UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 29 & 30

mav-man

I got my sets from Sci-Fi Genre today and will give a mini-review... Storm is awesome. I love adding 90s X-Men to my Minimates collection and how they did her up is just great with the new hair and cape. My Black Panther's face tampo is thankfully on straight. I was worried after reading of the problems involving it on here. Love the ability to change him from modern to classic. Things like that to me make a truly great minimate.

The Spider-Mans (HoM and Shock Resistant) are both good, though not big concerns to me. Electro's nice to have as a minimate, but anyone else think his mask is kinda...too big looking? Scorpion is another great mate to have finally. They managed to pull off his tail and still keep a minimate style about it.

The Hydra Soldier is kinda interesting with the modern and classic looks to it, but like others say, the hole on the classic head kinda ruins that appearance somewhat.

Armored Daredevil is kind of a meh for me since they didn't even make a new Daredevil mask, just repainted the older one. Moon Knight is awesome. They came up with a lot of interesting things for him, including the cape and hood attachments. It works for this scale given how difficult capes with hoods over heads can be difficult in toys to do.

However, my Moon Knight did not come with his cresent weapons. I thought maybe they fell out when I opened the pack, but I think like the hairpieces and hands, they'd have been taped in. So...if I contact the company, will they send replacements maybe?

The other thing is my X-Force Wolverine's mask looks like crap. Badly painted (missed one side of the mask with the paint) and the eyes are WAY off compared to the yellow/blue Wolverines I saw before. Definitely would like to replace that, but doubt asking cause of crappy job from the factory will net me a better one, would it?

I don't think I've lucked out on a good Wolverine mask yet. >_> At least since they have made this newer design for it.

Otherwise, nice to have more new Marvel Minimates. Can't wait for the next 3 waves, which have even more characters I want. (Especially wave 34)

Oh, and I didn't get the Spider-Girl/Vault Guard set yet in case anyone was curious. Kinda held off for now as I still have some stuff Ito get other then that.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I didn't get the Spider-Girl/Vault Guard set yet in case anyone was curious. Kinda held off for now as I still have some stuff Ito get other then that.

That was the pack I skipped from this wave as well (well, 2 packs if you include the variant). I have no knowledge of or interest in either of those figures. Vault guard isn't very visually appealing to me, or I might have picked him up despite this.

The tampo apps on this wave did seem to be all over the place. I saw them in my local comic shop, and had a tough time choosing which Spideys to buy since the apps were either a bit messed up or off center on several figures.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm having issues with moon knights cape! it's too long and means my MK doesn't stand up...

Also the part where the cowl and cape seperate is really messy...

Anyone else having this issue?

T.

Do you mean the pointy ends are hitting the ground preventing him from standing properly? Well, I had/still have that problem. Instead of curving it inwards, I just bend it outwards forcefully long enough to hopefully stay more bent out.

the only question left is,who will use scorpions tale for TB Venom......

I already responded to this comment once, but now that I have my Scorpions I just wanted to say:

The tail fits onto TB Venom with no modification needed (aside from needing a coat of paint) no glue, no cutting, it stretches the belt a little and the heads a little easier to knock off on accident but overall it works great.

the only question left is,who will use scorpions tale for TB Venom......

I already responded to this comment once, but now that I have my Scorpions I just wanted to say:

The tail fits onto TB Venom with no modification needed (aside from needing a coat of paint) no glue, no cutting, it stretches the belt a little and the heads a little easier to knock off on accident but overall it works great.

Do you have a picture of it, did you take off the bulky body to fit it?

I put Moon Knight's arms, legs, and hips on my Moon Knight custom:

moonknight2.jpg

I would have put the torso on too, but its superglued to the cape. I think the eyes are a little too small and intense on the official one, so this is the version I am displaying.

I am attempting something rarely tried in my 38 years on this mortal coil... patience.

29 & 30 are sitting, waiting to be shipped in my "Pile-O-Loot". Originally, 31 (and maybe 32, they were never crystal clear there) was coming out this month and I figured I'd just ship all those waves at once and save a smeg on the shipping. Now everything's been pushed back. And here I sit, trying to figure out if I can really stand to wait till 31 like originally planned, or break down and ship what already there, which kinda foils the whole point of the loot pile.

So I log in, and listen to how cool the Scorpion's tail is, and see how neat the pearlized Storm looks, and the curious horror that is back boobs. And I feel my right eye start to twitch like a monologuing villain in some bad, late night anime.

I take another long drink from a cold can, I try my best to hang on just a little longer...

(just opened my Moon Knight yesterday)

Yeah, I have a couple issues with the cape, too. I'm not having the "stuck to the body" problem Luke mentioned; rather, mine keeps falling off. The cowl keeps sliding up because of the too-long thing TBT mentioned.

This is a pretty easy fix, though. The thing that's really bugging me is how out-of-place he looks next to all of the other caped characters. In general, I think the "cape evolution" in Minimates has been a good thing – we've progressed from the flat rectangle hanging straight down on the first waves of mates, to the more contoured, but still block-figurey capes from the DC mates. The curvature and bulk of this cape, though, go out of block figure and right into action figure. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool-looking cape, it just feels like it drifted a bit from the Minimates style guide.

It feels doubly weird when you consider other mates like Dr. Strange and Cloak – both made within this "generation" of more detailed mates – who, if anyone, should have ridiculously huge, flowing capes.

Is this bugging anyone else?

I am attempting something rarely tried in my 38 years on this mortal coil... patience.

29 & 30 are sitting, waiting to be shipped in my "Pile-O-Loot". Originally, 31 (and maybe 32, they were never crystal clear there) was coming out this month and I figured I'd just ship all those waves at once and save a smeg on the shipping. Now everything's been pushed back. And here I sit, trying to figure out if I can really stand to wait till 31 like originally planned, or break down and ship what already there, which kinda foils the whole point of the loot pile.

So I log in, and listen to how cool the Scorpion's tail is, and see how neat the pearlized Storm looks, and the curious horror that is back boobs. And I feel my right eye start to twitch like a monologuing villain in some bad, late night anime.

I take another long drink from a cold can, I try my best to hang on just a little longer...

I had 29 and 30, the Infinity Guantlet set, and T2 wave 2 in my pile of loot. When I found out 31 was delayed, I giddily shipped it. They came yesterday, and it was a happy, happy day. The HYDRA goons are outta this world cool. THAT is how to do an army bulder. The back boobs are fugly, and the cape on Moonknight needs a bit of work, but I really can't get over Black Panther's face! The eyes on mine are so out of line, it looks like Sloth from the Goonies might be under the mask. It's so frustratingly ugly that I may have to make a decal or something to fix it. Work. Bah.