UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRus Series 5 pics. Swordsman and more!!

fwoosheyman

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat-o! Y'know, I'm beginning to think that the pros of Toys R Us outweigh the cons. Sure, I'm still missing the Angel/Warpath pack, but at least they exist at all, so I could get them for $20 or whatever.

I still haven't read any of the Old Man Logan comics. I really need to get on that.

Swordsman looks great from what little we can see of him, and I really like the look of that new Silver Surfer. He looks more pensive than the old one, which is how I like it. :)

Wow!

1) they really want to finish the Thunderbolts, don't they?

2) old man Hawkeye? Instead of Mohawk Storm? Really?

I wonder what sword he'll get. Blade's katana has been the only sword in this scale I've really been happy with; all of the others have seemed pretty dinky. However, I think design-wise, Deathstroke's sword might be a better fit. Unless that's going to be another new piece...

I'm guessing these hit around the same time as waves 29 & 30 show in comic shops -- late November.

Edited by Lobsterman

While I'm happy for the new figures, I'm less than thrilled that these are being fed to TRU. My local store seems to be in no hurry to restock the Marvel 'mates (we did just get the second series of Wolverine though). Anyone need fives sets of Doom and Hulk?

If they'd ever put the smurfing things on their website, we wouldn't be having these problems. I'm willing to bet its that damn single pack that's making it impossible though. If you have someone order three of a set that has three per case, then you're only cracking open a single case. But having someone order three of Bullseye & Moonstone would result in three open cases, meaning nine of Spidey & Venom to get rid of. DST and TRU need to come up with a better way of doing this. The BSG and GB sets are more balanced, why can't they do the same with the Marvel sets?

If they'd ever put the smurfing things on their website, we wouldn't be having these problems. I'm willing to bet its that damn single pack that's making it impossible though. If you have someone order three of a set that has three per case, then you're only cracking open a single case. But having someone order three of Bullseye & Moonstone would result in three open cases, meaning nine of Spidey & Venom to get rid of. DST and TRU need to come up with a better way of doing this. The BSG and GB sets are more balanced, why can't they do the same with the Marvel sets?

They should experiment with getting different case ratios for the web site versus the retail stores, similar to how AFX and BBTS (and soon hopefully LTS!) get the "god cases" with more variants while normal comic shops get one variant per case. They would probably find that more adult collectors would buy the exclusives on the web site, and these modified cases would sell in a balanced way that wouldn't result in the problem that drgnrbrn described above.

swordsman looks amazing. I almost fell off my chair when I thought we were getting a hawkeye in his old uniform... or ultimate uniform... or... anything i cared about. Old Man Hawkeye? Really?

And does anyone think they are holding out on giving us Songbird for a pack with abe and fixer and.. dare i say it.. baron zemo from when they make their triumphant return in the current thunderbolts book?

I'm not really a follower of the old Logan storylines, so I guess I won't be getting that pack.

And I'm on the fence about the Swordsman/Surfer pack. Swordsman looks good, but I didn't buy the Thunderbolts set. So I don't "need" him necessarily. That he comes with another Surfer (who I have 5 of already) doesn't help things.

Ah well, if Surfer actually pegs onto his board, I think it's a must get. No matter what :D

While I'm happy for the new figures, I'm less than thrilled that these are being fed to TRU. My local store seems to be in no hurry to restock the Marvel 'mates (we did just get the second series of Wolverine though). Anyone need fives sets of Doom and Hulk?

Know what? I'm sorry you're having problems. But people have mentioned this before. People have discussed this to death. And personally I'm sick of the

bitching

! ('scuse my french) Either hunt it down at TRU or pony up the cash at ebay. Those are your options. Because this TRU "dilemma" isn't going away. If anything the fact that we've got 5 waves proves that the system works. Let me repeat that. We have FIVE WAVES. At RETAIL. If they suddenly declared that there's a new super awesome wave that you can get but only if you've never heard of them before, cool. That means more people like minimates, better sales for the product, and a stronger line over all. And it's the internet, you can find anything here. We'd be fine.

