UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

That really sux for all of us, but you are just 1 person. Imagine people from every part of the US and the UK. I greatly appreciate your effort but I still have hope......

Not to join Drgnrbrn in raining on you parade, but TRU has a loooooooong history of not giving a flip.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My store still has three or four Hulk & Doom sets, and a small random sampling of the first Wolverine wave. And its remained that way since the first Wolverine wave came out. I don't know if there's a case of wave 4 (or 3 for that matter) waiting for the shelf to clear its colon of these products that won't move, or if that's pretty much it for the Marvel stuff in my area. We've gotten both waves of Ghostbusters and BSG though (first GB sold pretty well, second isn't moving as quickly, first BSG was bought entirely by me, second wasn't bought by anyone). T2 never showed up, despite their computer saying they had a case in the store somewhere. Haven't seen the mini-flyers yet, though I haven't been in a week or so. I can't take the disappointment.

Wow Wave 4 is out already. Definitely want that Angel/Warpath set and the Spiderwoman set since I never got the original Julie Carpenter Spider-Woman. I'll probably get most of the wave except that IM and Hulk set.

Edited by EricM

I hit up two TRUs today in Memphis and Jackson, TN, with no luck on this wave. Both look like they are selling pretty well through T2 and GB, decent on BSG, and wretchedly on Wolverine Origins. Seriously. I saw so many Wolverines today, I feel like my eyes were clawed out.

I picked up both exclusive sets that came out today at TRU. Now are these the only way to get these figures? I just want to make sure Angel, Warpath, Mol. Man and Spider-woman aren't showing up in another wave or box set. I know that Spider-woman was a variant in an earlier wave and I have that one.

I would never find these sets if it wasn't for the ultra-doosh comic book store owner who scalps box store exclusives to sell in his store (with significant markup). That was is the only way I got Bullseye/Moonstone. I'm fairly certain he has someone on the inside at TRU (probably Walmart too) in my neighborhood who gets first crack at these items. His store is filled with product that says, "Walmart Exclusive!", "Target Exclusive!", and "ONLY at Toys R Us!".

Yes, I pay more but I'm resigned to it. I can't sit in front of TRU every morning waiting for it to open.

No sign of these at my local TRU. They had the new Wolvie Movie stuff and a TON of Iron Man/War Machine and Cap/Aim. Lotsa Ghost Busters and BSG including the mini-fliers basically everything but the new stuff :( Theres a TRU close to where I work and Ill check there tomorrow.

I would never find these sets if it wasn't for the ultra-doosh comic book store owner who scalps box store exclusives to sell in his store (with significant markup). That was is the only way I got Bullseye/Moonstone. I'm fairly certain he has someone on the inside at TRU (probably Walmart too) in my neighborhood who gets first crack at these items. His store is filled with product that says, "Walmart Exclusive!", "Target Exclusive!", and "ONLY at Toys R Us!".

Yes, I pay more but I'm resigned to it. I can't sit in front of TRU every morning waiting for it to open.

Wow, I am not the only one that has to deal with a douchebag collectible store owner who does this. I was actually in the store (TRU) one time when his employee was talking to him over the cell phone and telling him what MOTU and Marvel Legends figures to grab. I was tempted to go to his store and bitch him out, but I didn't. I just refuse to buy anything from there anymore except the occasional Citidel Paint when I am running low. Last time I checked he was selling minimates for almost $12 a pack, and that isn't even the variants. Freakin losers!

Finally found some of series 4 at the third T'R'U that I checked. Unfortunately for me they didn't have any Warpath/X-Factor Angels left. I did get the others that I needed and also picked up Wonder Man/Union Jack & Molecule Man/Spider Woman to trade for Warpath/Angel or Bullseye/Moonstone.

Edited by Xequals10

Found a fresh case of wave 4 stocked at my local TRU this morning, but priced at $7.49. Other mates were still $6.99.

I picked up all three of the exclusives, with the extra MM/SW going to a local board member. Funny thing was after I found them, while I was on another aisle looking at some other figures, this guy comes trotting up to me and then turns around and walks off.

My wife asked "What was that about?"

"Oh that's just one of the Hot Wheels scalpers trying to see if I had 'the good ones'."

I hit up two TRUs today in Memphis and Jackson, TN, with no luck on this wave. Both look like they are selling pretty well through T2 and GB, decent on BSG, and wretchedly on Wolverine Origins. Seriously. I saw so many Wolverines today, I feel like my eyes were clawed out.

Hey Turtle

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I went to TRU today (in Memphis) and they had this wave. I did pick up the only Molecule Man/Spider Woman and Angel/Warpath set they had.

Hope it saves you a trip, but I guess they just put them out today.

That is quite a drive from Jonesboro to Memphis (and Jackson even)! Do you travel for work? By the way, I am planning on going to Jackson late tomorrow as I have family up there. Do you want me to stop by the TRU and see if they have them now?

ARRGH! Just my luck. At least a fellow board member was able to snatch up the exclusives. :P

If you don't mind stopping by the Jackson TRU, I would very much appreciate it, 3Dean. I actually live in Memphis, but I really hate having to go out to the Wolfchase area, so that does save me a trip indeed. I have to go to Jackson about once a month for work. (I think it might be Mystery Man that lives in Jonesboro?) I take it you're in Memphis as well?

Edited by Turtle

ARRGH! Just my luck. At least a fellow board member was able to snatch up the exclusives. :P

If you don't mind stopping by the Jackson TRU, I would very much appreciate it, 3Dean. I actually live in Memphis, but I really hate having to go out to the Wolfchase area, so that does save me a trip indeed. I have to go to Jackson about once a month for work. (I think it might be Mystery Man that lives in Jonesboro?) I take it you're in Memphis as well?

I agree with you that Wolfchase is maddening! I work at Walnut Grove and I-240, so it doesn't take long to get to TRU.

Yep, I live in Memphis. Sorry for confusing you. I remember seeing someone from Jonesboro, and for some reason got confused.

I will post here or PM you tomorrow night if I luck out with finding a set. By the way, are you interested in any of the others in this wave or just the 2 TRU exclusives?

Thanks! It's just the exclusives I'm interested in. I really appreciate it.

I work in Raleigh and live near the U of M, so Wolfchase is never really far and it's never really close, but it's always a pain. Thanks again.

If you keep giving money to those "ultra-doosh" scalpers, they'll keep doing what they're doing.

The only way to get them to stop is to make it not worth their trouble.

Absolutely true.

On the other hand, I was in his store and found several variants mis-marked at regular price (the regular versions were marked the variant price tag). I would have told any other comic book store owner about the mistake.

But I didn't. I bought them for regular price. Toy karma is a bitch. :P

Reminds me that I should stop by his store and see if I can get Angel/Warpath. I found Molecule Man/Spiderwoman at TRU but the Angel pack eludes me.

i went in to TRU monday and picked up some BSG minimates and the cashier asked i found everything so i told her i wanted the new marvel minimates.she told me they would be in on wednesday night and to try back thursday morning.well,i went in thursday afternoon and all i found was wolverine/vault guard and spiderman/electro.but it sure was refreshing to find someone at TRU that knew what they were talking about :lol: