UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 29 & 30

mav-man

I just checked my comic shop and they are not getting wave 29 or 30 in today, probably next week then.

I have a feeling my shop is going to tell me the same thing which is partially why I havent called...I am going in later anyways to get my Lantern rings for this week so maybe there will be a surprise there when I get there then!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are already on ebay

are they loose??

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not yetBut someone is selling the waves with the variant, but not the non-variant. So you get 3 2-packs

I always get leary about the packaged ones on ebay on the release day as they tend to use stock photos but I searched these out and they are in hand photos so thats cool....cant wait to see if my shops got them this week

Jeff of the Miniacs

ok, just got home from getting these. Overall, pretty cool. But there's one thing that bugs me on Electro, Insulation Spidey, Vault Guard, and the Hydra agent: Peg holed heads! Since all of these figures were designed to not have hair pieces, I find this quite annoying. I really think it hurts the figures when displayed without the masks. Guardsman and Electro are excusable because most people will leave the mask on, but I like the face under the mask of the hyda agent more than the one on it, so I wanted to display him sans additional pieces. And it's even sillier on spiderman, since DST put the classic mask underneath so that it could be swapped onto classic spidey, not to mention the fact that unlike the other masks in the wave, Insulated spidey's is the only one to lack a peg, making the peg hole without any purpose.

/rant

Ok, so it's alot of complaining, but don't let it fool you, I still find these 'mates very cool, just a little peeved by that one issue. Oh, well. Not a huge deal I suppose

ok, just got home from getting these. Overall, pretty cool. But there's one thing that bugs me on Electro, Insulation Spidey, Vault Guard, and the Hydra agent: Peg holed heads! Since all of these figures were designed to not have hair pieces, I find this quite annoying. I really think it hurts the figures when displayed without the masks. Guardsman and Electro are excusable because most people will leave the mask on, but I like the face under the mask of the hyda agent more than the one on it, so I wanted to display him sans additional pieces. And it's even sillier on spiderman, since DST put the classic mask underneath so that it could be swapped onto classic spidey, not to mention the fact that unlike the other masks in the wave, Insulated spidey's is the only one to lack a peg, making the peg hole without any purpose.

/rant

Ok, so it's alot of complaining, but don't let it fool you, I still find these 'mates very cool, just a little peeved by that one issue. Oh, well. Not a huge deal I suppose

Any chance you can post some detailed pics of them?

give the man time, fellas. It's still early in the day.

(ya got till 6 EST, GL, after that they're breaking out the pitchforks. ;) )

I picked up Marvel waves 29 and 30 today, plus Terminator wave 2. Also, the BSG min-fliers were out. It was a huge minimate day. I'll try and post some pics later tonight.

not the best pics in the world, but I wanted to share my love of Hydra!

over all the wave is really good. Black Panther, Storm and Moon Knight are a home run...the only dud is Daredevil...(poor costume, but decent mate)

anyway I have some extras so check my want haves :D

on to the pics

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

hail hydra

moc847

I'm really not liking the Black Panther minimate. His cape is just too big. It gets in the way of his hairpiece and his mask, and it's hard to pull his head off with it on there. It also restricts his shoulder movement too much. He does look OK without it, but something about his mask isn't quite right....the eyes are too far apart or not even or something. Also T'Challa has a big crotchpiece.

Moon Knight is incredible though! This is how you do a minimate with a cape. It doesn't get in the way, and looks awesome! He has a belt, instead of a giant crotch, and you can store the crescent-arangs he has on the belt (with a little work). This is my favorite of both new waves.

The 90s Storm is pretty amazing too. The hairpiece is spot on, and the paint is a metallic pearl color.

Daredevil is kind of OK. Nothing really wrong with it, just a bit boring. The billy club pieces are nice though.

I also picked up Scorpion, who rocks. The tail is really well done, with a backpack piece like Angel's. It has a ball-and-socked joint in the middle, but only pivots horizontially on mine.

CIMG3433.jpg

CIMG3435.jpg

CIMG3439.jpg

CIMG3440.jpg

Ok, so I didn't get the Spider-Girl/Vault Guard & House of M/Scorpion sets from 30, and aside from the peg hole thing, Electro, Isulated Spider-Man and the Vault Guard appear to be identical to their TRU counterparts show over at the Database, but here's Ultimate Spider-Woman

post-2133-1258602798_thumb.jpg