UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zola's Awesome Picture Thread!

arnim zola

I'm working on a big project for the minimate community, involving lots of pictures and forcing my opinions on the lot of you :) . Since I got back from SDCC Ive been unable to provide my photos of the latest mates in high resolution. So I'm starting back up now in this thread with wave 28 and other misc. photo's. I'll also throw in some of the better shots I got from SDCC. Aside from that, if anyone takes a spectacular photo of their mates in a display or anything cool thats mate related, then feel free to post it here. And yes, this is similar to my Action Photo thread from back in the day, but these dont have to be action only, just great ideas and great shots!

So here we go:

100_1748.jpg

100_1750.jpg

100_1753.jpg

100_1754.jpg

100_1757.jpg

100_1758.jpg

Thanks to having the TRU wolverine set, I can make my Secret Invasion Beast a little more X-men like with his own X-belt. I also didn't realize that This wolvie had a blue belt tampo'ed on under the red one.

100_1759.jpg

My Deadpool came with one katana and 2 of the same mask. I already emailed customer service.

100_1760.jpg

100_1765.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/withafacelikemurder/minimates/Marvel/Wave%2028/100_1767.jpg

This whole wave i got from CornerStoreComics by the way with no troubles.

Here is what I'm most excited to show off. I found these three spiderman mega bloks sets at Ross on the cheap and they combine to form a mini playset, or in my case a new minimate display!

100_1768.jpg

100_1769.jpg

Heres why you should care:

100_1770.jpg

SCALE GOBLIN GLIDER! Its even got peg holes for the new goblins feet!

100_1771.jpg

Plus, I'm sure many of you have this somewhat plain Dr., who doesnt seem to look so cool next to your Mysterio and Sandman.

100_1772.jpg

This is what I have now thanks to the minimate gods

100_1773.jpg

100_1774.jpg

As you can see, I did a little cutting with my Xacto knife to turn my Dr into one capable of receiving a arm transplant.

100_1782.jpg

100_1775.jpg

I also found a use for all the Buck Captain America's I got stuck with while army building my A.I.M. soldiers. A lttle parts switching and you have an elite squad to go with your regular squad! I also ended up with a slightly more accurate Red Skull.

100_1789.jpg

100_1790.jpg

And here are 2 of my current Minimate Shelves, not at all full, but I'm keeping it light so it will be easier to pack when I move in Dec.

100_1776.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1780.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1785.jpg

100_1786.jpg

100_1787.jpg

100_1788.jpg

100_1791.jpg

100_1792.jpg

100_1793.jpg

And here are a few from SDCC:

100_1706.jpg

100_1726.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/withafacelikemurder/minimates/Marvel/SDCC%2009/100_1725.jpg

100_1730.jpg

Me and Cobra-La!

100_1069.jpg

100_1129.jpg

100_1130.jpg

100_1196.jpg

For those that wanted to see the Scorpians tail

100_1219.jpg

100_1205.jpg

100_1210.jpg

100_1220.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1239.jpg

Edited by arnim zola

That Titanium man looks alot better in your picture then the proto pics I have seen. good job

No kidding. It doesn't look like a bad custom in that picture. Face is still off though.

That Titanium man looks alot better in your picture then the proto pics I have seen. good job

No kidding. It doesn't look like a bad custom in that picture. Face is still off though.

I still wish that it were a sculpted chest piece (never thought I'd say that) for bulk, but it does look much better than the proto. B)

Absolutely brilliant Arnim.

I love your display

Me too! So much so, that it inspired me to track-down those "street series" sets (though I paid a bit more than you...lucky dog!). I absolutely love the Mega Bloks sets (been stock-piling bargain-finds for a couple of years now) for 'mate dio.s, but unfortunately mine are all packed-away in storage. Perhaps when we get moved into our new house I'll be able to finally sit down an play around with all of mine and build those City scene and Stark Lab (and Danger Room, Bat-Cave, Arkham Asylum, BSG hangar and bridge, Ghostbusters HQ...phew!) that I've been wanting to do. I had the same idea for the Doc Ock fix, but hadn't figured out how I'd execute it. After seeing yours, I know exactly how to go about it (perhaps even use two sets to make the arms even longer)...thanks for the inspiration!

Great pic.s Arnim, thanks for sharing! B)

*If you don't already have one, I highly recommend the Mega Bloks "Marvel City Towers" set as it also has the very cool (and perfectly scaled) Goblin-glider and very handy "flight-sticks" (which are also great for displaying flying characters).

Edited by cdubya

lol, after all your work on doc ock...

they release exactly what you made :)

I saw that and couldnt believe it. Thou it saves me the trouble of repainting his gut with some shading. I'll probably keep mine on the shelf for a good while since I have so much I can do with my tentacles and the new ones look a little limited in the one photo, so I'll have to get my hands on it before I decide what to do. I still think everyone should pick these mega bloks sets up anyway to make the combined building a display piece. The wall behind rhino and mysterio can get knocked out and any diorama from them adds vertical display areas that shelves usually lack.

Thank you for the tip Zola. I went to my Ross and found the last one there and man are these gliders great for Minimates. Just have to score one more for my Hobgoblin. Are there any more in your stores? Nothing over here. Do you happen to want the "lego" pieces? I know I don't need them.

Folks, get these if you can, they are awesome!

Thank you for the tip Zola. I went to my Ross and found the last one there and man are these gliders great for Minimates. Just have to score one more for my Hobgoblin. Are there any more in your stores? Nothing over here. Do you happen to want the "lego" pieces? I know I don't need them.

Folks, get these if you can, they are awesome!

I'd love the log pieces if you dont want them