UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

I just want to say how GREAT it is that we can get characters like Molecule Man, Electro and a Vault Gaurd. A few years ago, I still wouldn't have thought we'd have some of these guys. It's just so rewarding that DST does give a hoot about what we like and pays attention to it. Yeah, we get some extra Spidey's... but just look at the diverse line-up of characters we've gotten or are going to get soon.

I don't even have these yet and I'm still thankful.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a Warpath/Angel set today. I'm torn about keeping it considering we're likely getting an X-Force Warpath and i won't be buying the X-factor box set.

Yeah . . . yeah . . it sounds to me like you'd be happier sending that little 2-pack to Australia in a big hurry :P

Found a fresh case of TRU Wave 4 at two different stores this past week in Chicagoland (Saturday and Wednesday). Woohoo! As posted earlier, 2 Molecule Man/Spiderwomb and 1 Warpath/Angel per case.

They raised the prices here to $7.49US... and to top it off, Cook County in Chicago has a 10.75% sales tax. Ouchey... but worth it for Minimate goodness...

I pulled an extra Molecule Man / Spiderwoman and added it to my want/have list if anyone is interested.

Found a fresh case of TRU Wave 4 at two different stores this past week in Chicagoland (Saturday and Wednesday). Woohoo! As posted earlier, 2 Molecule Man/ Spiderwomb and 1 Warpath/Angel per case.

They raised the prices here to $7.49US... and to top it off, Cook County in Chicago has a 10.75% sales tax. Ouchey... but worth it for Minimate goodness...

I pulled an extra Molecule Man / Spiderwoman and added it to my want/have list if anyone is interested.

:huh:

Found a fresh case of TRU Wave 4 at two different stores this past week in Chicagoland (Saturday and Wednesday). Woohoo! As posted earlier, 2 Molecule Man/Spiderwomb and 1 Warpath/Angel per case.

One of those stores wouldn't happen to be the Schaumburg one on Golf Road would it...? <_<

I just found a Molecule Man/Spiderwoman set yesterday. Saw more Ultimate IM and Hulk and Electro and Insulated Suit Spidey sets. Alas NO Warpath sets or the Wolverine and Vault Guardsmen. I want to get the new X-Force together.

One of those stores wouldn't happen to be the Schaumburg one on Golf Road would it...? <_<

I can answer that as fliedermaus and I are close friends. yes, and I think the other was the golf mill store

and I can tell you I cleaned out the store in algonquin

Edited by BannersID

STILL no luck at my local TRU. I keep checking back on the days they get new stuff, but still no mates. Iron Man, Cap, and Wolverine (from the last TWO waves) are all peg warming. :confused:

Spiderwomb and 1 Warpath/Angel per case.

:huh:

My affectionate name for her, buttheadsmate... but technically it's "The" Spiderwomb

TENIME_art... try the TRU in Vernon Hills on Townline Road, west of I-94 or the one on North Ave in Melrose Park. They would have been the next stores I would have hit if I hadn't scored already.

I've managed to get this whole wave except Warpath/Angel. No big deal though if I find them I find them. All I really wanted was Electro, Spider Woman, and Molecule Man. The Vault Guard is just gravy. Anyone else think that Spider Woman's hair will work well for a Lara Croft custom?

Last I checked, I had a full peg of BSG series 2, a full peg of GB series 2, and an assorted peg of Wolverine series 1 and Marvel series 2 (just Hulk/Doom, actually).

Resorted to eBay again: got a bid on Angel/Warpath, and did a decently priced Buy Now on Molecule Man/Spider-Woman.

Out of curiosity, how do the managers usually respond when you ask if they have any more in the back? I may ask to see if they're holding cases in hopes that the Hulk/Doom market turns around. Should I bring a machete to bang on the counter?

Out of curiosity, how do the managers usually respond when you ask if they have any more in the back? I may ask to see if they're holding cases in hopes that the Hulk/Doom market turns around. Should I bring a machete to bang on the counter?

Sorry I have never brought this up, but I used to work at TRU when I started college. The blanket excuse you get these days that "we put everything we get out on the shelves" is bull$h!+. There are ALWAYS cases of stuff in the back. Not for every line all the time, but there is always stock in the back even if they get their truck once a week.

When bullseye came out, I called 8 local TRUs and one had bullseye and they held it for me. I knew a board member that needed one so I asked if they could check the back and 20 minutes later I had a 2nd one and an arm full of AIM soldiers.

I usually get the BS comment when i ask some who looks like they dont give a damn about working or talking to people. TRU has a rep for hiring lazy people (insert joke here), and at the risk of pissing off the first person I ask, I always ask someone else nowhere near the first person to see if I get a dupe answer or see if they make the first person go to the back and fetch a case.

Depends which store I am at. At the one in my current town of residence, they don't seem to understand much of what I'm saying. As if I am speaking a foreign language. When it appears that they do understand me (i.e. when I get a reasonably intelligible response related to the question asked), I am greeted by one of two responses, and sometimes a combination of the two: 1) indifference/laziness, clearly indicating no interest of helping me; or 2) confusion/ignorance, indicating that they might possibly be willing to help, but lack the ability to do so. Once in a blue moon, I get a helpful person that knows how to look up an item number, for instance, but not that often. When I call, I'm usually left on hold for 20 minutes until another person picks up the phone, then proceeds to leave me on hold for another 20 minutes; after which I either hang up in exasperation, or the phone is picked up by a 3rd employee, after which I hang up in exasperation.

At the one near my sister's place, they seem to know what they are doing, and are more than happy to search in the back, check the computers, check the shelves themselves, etc.

These people are typically not managers, I don't guess, though the manager at my sister's TRU was very helpful and friendly.

In defense of my local TRU, I've actually gotten a fleet of employees to help me comb the aisles in search of Minimates back when they were first returning to shelves, so there are a few helpful souls working the store.

Regarding the online store...I've been told I'm too critical of them, so I'll probably keep my opinion closely on that front.