UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! We're all infinitely grateful for the (potentially unethical) pic-grab TBT :D

Secret Wars! Mar-Vell! TRU-specific stuff! DST employees have all the luck! Now this pic shall torment my dreams! TORMENT THEM, I SAY!

Surfer looks even sweeter that I thought. That flight stand was a stroke of genius, though I'm still figuring out the mechanics of how it attaches to the board :confused: And darn it, can't find a good-enough trace of a foot peg :(

Also, I think purple is a weird color for Surfer's power blasts. Maybe they should have gone with... clear white or something, to match his "Silver"-ness. But then who am I to argue with the color coordination of a space-surfing nekkid guy? Man, I'm such a chick :P

Am I the only one that thinks Swordsman's... sword looks to be a reuse of Valkyrie's from the Defenders set? Here's hoping Andreas von Strucker's face will be under that helmet. (Good chance he'll be bald, he did shave his head to emulate his Dad, right?)

Edited by NorthRaider

Am I the only one that thinks Swordsman's... sword looks to be a reuse of Valkyrie's from the Defenders set?

That would be because it is. I almost wanted a flesh-colored handle for where he had skinned his sister to keep his powers though...

Dammit, I REALLY want this set, but i doubt I'll ever get it. It's so hard to get TRU exclusives in the UK!

That Surfer is better than I expected. Cant wait to get my hands on him. I may have to get two of these. That Swordsman has me thinking of a custom.

After reading all this it's easy to say I'm very lucky. I happened to get my BE/MS pack from Big Apple Cominc Con and just today I walked into my local TRU to find one Angel/Warpath staring at me.

The Zapp Comics by me is garbage and is run by this jerk and I never want to rely on them to get me something cool or rare, especially for a fair price (this guy has huge mark ups).

A Jersey guy huh? Looks like you're my compitition. Which Zapp are you talking about Wayne, Manalapan or the one in Freehold? What TRU's are you checking? Maybe we can help each other out.

Edited by Rheul

has anyone noticed his blob has sweat stains?

I noticed that too. Must've been another prototype-specific detail the mass release missed out on, like the Slurpee.

While we're scrutinizing the picture, i can't figure out who's the male-looking figure in blue at the back left behind Mar-Vell. Can anybody help?

has anyone noticed his blob has sweat stains?

I noticed that too. Must've been another prototype-specific detail the mass release missed out on, like the Slurpee.

While we're scrutinizing the picture, i can't figure out who's the male-looking figure in blue at the back left behind Mar-Vell. Can anybody help?

dum dum duggan

custom, trust me I asked Matt

Jeff of the miniacs

Yup, the sweat stains must've been prototype-only. Just checked MMDB.

Oh well, at least Blob got his tattoo.

dum dum duggan

Jeff of the miniacs

Dum Dum Dugan?! Dang, I never woulda guessed! And from DST Matt too!

Wow, wouldn't it be the coolest if we got an official mate of him?

P.S. Thanks jeff! :)

Edited by NorthRaider

dum dum duggan

Jeff of the miniacs

With all the SHIELD stuff going on and his role in Secret Invasion I see no reason we shouldn't get 'ole Dum Dum sooner or later.

dum dum duggan

Jeff of the miniacs

With all the SHIELD stuff going on and his role in Secret Invasion I see no reason we shouldn't get 'ole Dum Dum sooner or later.

I wouldn'tread too much into it Matt has a slew of customs mixed in with the real mates on his desk... Including a cool Binary!

T.

That Surfer is better than I expected. Cant wait to get my hands on him. I may have to get two of these. That Swordsman has me thinking of a custom.

After reading all this it's easy to say I'm very lucky. I happened to get my BE/MS pack from Big Apple Cominc Con and just today I walked into my local TRU to find one Angel/Warpath staring at me.

The Zapp Comics by me is garbage and is run by this jerk and I never want to rely on them to get me something cool or rare, especially for a fair price (this guy has huge mark ups).

A Jersey guy huh? Looks like you're my compitition. Which Zapp are you talking about Wayne, Manalapan or the one in Freehold? What TRU's are you checking? Maybe we can help each other out.

Wow there sure are alot of collectors from jersey on this board

Edited by Modefan

Wow there sure are alot of collectors from jersey on this board

I blame all of you for my not finding Warpath/Angel yet. Stay outta Central Jersey!

LOL! It's great so know I'm not the only Minimate fiend in state

I am in North Jersey and blame you all for not finding MY Angel/Warpath set.

Actually Ill be in North Jersey (where I grew up) tomorrow to pick up Angel/Warpath. A friend of mine from another board stashed one for me at a TRU. Each state should have its own thread to discuss this sort of stuff.

Actually Ill be in North Jersey (where I grew up) tomorrow to pick up Angel/Warpath. A friend of mine from another board stashed one for me at a TRU. Each state should have its own thread to discuss this sort of stuff.

damn, lucky, let me know if there is another one, worst case, i'll pay you for it or trade for it. Totowa 46?

damn, lucky, let me know if there is another one, worst case, i'll pay you for it or trade for it. Totowa 46?

Not Totawa but I did find Bullseye/Moonstone there when they first were released. If I see anything good Ill hide it and let you know.

I wouldn'tread too much into it Matt has a slew of customs mixed in with the real mates on his desk... Including a cool Binary!

T.

Its hard to see in that photo, but I think he might have used my Binary decal that I have posted at the Factory, which would be awesome. :)

dum dum duggan

Jeff of the miniacs

A Dum Dum Dugan mate would be so damn cool! Phooey on the custom... let's have an official release w/ a revamped Nick Fury!