UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

I got to TRU today and nada. Plenty of BSG, T2, and Wolvie: Origins 'Mates, though :buttrock:

Felt like deja vu! :blink:

Actually, I was there over a week ago, and it looked like nothing was restocked. Apart from having fewer Marvel Legends 2-packs, the same exact crap was out there.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all mine today-I had been calling the last couple days to see if they came in & the guy who I had dealt with before held them for me when he seen them come in. I tipped him when he found & held my MS/BE pack last time and he knew it was me calling so I guess thats a sure fire way to get them!

I'd rather give a kid who works there $10 bucks than ebay!--- you'd be amazed at how their "customer apprecation" skills sharpen up when theres a little cash involved! ;)

Btw if you guys are looking for moonstone/bullseye, its for sale for $16.99 on toywiz

http://www.toywiz.com/marvelminiexcl.html

Wow, never seen this available anywhere on-line before... $23 shipped? Sounds like ebay, though. But for those with no other options, better than nothing. I think at this point, what's out is out, and there ain't gonna be no more.

okay folks, not trying to jinx anything by being real definite, but assuming everyone can hold their breakfast, I'm going to head down to the TRU to look for wave 4. And if the legends are true and the scalper squad I saw last time really does gather there every morning, I will try to snap some pictures.

Rather find some minimates so I can quit feeling like I'm on here begging for help all the time, but I'll settle for photo evidence of what we're up against here.

okay folks, not trying to jinx anything by being real definite, but assuming everyone can hold their breakfast, I'm going to head down to the TRU to look for wave 4. And if the legends are true and the scalper squad I saw last time really does gather there every morning, I will try to snap some pictures.

Rather find some minimates so I can quit feeling like I'm on here begging for help all the time, but I'll settle for photo evidence of what we're up against here.

You should let them know what douche bags they are for being scalpers. Either that or buy them all coffee and put a laxative in it, then see what their real priorities are. Do the latter and take pictures.

I zone out for a couple weeks thinking nothing was going on in the mini scene and... these hit TRU. Well, I'll go check the usual spots but I would guess I am WAY too late to find the short packs.

Oh well.. I guess I am happy to have my Champions Angel that came to my LCS this week. :)

No minimates. Okay, one WO 2 pack for the whole store.

And no good pictures. Only had my camera phone, and for whatever reason, most folks just sat in their cars. Not saying there wasn't a crowd, but it wasn't nearly as amusing as the donuts and coffee fest of last month. >sigh<

Although if you want some really blurry pictures of grown men sitting in their cars waiting for the store to open, I'll get to posting.

Although if you want some really blurry pictures of grown men sitting in their cars waiting for the store to open, I'll get to posting.

Fortunately, for many here , I don't live in the USA . If I did ,Mirymate would now undoubtedly be posting pictures of me eating doughnuts & drinking coffee with Hulk197 & Karamazov . DocHolliday,Blacksun & Minimadman would be chatting away in the car alongside, giving us 'knowing' looks & generally looking menacing towards Mirymate taking the pictures. ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

I hit up my local TRU this morning, just a little bit after they opened, and no new Marvel mates :( A bunch of stuff is peg warming though <_< Seems like it's been worse since they moved most of the mates to the movie toy isle. There's even GB wave 2 stuff sitting there.

BS

reason for edit: Just saw BHM's post, and yes he is right, and I am laughing my ass off right now :lol:

Edited by blacksun1520

I picked up the Molecule Man/Spider Woman and Angel/Warpath sets on my lunch break.

I was lucky enough to pick up a second set of the Molecule Man/Spider Woman set, and an extra Wolverine Origins BD Wolverine/Gambit as well.

Is anyone willing to trade either of these sets for a WW2 Wolverine/Final Battle Deadpool?

Stupid Pacifc Northwest. I hit four, four TRUs and no sign of the new wave. Not that I've missed them, they just haven't gotten here yet. TRU really needs to figure out their distribution system. On the plus side, plenty of Wolverine Origins clogging the pegs... :rolleyes:

Oh believe me, Doc and BHM, I felt more than little silly snapping pictures, but you folks asked, so I tried. Shame it wasn't as funny as last time. And the store itself was pretty tapped out. Nothing really new anywhere I, or they, looked. Went ahead and snagged the SHS semi/base for my kid.

