UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

The Vulture wings are kind of a disappointment but not a huge ordeal to me.

The Black Cat chest vs face skin color sure is, though. What the heck?!

And what's the issue with Doc Ock again? His tentacles don't stay in?

I can't even get 3 of them in, let alone get them to stay in!

BTW for those who are wondering, Docs arms are actually in a tray under the normal tray holding the mates. I've personally never seen that before, but I don't have all the packs.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW for those who are wondering, Docs arms are actually in a tray under the normal tray holding the mates. I've personally never seen that before, but I don't have all the packs.

Only time I've seen it is on the archangel set...

T.

Where were the Doc Ock's tentacles in the packaging? I don't think I could have missed them.

Can you please take a pic of the spider-man without anyone else?

post-2886-1269489540_thumb.jpg

Can we get a picture of the back of Dr. Octopus showing just how the arms connect in?

They are little silver cylinders on his back. They in theory are supposed to attach in there. Not so much.

T.

Phoenix/Sentinel sets are this way also.

And I love battle-damaged versions of characters. I don't know why.

with as bad as these are sounding I'll throw out the offer to anyone wanting to not keep that spidey....I will buy/trade for him as I want a few of him for the webshooters and such...drop me a line and see what we can work out

Jeff of the Miniacs

Gah! This was my most anticipated box set so far, but they look pretty sloppy. I can always paint wings and make tentacle pegs thicker with super glue or something (assuming they're in my set!), but fixing Cat's skintone is a bit out of my league :(

Exactly what I was thinking...was really looking forward to getting Cat...

Wow. With the lines on the face and whatnot, that Spidey looks genuinely horrible.

Wow, I didn't even notice the lines on his face until I saw the close up. The blue base of the torso is what bothered me: the flesh tone isn't thick enough to keep the blue from bleeding through.

I e-mailed DST about Ock's arms. I didn't have the back part of the bubble. :( Would heating up the pins that go into Ock's back help them go in?

Nice under shirt blackcat! (show off those babies)

Spiderman is horrible! Might be the worst minimate ever.

Wow... I'm not a huge Spidey fan but I was excited for these based on the preview pics. I'm shocked at just how poorly executed these turned out. Especially as I look at the phenomenal work done on the Wave 33 'Mates. If I were DST, I'd be having a loooooong talk with whoever did the production on these because clearly some of the shoddy paint jobs were the result of the manufacturer.

I'm guessing these are going to end up warming some pegs. Maybe I'll pick them up when they're half off in four months.

I'm sure if you ask DST in the next Q&A, they'll say that the yellow wings are another "last-minute change".

Which would really make no sense because really has Vulture ever had yellow-green wings versus the green of his costume before in the comics?

This is horrible. What the heck happened with this set!? I might still get it, but dang this is disappointing to see such problems after the last few waves of excellence. DST/AA need to release a statement on this as well as the missing stuff on the 90s Jean Grey and wrong color blue on 90s Beast's chest piece.

These look like a disaster but I remember saying in the Secret Invasion thread that we seem to get brilliance followed by sheer awfulness......as if there were two completely factions at DST !

Secret Invasion wasn't bad...at least for me aside from the Skrull Beast green peaking through the side of the hair obviously when you have the normal face turned out.

This...this is just unacceptable stuff I see with the Spidey set as I really wanted a better Doc Ock and Black Cat as well as Vulture at last.

I wonder on Black Cat if you tried switching out her head with the old Black Cat minimate head if that would maybe help...

OK Secret Invasion wasn't that bad but it goes down as my personal biggest Minimate disappointment ,I'll leave it there.

These weren't really on my must-have list but I was looking forward to a Vulture ,the others would inevitably be disappointing to some of us.....it now looks like...many of us! The Spidey is just awful .......I ran a tin-pot print company for years but something like that never happened in 20 years....where's the QC? Somebody must have seen this before they were put in the packs so why bother? I have seen some of the most amazing stuff recently from DST .......& now this!

T.

There was also Hawkman/Hawkgirl on the DC Direct line IIRC.

Which would really make no sense because really has Vulture ever had yellow-green wings versus the green of his costume before in the comics?

Weeeeeell... there was a brief period in the mid 90's when the Vulture tried that armored battle suit look. The wings were a lighter green color than the main body of the suit.

No explanation for Peter's face. Wonder how consistent that is, or if some were correct. This is what happens when you rush through your work I guess.

Thanks to people who have peppered this thread with pictures lately. At least we can see how absolutely shoddy and diabolical they turned out. I wish I hadn't preordered them cos to have all 4 Minimates in the set buggered up in some way makes it a complete waste of time. However the one saving grace is I think they'll make an entertaining read for Minimates Central when I review them!

I bet your set isn't looking too bad now groundhog? I think some of us would like that set instead!

Well for me, the main reason for getting this set is Vulture. If his only significant flaw is yellow wings, I can live with that. I will also, I'm sure, be able to modify Doc Ock so that he looks correct and can replace the outdated version on my shelf. So, despite the disappointment, much like the Secret Invasion set, this set may give us some positives. An imperfect Vulture is better than no Vulture at all, right?

Dissapointing set :( I'd been toying with getting one but now I won't.

However I do like the updated web-bracket. It would look great on an updated Ben Reilly and Scarlet Spider mate ;)