UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

Nice pics and I like the display cases in the rear. Is that a yellow electric bolt for Electro?

Yup; just like the concept art, he gets 2 (??) yellow bolts that fit over his hands!! Storm will get the same; while i haven't bought Electro yet, because either he or Spidey SUCK in all the packs here, they are really nice looking pieces and can be used for, well, any kind of energy; hell, i plan to Sharpy a few green and give them to the Lanterns!! :P

Oh...pink ones might work for that new Surfer...

Yep their are two electric bolts for Electro. The display cases are like $7.99 or $6.99 (I forget which) from the container store. They are perfect for housing minimates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what?

I was in Charlotte a few weeks ago to support my wife at the Breast Cancer walk. So while she was walking, I used my borrowed Garmon to hit all the TRU's I could find. And much after discovering two had closed, I discovered a third that was not. It was well after noon by then, so hopes were low. But low and behold there was one of each exclusive sitting there on the minimates peg. In fact, the only one that was sold out of the whole wave 4 was the Hulk-Ironman set. But that's not the point The point is that I found Molecule Man, Spider Woman, Angel and Warpath. Yeah me!

And then I get home and find out I'm still behind since now there's wave 5. sigh.

Well i very happily found a lone pack of X-force angel/Warpath today!!!!!!!!! I was so giddy upon seeing it. Hell, i wouldn't have gone in until Saturday, but i needed a ball for an Art II project. Of course, there was no one at any cashier counter, so i had to go to the video game section...right next to the action figures. :) Dad was mad and wanted to leave, but i darted over and grabbed 'em. Of course, now i have to go back Saturday and grab the Miniflyers and Vault Guard packs clogging the shelves. God, i LOVE this army-building schtick. :lol:

Sadly, i had to get this at the passing-up of a DCUC Wave 10 Power Girl. any DCUC collector knows how hard Wave 10 is to find at all, but passing up a great figure like Power Girl (and one of the only 3 i want from 10) is just salt in the wound. I hope she's still there next time. :(

And, while no one will believe me, I'd still be this angry if I found everything I wanted as easily as I wanted, because it still wouldn't change the fact that not everyone who wants them can find them. Again, hard as it is to believe, I'm not a selfish, little brat.

When I was an undergrad, I was initially startled to find out that members of the student government all received "golden parking passes," that allowed them to park. . .wherever they wanted to, whenever they wanted to, basically (I wouldn't be surprised if they were allowed to park in the handicapped spaces).

My initial surprise turned to anger, when I realized what was going on--the University was coopting the SGA membership. Not only so that they wouldn't make strong complaints against the parking situation, but also that they wouldn't generally rock the boat too hard. But then, my anger turned to acceptance, as I realized that this was a mutually beneficial exchange, between two rational agents. If I were in either situation, I would behave similarly. Then, my acceptance shifted back to furious anger, as I realized that I was not, in fact, either of these actors, and instead was the poor shmoe who got screwed having to walk 2 miles away from my dorm to the car whenever I wanted to get some groceries!

In other words, DST/TRU, if you are reading this, TENIME stands alone here. Just send me the exclusives directly whenever they are released, and I won't ever complain again. Honest. I'll even defend you, as difficult as that might be! As long as I am satisfied, then all will be right in my world :D

Seriously though, make these available to the Multiverse membership, and we will sing your praises. Fail to do so, and I can't be held responsible for what "we" do. This is not a threat, it is friendly advice :)

How the hell did I miss that post initially Bro Samuel ???

Awesome!

just got my molecule man and spiderwoman pack right now,if anyones interested to trade,pm me

Nice. I went to TRU today and all they had from the wave was one Electro/Spidey and three Ultimate Iron Man/Ultimate Hulk packs. I took a pack to an employee and asked if he could scan it and see if there were any in back. He said sure and took the pack to the back. He came out a few minutes later ans said "she" said that if there are anymore of them that they would be on one of the end caps because they are discontinued. I said really? and he said that is what she told him. I told him thanks and walked away. Obviously the woman in back is confused. The Terminator minimates are on an end cap and are probably what she is thinking of. All she needed to do was put a little effort into actually scanning the pack for the employee when he brought it back to her instead of talking out of her ass. Then she would have seen that the Marvel waves are not discontinued. I hate lazy employees!

On a good note, I found the WWII Wolverine/Final Battle Deadpool hidden a couple rows over behind some other action figures and picked that set up. Now I have all the Wolverine movie minimates.

I don't know if this is happening at others' stores, but at my local ones it appears that the leftover Ghostbusters series 2 is mixed in on the Marvel pegs, giving the appearance of fully stocked pegs. It has been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping the current stock level won't affect future distribution. At any rate, I don't expect to see any more Series 4 in these stores.

• 2 weeks later...
Are these still shipping? I really need one but can't find one for anything!

Anybody with TRU's around 'em have any advice?

Here's my take on the TRU stuff:

I keep tabs on three TRUs in my area. Each of them has restocked all of the Marvel waves so far, with the exception of wave 4 (Warpath/Angel), at least twice. All three stores seem to sell through a case in three to four weeks.

I visited one of the stores two weeks ago, and was able to get them to bring out a fresh case on truck day. I was surprised to see it was another case of wave 3 (Bullseye/Moonstone wave) – that particular store's third restock of that wave, and (seemingly) pretty late in the ballgame.

I've also seen a pretty steady number of BE/MS packs – and almost as many Molecule Man/Spider Woman packs – on eBay. In my opinion, they're overpriced, considering the supply.

I've drawn several conclusions from all of this:

• These waves aren't one-shot-and-done deals. There are cases in warehouses, somewhere, being gradually trickled out. Just as wave 3 has kept coming, so will wave 4 .

• The numbers of chase figures track actual demand pretty closely. There's a distribution problem, but there is excess supply (see eBay).

• I think we'll see a fair number of WP/A packs on eBay in the next month or two. Hopefully when those start BIN-warming like previous exclusives, and, eventually, the Swordsman/Surfer pack, the scalpers will start to see they have a pricing incongruity problem.

I know this is cold comfort to people who don't have the packs in hand, but I don't think it's a completely hopeless situation. The exclusives will make their way to market. I know individuals on the board have been able to help others get their hands on these sets and will keep doing it.

---

More evidence of excess supply: I count nine separate people in the Want/Have thread with BE/MS packs in their inventory. That's not a judgment call on people helping people out, just an observation of how many TRU exclusives are currently (and, one assumes, will continue to become) available.

Edited by Lobsterman