UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

My girlfriend picked these up for my at the comic shop near her house, it's the only place anywhere nearby that carries 'mates, now I have to wait till she brings them over. It's cool. I can wait. Not a problem........bah!!

My LCS got Wave 33 and the Iron Man single issue figures (2 Drones and Justin Hammer). No sign of the Spidey Friends & Foes set...

I snagged the Rachel Grey/Sentinel and Excalibur costume variant sets. Completely awesome!

Edited by Binaryan

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone opened these yet? Mine didn't come with Doc Ock's tentacles, and there is no place for them in the plastic. Also, Vultures wings are...yellow.

I picked up the box set today at lunch but I am stuck working late so I have not been able to crack them open and get some pictures.. I'm sure someone here will have time to do it before I do.. but I'll check back when I get off and if there are no pics I'll jump on it.

I'm most excited for vulture.. so nice to get another Spidey Baddy for my Spidey Baddy Display!!!!

Just picked these up. Not impressed.

Spider-Man has what is quite possibly the worst paint job I have ever seen on a 'mate. Sloppy lines, smudged details, not to mention the bleed through of the underlying colors. The web tampo was obviously placed on his face first, as it has bled through all of the overlying paint, meaning his exposed face and the eyes have webs running through them. also, his feet are blue plastic painted red, which would be a non issue if they had painted the bottoms of his feet. Over all, he looks like someone's first custom, meaning he looks very unprofessional.

Dr. Octopus(though he really should be called Dr Heptopus as only three of his arms will attach) has some of the same, to a lesser degree thanks to the less complex paint job but, like the other figures in this set, his facial features are very washed out looking.

Vulture isn't too bad, but he still has the washed out detail lines that plague the rest of the set, plus the lines on his costume are only present on the front which is a bit jarring. also, the paint on his hands is clumpy and looks weird.

Black Cat may be the best in the set, but that's sadly not too great in these circumstances. She has the issue of the detail lines like the rest of the set, and similarly to Spider-Man, the bottoms of her feet are not painted, leaving them a some what glaring white up against the black of the rest of the costume. On my figure her left arm won't stay on. May just be my figure, but still annoying.

Overall this set is very disappointing. I kinda think had 34 been at my store this week, these would have been very easy to pass. Too bad too, because these are characters I had really wanted. Oh well.

Edited by Glantern

Where were the Doc Ock's tentacles in the packaging? I don't think I could have missed them.

Attached are a couple of quick pics. I actually like the Doc Ock, but don't have the arms, of course. The Spidey I didn't really care about. Black Cat's skin tone is a head scratcher. Her chest must be grey from all the chimney sweeping she's been doing. Vulture's wings are an odd color, and I can't get his white collar to center just right, it keeps sliding around.

So, yeah, disappointing set.

post-1266-1269481613_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1269481643_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1269481654_thumb.jpg

Just out of curiousity... has anyone in the history of ever been really into battle-damaged versions of things? I just don't see the appeal.

personally I liek battle damaged version on people it makes sense for...spidey gets tossed around a lot and his costume gets shredded tons so its cool by me

Jeff of the Miniacs

The Vulture wings are kind of a disappointment but not a huge ordeal to me.

The Black Cat chest vs face skin color sure is, though. What the heck?!

And what's the issue with Doc Ock again? His tentacles don't stay in?

I can't even get 3 of them in, let alone get them to stay in!

Bummer about the set. I didn't want the Spidey so that doesn't really bother me, and I don't have a problem with the original Black Cat either. I can live with the Vulture's wings. Its the Doc oc that I'm worried about. Oh well, I can't hate any set that gets me closer to a complete Spidey rogues gallery.