UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 29 & 30

mav-man

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty lame about the peg holes... Even if the Hydra guy was designed that way, for some reason, why would they add them to the Spider-man head when it'd already been produced without one for TRU? Factory mix-up with the base bodies they use or something?

Oh well, otherwise these look great! Thanks for the pics!

Edited by battlecat

Love the Hydra goon (sans powerhouse and slip-over mask, of course). I only bought one today, but I want at least 2-3 more. By far the coolest army builder yet. Wish Black Panther's slip piece wasn't so dang big, though, or had the eyes printed closer together as cesium says.

I wish I would have run across a Spidey at TRU to have no hole in his head, since I plan on using this head with my wave 24 Spidey, but. . .this will do.

After looking at Glantern's pics, I'm convinced its not just the Black Panther I got....the eyes are off. The one on the left is higher than the one on the right.

Man, I had high hopes for this one too. :(

Edited by cesium salami

Wish Black Panther's slip piece wasn't so dang big, though, or had the eyes printed closer together as cesium says.

I wish my Black Panther had it's face painted on straight (or ears molded straight)...

4116233255_2ee19ce6b6_o.jpg

I wish I would have run across a Spidey at TRU to have no hole in his head, since I plan on using this head with my wave 24 Spidey, but. . .this will do.

HoM Spidey has no peg on it's head so that may do okay instead. It's color is just a little more muted and not as bright as Insulated Spidey.

And has anybody else figured out what "090918KK" stands for? It's been branded on every single minimate butt on these two waves. TRU waves didn't have them. Is this another crack the code game that DST is playing? (see GLantern's post of images earlier in the thread for the cow brandings)

What is the reasoning behind the hydra agent coming with a mask that looks like the face below it? I don't understand.... Seems unnecessary.

There is a difference, it's subtle but there. The idea was to represent Hydra agents from different eras. The slip on pieces represent the more modern take on the uniform. They come off so old guys like me won't whine about "wishing they look more classic".

Won't stop us from griping about the peg holes though. We are fans afterall, and it's against the laws of the universe to make us 100% happy with anything. Nits will be picked. (and often need to be)

Won't stop us from griping about the peg holes though. We are fans afterall, and it's against the laws of the universe to make us 100% happy with anything. Nits will be picked. (and often need to be)

That's what the TRU waves are for, to fix the little complaints we have and to get us to go buy the same figure twice. It's simple too, just walk into your local store and...oh.

This sucks, I checked DST's shipping schedule and the only thing that was supposed to come out yesterday was the Infinity Gauntlet set and everything else next wednesday. Now all of you have these and my shop didnt even get them in. Plus The online stores I order from still dont have them in. LAME.

I cant wait to build the crap out of a Hydra army. I dont care if one is classic and the other one isnt, I'm taking off excess pieces in a way that leaves me with 5 or 6 classes of Hydra soldiers, from Elite Gaurd to the all important, bullet catchers.

I cannot believe I need to wait till next week for these! Grrrr... Moon Knight looks even better than I expected and the Hydra Goon is far and away the best army builder yet. Scorpion looks off the hook as well. Storm is a nice compliment to the JL X-Men were getting but Mohawk Storm (if we ever get her) is the version I really want. That Black Panther is a bit of a turn off though. I wish I could skip him but for better or worse, ya gotta have T'Challa. I couldn't give a fig about Ult Spider Woman though.

This sucks, I checked DST's shipping schedule and the only thing that was supposed to come out yesterday was the Infinity Gauntlet set and everything else next wednesday.

So, does anyone know if IG is shipping soon or not?

The guy at the store I checked last night told me next week... What ever thats worth...

Wish Black Panther's slip piece wasn't so dang big, though, or had the eyes printed closer together as cesium says.

From the pics posted, it looks like they balanced the eyes against how he looks with the cape and everything on, but didn't then check the placement would look okay on the "bare bones" version...

A completely unnecessary gaping hole in the head feels like a bit bigger a problem than our usual nits... I mean it's not something subjective like most of our griping, it's a very noticeable defect.

I saw this on Twitter. Can anyone confirm if they are all like this or is this an isolated occurrence?

Minimate Monger: Here are pics of the front and back boobs of Spider-Girl. What an odd sentence. http://minimatemusings.blogspot.com

Oh Jesus i friggin hope this is just an error on only his!! She's one of the ones i want most!! :(

Thanks a lot for the pics guys. Still unhappy i have to wait for when they were SUPPOSED to come out, though...and i'm betting IG will be out the same week...dammit.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Ok, so I didn't get the Spider-Girl/Vault Guard & House of M/Scorpion sets from 30, and aside from the peg hole thing, Electro, Isulated Spider-Man and the Vault Guard appear to be identical to their TRU counterparts show over at the Database, but here's Ultimate Spider-Woman

post-2133-1258602798_thumb.jpg

Awesome Pics! Thanx buddy. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Quick question: are Stroms puffy sleeves an accessory that slips over the normal arm, or are they a solid, newly sculpted upper arm piece?