UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the easiest series ever for me to find. I hadn't even put any thought into this series until I read this thread when I was at work ( on break of course. Score one for phone internet!). I decided I better stop by TRU on my way home. I scored the whole series, minus the Scorpion set. I only saw one Swordsman set, but the had 2 of the hawkeye set. On Sunday they had 2 pegs of the secret war pack, they sold through about half of them now.

BOARD! PEG! AAAAHHHHH!!! This is THE set I'll have to get if I only could choose one...

Oh wait, I don't have to. I can get them all! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOVE IT!

On a side note... are those arrows new? I don't remember them from before...

Edited by Trekker 42

The arrow originally came with Taskmaster.

Now, can anyone tell me where Titanium Man's gloves & boots came from? I know I've seen them before and I can't remember and it's driving me mad.

The Iron Man & Black Bolt look terrific! The Titanium Man looks good (more villains please!) The Captian Marvel looks good except he looks like he has been holding his breath (it has a slight tint of blue to it?)

I only wish they would have put in an army builder, but overall a great TRU wave 5 set.

post-2109-1259973822_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1259973857_thumb.jpg

Edited by mtd20_2000

I actually managed to get out of the house to check and my tru just got in another case of the wolvy movie and the warhawk/angel wave. All the variants were gone except 1 mm/sw set, i was a bit disappointed. Guessing I wont be seeing them for a while.

If anyone has a Swordsman/Surfer and the Ironman set I'd trade my Secret Wars or Infantry Gauntlet set for it, and maybe a few extras.

Now, can anyone tell me where Titanium Man's gloves & boots came from? I know I've seen them before and I can't remember and it's driving me mad.

I am sorry but the arrow first came with the dark avengers hawkeye...the taskmaster arrow was first seen with the Orc Scout in lord of the rings

boots are war machines, working on the gloves bit now

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

I am sorry but the arrow first came with the dark avengers hawkeye...the taskmaster arrow was first seen with the Orc Scout in lord of the rings

boots are war machines, working on the gloves bit now

Jeff of the Miniacs

ha! razor cylon for the gloves! I knew I would figure it out lol...I dont have many of those so thats why it was a bit tougher maybe

Jeff of the Miniacs

Checked the Toysrus at Cerritois , Fullerton , and La Mirada, CA. Found the enitre wave minus Silver Surfer / Swordsman at Cerritois yesterday. They still had a few left. No sign of the Secret Wars set though. If anyone comes across an extra Silver Surfer / Swordsman set let me know, I'd be willing to buy it off you.

See there's a part of my brain that says "ooooo, Arrows for Hawkeye, I want that now too!" Fortunately, there's a larger, somewhat saner, part that smacks the obsessive part across the back of the head with surprising force and regularity.

Of course is that really worse than wanting a Silver Surfer for an upgraded board and an assortment of purple blobs? sigh.gif

Went to the TRU in St. Peters, MO yesterday afternoon and picked up Surfer/Swordsman, Logan/Hawkeye, and a Secret Wars set. They still had one each of Surfer and Logan, one Molecule Man/Spider-Woman, three each of Iron Man/Titanium Man and Black Bolt/Captain Marvel and two pegs full of Secret Wars.

Do these 'mates come with mini bios on the back of the package? If so, could someone please post Swordsman's?

Yes they do: The son of famed HYDRA terrorist Wolfgang von Strucker, Andreas and his twin sister Andrea share flight and energy powers - but only when physically touching. After her death, Swordsman creatively altered his sword to continue using those abilities.