UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

Black cat- chest paint is off a bit but again not as drastic as they appear in the earlier photos (flash?)

Maybe in pics, but not in person. The chest on mine is a yellowish grey. It's extremely off-putting. My eyes don't cast a flash on the things I'm looking at (at least, I don't think they do! :blink:)...

Well mine looks ok, like i said not perfect but OK, thanks for the smart ass reply :angry:

It wasn't meant to be smart-ass, calm down.

what was it meant to be then? and dont tell me what to do :verymad:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well! Let us move on a bit from this small dispute and admit that humanity sucks overall and we'll just have to get over it. All of us.

Now, as for this spidey debacle... What the hell were they thinking? Jeez... after seeing Vulture's wings, I'm gonna have to stick with my QC Ultimate Vulture. Looks SO much better. Which is just sad.

Alright, so I just got this set and was fairly satisfied with it. It sounds like I was extremely fortunate that my Doc Ock's arms stay in snuggly enough...

But the upper arm pieces for Spidey and Black Cat are incredibly deformed at the elbow. It may not be something that sticks out visually, but it is definitely noticeable when you try to bend the elbow. It feels like the elbow is backwards (we've all dealt with that before :) ) even though it's not. In fact, the first time I tried bending Black Cat's left elbow, it just completely cracked due to the oddly distributed pressure.

With this happening after my Mephisto's hip broke seconds after removing him from the package, and the time before that Scorpion's tail just about snapped off while removing him from package (it's on by a strand of plastic now), I'm seriously doubting buying Minimates in the future. My lack of interest in the next few waves doesn't help either...

Just about the only thing that is going to bring back into Minimates the way I was in the beginning is Battle Beasts...Because I'm going to buy ALL of those :)

I'm gonna have to stick with my QC Ultimate Vulture. Looks SO much better.

Recipe?

Archangel's wings, Lex Luthor's body, Villain Set Magneto's head, any light green feet, hands are Zombie Hulk. If you fon't care about the hands being claws, any green ones will work.

Dude, WTH? Your post was "mine isn't that bad, so everyone else must be exaggerating", and my response was to correct that.

I'm obviously biased, but any problems with Black Cat are problems too many. I'm with you, Ten. She's got a very off color chest.

Dude, WTH? Your post was "mine isn't that bad, so everyone else must be exaggerating", and my response was to correct that.

WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY "..so everyone else must be exaggerating" No where thats right!

I(like everyone else here gave a personal account of the set I received, not yours, not anyone elses.

you quote me and give a smart ass response, and when i call you on it you fabricate lies.

you're a Liar and an ASS!

Mind your business next time!

Edited by Mattallica

Please guys. The Great God Rad has some down from on high and spoken. Now, this set... if only they had used the QC issues on a set like, say the XMOW sets... God this is just sad seeing The Vulture marred by this. Hope he gets a decent rerelease down the line. Or at least a Blackie Drago version. That way I can put my Villain's Set Magneto head on and it would work.

I wonder if there's any chance of them reissuing this set? Probably a lot less likely than this thread being locked. Could someone pass the Prozac?

We probably won't see a reissue of this set, but I'm sure Ock and Vulture will appear elsewhere down the line. Shouldn't be too hard to do that.

Rad has asked you guys to play nice and you failed... I'm sure he'd have said this himself (If it wasn't so late in the UK that he's sleeping by now.).

Mattalica you are on thin ice name calling is NOT tollerated on here and if you guys can't express yourselves like grownups then you'll be made to go to your rooms to think about what you've done ( well the equivalent in internet terms - suspension).

The next person to post off topic or further the name calling gets a weeks suspension.

T.

Honestly I didn't thin Vulture was the loss that he was. Yeah, yellow wings, but paint fixes that. How do I fix Spiderman? Or Black Cat? Doc Ock IS fixable, but not an easy custom, even for experienced personnel.

Well Cat's been given a couple of options... but I have to say that Spidey's irredeemable. Perhaps you could pose him in some interesting Death scenes without his face showing... That's about the only use I can think of for him.

The vulture seems like an easy fix - it wou;dn't too hard for even the most amature artist/customiser to add a little paint to the wings. They are just a flat surface and don't need any detail.

I 'll still get this set, despite the poor QC issues being mentioned - but i think i'll leave it go until i have enerythign else i want that is currently out first.

Well i got mine today and despite the reviews i wasn't as disappointed as i though I'd be.

Spidey's crap but i didn't expect any thing anyway so no biggie.

I can live with Vultures wings so again not a big problem.

Doc Ock, well after reading about the troubles with tentacles i just used hot water and BAM they went in brilliantly.

Black Cat was the only one i was a little bummed about. Maybe Luke can do us up a "touch up" decal to fix her up.

With those and TRU wave 6 and the Iron man army builders all arriving today I've had a great morning.

So, has anyone made a Falcon custom with the Vulture wings yet?

I'd take even odds on Falcon showing up in a wave not too far down the road – maybe even a TRU exclusive.

I'd like to see someone tackle a Darkhawk custom...

I'd love to see a Deathbird come around too . . .

So, has anyone made a Falcon custom with the Vulture wings yet?

I'd take even odds on Falcon showing up in a wave not too far down the road – maybe even a TRU exclusive.

I'd like to see someone tackle a Darkhawk custom...

Well, there's one silver lining: what with these being crap sets, mayhap they will go on clearance and then we'll have cheap custom fodder.