UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gruesome Ghosts Writing Contest!

luke314pi

yhst-93938751372656_2074_3859595.jpg

By popular demand, I have set up a writing contest related to the Gruesome Ghosts Decal Kit! Get ready to have your writing skills put to the test. :)

You will create a short story based on one of the ghosts in the Gruesome Ghost Decal Kit. This story should describe how this spirit became a ghost, and who they were before they became a ghost. Make sure to use their official ghost name from the pack, so we know which ghost you are writing about. All of the ghosts can be seen in our Facebook Photo Albums. As long as you include the items above you are welcome to write about other ghosts in your story, other events that happened to your character after he/she became a ghost, or pretty much anything else you want.

Here are the rest of the rules:

1. Your story is limited to 2,000 words. This is the maximum, and you do not have to write this much if you don’t want to. Click here to see how to check your word count in Microsoft Word.

2. Your story must be your own work in its entirety. No plagarism allowed!

3. All stories will be published on Minimate Factory after the contest ends. By submitting your story, you agree to this.

4. Mature subject matter and language is acceptable, but please don’t make it anything worse than you would get in an R-rated movie.

5. One story entry per person.

You will be emailing the stories to me at luke (at) lukestoystore (dot) com. The subject of your email should be Writing Contest. You can either attach the story to your email or paste the story into the body of your email. Either way make sure your name is included, and please use the name that you would like to have displayed on Minimate Factory.

The stories will be judged by my wife and I. We will be looking at both the quality of your ideas and the quality of your writing. We will be awarding prizes based on what we feel are the best three stories overall. Basically, we are looking for a story that is entertaining. The winning entry will definitely move us in some way, whether that means to laugh, to cry, or to curl up in the fetal position holding a crucifix.

Wait, did someone mention prizes?

1st Place:

* A custom 2″ Minimate of your choice created by yours truly! The character choice is completely up to you!

* One of the characters in my next decal kit will be based on you! Its been no secret that my next decal kit will be zombie-themed, so this is your chance to see yourself as a zombie!

* One Mini-Figure Display Case

* One Ninja Decal Kit

* One Free Comic Book Day 2009 Minimate

2nd Place:

* One Ninja Decal Kit

3rd Place:

* One Ninja Decal Kit

Entries will be accepted between now and Sunday October 18th at 11:59 PM CST.

The winner will be announced on Thursday October 22nd at Minimate Factory on our one year anniversary!

If you have any questions, you can post them here, or email me at the email address posted above.

Good luck and have fun!

Phew, just finished writing my story.

... still thinking whether I should send it though. I worry anyone who reads it might hate me forever.

EDIT: Okay, I just sent my entry. I just hope all that psychological scarring was worth it :P

Edited by NorthRaider