UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Surfer looks nuts. I was in TRU today askin if they'd seen these or got word of them coming in but they are like talking to brick walls. Anybody else got some info on the shipping or when we should expect to see these?

There is honestly no way to know when these will hit stores, other than someone actually finding them in a store. The employees never know what they are getting, or when, and there isn't any type of shipping list to check. So it's just a waiting game.

BS

Sorry folks it is one per case. By the time we get/got the sales reads from TRU we're a couple series ahead. Any real changes will take place starting with series 6. Hopefully no more one per case short packs and deeper stock at some locations. You will also see more synergy between comic stores , exclusives and TRU mixes. We love you guys but its been really amazing how many new fans are coming to this now that we're in TRU consistently and how young they are, so keep in mind we have lots of masters to serve to help this line continue/grow, onward to bigger and better in 2010 and beyond!

"No one wins unless everyone wins"

Sorry folks it is one per case. By the time we get/got the sales reads from TRU we're a couple series ahead. Any real changes will take place starting with series 6. Hopefully no more one per case short packs and deeper stock at some locations. You will also see more synergy between comic stores , exclusives and TRU mixes. We love you guys but its been really amazing how many new fans are coming to this now that we're in TRU consistently and how young they are, so keep in mind we have lots of masters to serve to help this line continue/grow, onward to bigger and better in 2010 and beyond!

good to hear, any possibility of having 2 army builder figures together at toysrus?

So series 5 will mark the last of the one per case figures. Thank God.

Edited by minimadman

Am I the only one that thinks Swordsman's... sword looks to be a reuse of Valkyrie's from the Defenders set?

That would be because it is. I almost wanted a flesh-colored handle for where he had skinned his sister to keep his powers though...

As nasty as that story is, i DO appreciate it when AA/DST add these kind comic-accurate of details to the figures. But i think we'll be getting Swordsman as seen since we've already seen the in-package photographs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused, and maybe this isn't the right place to ask but here goes. The TRU waves, are they the same as the "regular" waves? With the addition of TRU Exclusive mates, and maybe some different pairing in the package it seems these are the same as other upcomming waves. Am I right?

They don't tend to get a release date, they kinda just show up on certain shelves throughout the US.

After looking at the data for the past TRU waves:

TRU Wave 2

AABlog Pics Feb 25, MMMV sighting March 20, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...5656&st=140

TRU Wave 3

AABlog Pics May 8, MMMV sighting June 18, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...c=6199&st=0

TRU Wave 4

AABlog Pics Aug 25, MMMV sighting Sept 30, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=7132

I have concluded that I too, have no clue when these will be out. Oddly enough, my local TRU usually gets them 2-3 weeks after the first sighting.

TRU Wave 5

AABlog Pics Oct 26, MMMV sighting ???

Let's start a TRU wave release pool! (Not really)

They don't tend to get a release date, they kinda just show up on certain shelves throughout the US.

After looking at the data for the past TRU waves:

TRU Wave 2

AABlog Pics Feb 25, MMMV sighting March 20, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...5656&st=140

TRU Wave 3

AABlog Pics May 8, MMMV sighting June 18, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...c=6199&st=0

TRU Wave 4

AABlog Pics Aug 25, MMMV sighting Sept 30, http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=7132

I have concluded that I too, have no clue when these will be out. Oddly enough, my local TRU usually gets them 2-3 weeks after the first sighting.

TRU Wave 5

AABlog Pics Oct 26, MMMV sighting ???

Let's start a TRU wave release pool! (Not really)

Huh. That's odd. Mine also stocks them on the second week after the first find here. Of course, it doesn't help having school on the day new shipments come in and then getting there late, finding JUST the exclusives gone, but whatever. I'll get them eventually.

But it's odd how they are almost always found about a month and 10 days after the announcement...or somewhere within a 10 day range of that. That should give us a general idea; ESPECIALLY if you're like Groundhog and me and remember when they usually get to your TRU. :P So, Grannyhog, we should expect ours around the...oh God no...20th of DECEMBER!! Gah; right before Christmas!! Better known as Scalper HEAVEN!!! :O

Pardon the possibly stupid question but does anyone know when TRU usually puts new stock on the shelves?

The new stock arives on trucks. They vary from TRU to TRU as to what day they come in. There is not a set date when they arive, so you just have to ask a manager to find out what day the truck comes in and hope the minimates arrive on that shipment.

Edited by mtd20_2000

The guarantee released can be easily found on ebay. When you search minimates on ebay and see them for sale that's when you know they have hit the shelves. That's how i've been finding out when they arrive to stores

That's how I find out if I dont hear about it here first. I always try to check the sellers state too. Most of the time shortly after they show up on eBay they pop up in NJ. Personally I think that they will hit on or around Black Friday.

Pardon the possibly stupid question but does anyone know when TRU usually puts new stock on the shelves?

The new stock arives on trucks. They vary from TRU to TRU as to what day they come in. There is not a set date when they arive, so you just have to ask a manager to find out what day the truck comes in and hope the minimates arrive on that shipment.

Thanks for the info. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

Want the Swordsman.

Hoping the new Surfer has some way to stay on his board to make this set extra worth it.