UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

I'll have to post pics tomorrow. My wife had the digital camera last, I have looked for it, but I can't find it, and I am not waking her up.

(she wakes up to get ready for work at 4:30 in morning and I am not going to get her up just to ask her where the camera is)

So don't worry i'll take some pics tomorrow.

which ones did you pic up?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First for the good news:

sku #'s:

Extremis Iron Man & Titanium Man

Captain Marvel & Black Bolt

Cosmic Silver Surfer & Swordsman

Logan & Hawkeye

Now for the bad news:

When I found these there were 7 packs left:

2X Extremis Iron Man & Titanium Man

2X Captain Marvel & Black Bolt

2X Logan & Hawkeye

1X Cosmic Silver Surfer & Swordsman

So if you think about it, it looks like the Cosmic Silver Surfer & Swordsman comes one per case & the Logan & Hawkeye come two per case.

(no Scorpion & House of Spider-Man sets were left, not that it mattered, cause I had already got them when I got my series 30 set)

Now for the bad news:

2X Logan & Hawkeye

So if you think about it, it looks like the Cosmic Silver Surfer & Swordsman comes one per case & the Logan & Hawkeye come two per case.

I think this was to be expected. I'm pretty sure Chuck said the ratios were fixed untill wave 6 comes out . . . so there was always gonna be a 1-per-case variant for Wave 5. . . . it's just a shame it's SS&SM rather than Logan & HE :(

Now for the bad news:

2X Logan & Hawkeye

I think this was to be expected. I'm pretty sure Chuck said the ratios were fixed untill wave 6 comes out . . . so there was always gonna be a 1-per-case variant for Wave 5. . . . it's just a shame it's SS&SM rather than Logan & HE :(

Well they can't go and make Wolverine a short pack at TRU now, can they? ;)

Now for the bad news:

2X Logan & Hawkeye

Well they can't go and make Wolverine a short pack at TRU now, can they? ;)

LORD NO! Everybody's gotta get their Wolverine fixation sated. After all, all those Wolverine Origins sets can only keep you satisfied for so long... ;)

All those new mates look great. Not one complaint about their looks. Hell, Titanium Man unmasked looks like Baron Mordo. Get ready customizers. Glad to se Silver Surfer has a foot peg in his board. I hope Swordsman comes with an a hirpiece.

Okay, Okay, So did the Surfer and Mar-Vell actually come with the flight stands or not? I mean, I like a nice action shot and all, but don't tease me with these things. I don't get GB mates, and really don't want to have to buy some just to get the little flight stands.

Other wise, T-man looks better with every picture.

And I'm waiting to see which one of you comstumizers figures out how to attatch those Black Bolt wings in gold to the back of the Defenders Namor first.

Looks like only Silver Surfer came with a flight stand in wave 5. Maybe DST can make more of them in future waves?

Titanium Man still looks somewhat shrimpy, but Extremis Tony and Black Bolt look every bit as awesome as I'd hoped :D I would've liked it even more if Black Bolt came with a hairpiece, but that would've been just gravy on top of all the sculpting and the wings and the detail and the little tuning fork on his head.

And looks like I guessed right: they did go for bald Swordsman under the helmet.

And the new sculpted holster-belt was a nice touch.

I had a friend phone me this morning from Jax, FL that saw the new wave. He said there were two of the Surfer/Swordsman packs.

I sure hope so. Even if the Hawkeye is 1 per case, I don't see it being very popular, relative to the Surfer/Swordsman pack.

aaand there's no chance of these showing up in london :/

For those in southern cali, I spotted these at the TRU in Ventura, off Johnson Drive. They had 2 swordsman/SS and 2 Old Man Logan/Hawkeye, although i bought one of each. And they had a bunch of the other sets. Still no Secret Wars set there though. Shrug.

I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to shirk some responsibility and head to TRU after work to look for these, knowing full well what I'll find. The other part wants to wait until at least tomorrow, risking the (unlikely) chance of missing out on these.

That the case seems to have been balanced gives me some hope that we'll have an easier go this time in the secondary market, so if I can't find them on my local store shelf, I'll be less angry. Now, if we can only get them to carry them online, balance will be restored to the force...er...community.

Over at fwoosh it's being reported the case breakdown for this wave is:

3x Ironman/Titanium Man

3x Spider-man/Scorpion

2x Blackbolt/Captain Marvel

2x Logan/Hawkeye

2x Silver Surfer/Swordsman

HURRAH!! No single packs!! :D

I will vouch for this, because my local TRU had a new case that I just found. And I'm very happy about finding them and the case ratios. Thanks Matt and Chuck.