorance.

Got an extra of both sets today, cost plus shipping if ya want 'em.

Hey Fizzle I'll take ya up on that offer if your willing to ship international (Australia), I have paypal.

let me know.

Edited by Leroy

I just picked up extra of,ultimate hawkeye and logan if anyone wants them check my wants and trade thread

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...20&start=20 (my post is 15 posts down from the top )

pm if your interested

Edited by Scorpion

Still Nada in Utah and I called a couple of other stores in Salt Lake area and nothing up there too. Nothing on Secret Wars too. Man Utah TRU are so slow getting stuff! The quickest they ever got things after first sightings posted here was the Second wave of Wolverine Origins and they came a week later but most of the time it is 4-5 weeks later that they show up here. So I wonder why I bother checking so often. Just paranoid that I will miss stuff.

Nice to see that these are apparently becoming a little easier to find!

I managed to grab both sets today (although the Logan/Hawkeye and extra Silver Surfer/Swordsman are for someone else). I am loving Swordsman...even though I don't off-hand know much about the character. The Surfer's board and base make him a welcome addition as well; I'll just pretend I don't have those other three Surfers :)

Just for fun, I went to an out-of-the-way TRU tonight and found all of wave 5. No Secret Wars, though. They had 3 Spider-Man/Scorpion sets, 2 Logan/Hawkeye sets, and 1 each of the other three. I didn't notice until just now that the blue on Captain Marvel's face kind of bleeds through the flesh bits. Is that pretty common?

Just for fun, I went to an out-of-the-way TRU tonight and found all of wave 5. No Secret Wars, though. They had 3 Spider-Man/Scorpion sets, 2 Logan/Hawkeye sets, and 1 each of the other three. I didn't notice until just now that the blue on Captain Marvel's face kind of bleeds through the flesh bits. Is that pretty common?

Possibly out-of-the-way into my area (madison hgts or lakeside?)? :D

Nope, Novi. Still nothing in Livonia or Westland.

No belt tampos for Logan and Hawkeye? Weird.

And since it's been requested but I haven't seen it posted yet, Hawkeye's back:

post-1173-1260076868_thumb.jpg

Edited by God Magnus

thank you.

thank you.

aye many thanks for that, I've been curious

Jeff of the Miniacs