Now I will say, the Hot Wheels guys were funny. They grabbed a broom from somewhere, and were knocking the unopened cases off the top shelf with it. I was too flabbergasted to snap a picture. I mean talk about acting like you own the place! To the stores' credit, the manager on duty did come scold them about it. And shock and surprise, the manager knew them by name.

I will probably try again next week, schedule permitting. But, truthfully, I hesitate because at that point, I fear becoming one of them. :blush:

Mirymate, I bet those guys all started out just like you. You need to remove yourself from that environment, or you will become what you most hate and fear. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Edited by karamazov80

Lucky lunch break for me! I scored one of each today.. funny to think just 2 hours ago I thought this was a huge long shot. Angel is sweet.. I really like these wings.. it makes me want to replace my hawkman/girl wings and the old metalic angel wings.

Great display figures!

One question, I didn't know much about the gaurd guy and then I read that the armor is based on Stark Tech.. so would it be too far of a stretch to put this with my hall of armor display? War Machine and Iron Spidey are there already.

:batmanblue:

edited to add: Found at Sugerhouse TRU in Salt Lake City. They still had a full assortment when I left.

Edited by The Vox

Iceland can be very cold this time of year but now that I own it....$5 was just a pretentious, egotistical price to pay...Iceland is now the official Minimate capital of the world (per capita). No problem with 'sticky stealth helmets' either in Iceland .....just plunge them into the ice & the end drops off :blink:

One question, I didn't know much about the gaurd guy and then I read that the armor is based on Stark Tech.. so would it be too far of a stretch to put this with my hall of armor display? War Machine and Iron Spidey are there already.

I do remember in the original Armor Wars, Tony felt the need to take out all the Vault Guard armored suits. So, yeah, I guess they count. *waits for Mirymate to correct me*

:batmanblue:

The original Guardsman armor is of Stark design. (take off the WarMac shoulder piece and the Luthor gloves and boots and you have the Guardsman armor) Perfectly appropriate to put it in a hall of armor display.

See Cappy, I didn't correct you. Totally backed you up, man.

And K80... you're right... I don't want to become what I hate... but at the same time... I want those mates... but... I mean... twitch2.gif

Edited by Mirymate

Btw if you guys are looking for moonstone/bullseye, its for sale for $16.99 on toywiz

They also have the Harley Quinn set. I would like some advice from you, the more experienced collectors. Is the Harley Quinn/Joker and Bullseye/Moonstone set worth buying from toywiz? They seem a bit expensive but I don't know where else to get them from as I haven't had much luck on ebay

The first DC Minimates Wave is the most desirable & therefore the most expensive ,it is however not rare. The Joker/ Harley pack is currently worth IMO $25-30 . http://cgi.ebay.com/MINIMATES-DC-THE-JOKER...=item230325ceea .

That auction reflected certain members suspicions as to the sellers credibility .

Moonstone sets are currently fetching less than $15 on ebay( & getting cheaper) & cannot be considered rare at all although I accept that members are struggling to find them outside of ebay.

Found and purchased all but the hulk/IM set today in Fort Wayne, In. Glad they came in, I leave tomorrow for two weeks to a place that has even less mates than the UK.

I'd thought about checking in Indianapolis today, but had thought that they probably wouldn't be in Indiana yet. Thanks for changing all of my plans for this afternoon...

They also have the Harley Quinn set. I would like some advice from you, the more experienced collectors. Is the Harley Quinn/Joker and Bullseye/Moonstone set worth buying from toywiz? They seem a bit expensive but I don't know where else to get them from as I haven't had much luck on ebay

I have never ordered from them, but I believe they're affiliated somehow with Wizard/Toyfare. Definitely do a little research before ordering from ANY online sites. If a company advertises something older as "in stock", and they have a customer service phone number, call and verify before ordering. I know a lot more cases were made of the earlier waves of DC minimates than the later waves (2000 cases series 1; 1200 cases series 8), but the first series had the ones you HAD to have (well, 6 out of 8... OMAC was a flavor of the month, and Star Sapphire was meh)

Another option is this board. I was going through the some of the haves/wants lists, and it seems several have the BE/MS pack, and in some case multiples of it. Maybe one of them can help?

Sorry, to get myself back on track, these JUST started showing up a week ago, and I expect there will be at least one more distribution wave next week or the week after. Except for Ult IM/Hulk, these are going to be pretty popular, and refreshed soon.