Now, a few context clues. I'm not yelling. I'm not angry. I'm do not dislike you even in the slightest, nor has my opinion for your dropped. This wasn't even entirely directed at you either. I'm just sick and tired of everyone making out like hard to find MMs is a bad thing. The fact that they're out there at all makes me very very happy. On top of which, they call it "Toy Hunting" for a reason. ;)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Hey, I'm happy they're out there and I'll take them how I can get them. That doesn't mean I have to smile when they make you jump through so many friggin' hoops to get them. I'm all for the hunt and what have you, but when the stores they are supposed to be available in refuse to carry the things, then I have a right to complain.

Look at it this way. Let's say they start releasing new sets, featuring characters you love and cherish, but in order to get the set, you have to let someone kick you in the balls. Yeah, you got the new Black Cat or whatever, and you suffered for your love, but you still got kicked in the balls. You're allowed to say ouch.

And so we're clear, I'm not angry at you or anyone else either. I'm just defending my position on this.

Hmm, I don't know man. I'm of the opinion that you love your toys more if you work for them, which means more than working 9-5. Hunting for them for weeks is, for me, more rewarding. But that's not really what I'm arguing here. You should be able to go down and just buy it. Sure. But you can't. And we're not going to be able to change it. Sure, you don't have to smile when someone kicks you in the balls, but there's another way to look at it and another option: You can get kicked ion the balls to get a toy and say "^$&$^$#*", You can say "Hey, new toys!" You you can NOT get kicked and also not get the toy, instead resorting to beating up small children to steal what their nads fought so hard for. ;) But seeing stuff like this makes me just scratch my head.

Y'know, if you took the new Vulture wing pieces and cast them in translucent pink plastic, you could get Songbird's sonic wings. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do that next year to complete the team.

Also, the Surfer is a nice surprise and compliments the Infinity Gauntlet set nicely.

To be fair to Captain Minimate, being in Hong Kong means he can hunt in TRU for the rest of his born days, like the rest of us "international" Minimates collectors in the UK and Austrailia etc, and will never ever find these Minimates. It's frustrating enough for drgnrbn and he's in the States.

Y'know, if you took the new Vulture wing pieces and cast them in translucent pink plastic, you could get Songbird's sonic wings. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do that next year to complete the team.

Also, the Surfer is a nice surprise and compliments the Infinity Gauntlet set nicely.

Songbird- that would be awesome. Good call.

Surfer- he is a great compliment to that set. I'm liking the cross-wave and cross-set synergy we're seeing with the TRU waves. I bet he comes with some power cosmic hand-fireballs, too. My only gripe is, I really, really want a vac-metallized Surfer!

am starting to wonder if the TRU waves will eventually cause the demise of the LCS ones. They have already gven us Elctro and now Scorpion out of Wave 30, The Iron man and Titanium from wave 32.

I can see this too, IF only I could find the smurfing things! - my local TRU has now reduced minimate space to 1 peg from what was 4 at a one time! ( damn stupid handful of heroes) that peg is currently clogged up with old movie wolverines and a few wolverine hero/villain packs, so like drgnrbrn I'm not seeing anything new soon.

IMO DST needs to make the cases less lopsided, it seems that the 3-4 per case sets are actually the ones that are hanging around, I think they are underestimating the number of adult/collectors that go to TRU or that kids will go back and get different characters til they have them all, at this price point they will prob even pick up figures they don't know.

Perhaps they should be packing obscure figures like warpath with a wolverine/spidey to make an everyone wins situation!, sure we wouldn't get such cool two packs but at least the case ratios would mean we could find them.

Dinobutt, your "the chase if great" might be fine for you living in the middle of arseend texas where you get to cherry pick the local store but for those of us who could go to the store every other day for months on end ( and have) and still not see the latest two( soon to be 3) waves its not endearing, so much so that I'm getting tired of it all and am considering giving up the chase totally.

T.

p.s. it's freaky as just yesterday I was thinking that we should get a new silver surfer!