UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

I checked a local (30 min. drive) TRU tonite and they had nothing new. I talked to a worker there and he said that they got a shipment in tonite and that there probably are new minimates that would be put out and available tomorrow. I probably have no chance of getting them due to all the scalpers in the Janesville Wi. area though :(

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mention this to Dio .

lol I didn't find anything at my TRU today. I'll just have to get used to getting the current wave months after the release and a week or two before the next one (a member finally helped me get BE/MS recently).

This is me not caring about TRU.

Fate, it seems, is not on my side today. My youngest got sick within a block of his school. So instead of hunting with scalpers, I'm cleaning half digested cereal out of the floor mats. Funny how both activities leave me feeling ill and desiring a shower.

Ah well. Hopefully I'll have better luck next week.

Actually, I think having a sick kid would be a perfect weapon against the scalper.

"Stand back, or my kid's gonna puke on you! That Hot Wheels car isn't going to be quite as mint when it's got vomit on it! No one touches the Minimates, no one gets messy."

And it looks like it's all Northraider's fault.

Yeah, fine. I'll take the blame for this one :lol:

But come on, as long as it's not an NXM Jean reuse, does it really matter? :P

No, it does not. :P (So sure was I that her early art had her hair braided that I googled some variation of "Spider woman braid hair minimate" and your post was the first google result. I couldn't resist.)

Yep, he comes with knives. New sculpts with the pommel guards would have been cool, but hey, we got a new character.

New knives would have been great but I guess a lot to ask for. Anyone have suggestions for proper knives?

found them today. The case pack out was 3x Ironman/Hulk, 3x Spidey/Electro, 3x Wolverine/Vault Guard, 2x Spiderwoman/Molecule man, 1x Angel/Warpath

Thanks for the info. I thought Chuck said they weren't going to pack 1 set per case anymore?

I thought Chuck said they weren't going to pack 1 set per case anymore?

They also said they weren't going to re-release chases. Whachyagonnado, eh?

(to be fair, he said they were going to look closely at case packs for TRU waves and try to avoid 1 pers if possible. Or words to that effect.)

Nervous–

The red is very, very close. The Champs one has maybe 3% more yellow in it, but they're almost a match. I don't think it would be enough to notice from a few feet away. You probably wouldn't see it every single time you walked by your display case, and lay awake at night thinking about how it's almost a perfect match, but it's still that one little bit off, different enough to drive you maaaaaadddd!

I know you of all people wouldn't have that problem. :D

Take that the gap between what "should be" and what is can be very wide indeed.

That said, most of us eventually found/aquired/back ally dealt for/begged until received BE/MS. So consider my negative tone less a panic and more of a sad, resolved sigh.

I doubt it, sadly.

I was hoping we wouldn't have to go through the Bullseye / Moonstone panic again.

There is no way that BE/MS is rare . I thought the last DST Q & A more or less spelt it out....something like even the 'rarest TRU wave' will be more prolific than 'regular waves' ......check it out. I personally feel however that this Black Spider-Woman is a travesty .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm pretty sure Angel/Warpath were 2 per case though. Perhaps someone bought the other one first?

No, there was one case and 12 packs there total. Probably just an error when they packed that box up?

Not an error. They definitely short-packed Angel / Warpath. I got to a case as they were opening. What has been listed here is the actual case assortment.

This makes no sense to me. They should have shorted IM / Hulk OR not shorted any, just had it 2 or 3 of each set in the case.

There is no way that BE/MS is rare . I thought the last DST Q & A more or less spelt it out....something like even the 'rarest TRU wave' will be more prolific than 'regular waves' ......check it out. I personally feel however that this Black Spider-Woman is a travesty .

I agree - BE/MS and Angel/Warpath aren't rare. Just challenging to find at retail.

And Spider-Woman is a travesty with a nicer hair piece that the first one.

By the numbers, a short pack for a TRU wave may still have higher production numbers than a LCS wave, but the problem is where these increased numbers go. With the LCS waves, the shops are mostly ordering based on the requests of their customers, so the cases are going to where they're most requested, meaning less hassle in tracking these things down. With the TRU waves, there's no customer feedback helping them identify what needs to go where, so it comes across like they're just sending them to wherever the hell they feel like. Meaning an isolated collector in some small town is having to keep cases of these moving just to keep new 'mates coming through town, while a heavier collector population is having to feed on a single case in another part of the country. Add to that the fact that scalpers are more likely to operate out of larger retail chains and it makes things even more hectic. North Carolina, for the most part, is a dry state when it comes to Minimate saturation, so most of my purchases come through the internet, through helpful sites like Luke's and Stuckakid's. That TRU seems to go out of their way to ignore the Marvel Minimates on their website is where the real insult to this whole ordeal comes from and where most of our frustration stems, because the only access we have is either through this message board (where most of us are venting frustration over not being able to find them, making the odds of a trade less likely), sites like BBTS (noted for the markup on TRU exclusives that they peddle), and eBay (noted for the huge markups that can sometimes put BBTS to shame).

So, numbers and joy of the hunt aside, making the TRU exclusives even harder to find by limiting them to a single pack per case sucks. Majorly.

There is no way that BE/MS is rare . I thought the last DST Q & A more or less spelt it out....something like even the 'rarest TRU wave' will be more prolific than 'regular waves' ......check it out.

That's a lovely theory, and the actual production numbers may even support it. But out here in retail reality it works out that I have never had a problem locally not finding even a chase figure of a current LCS wave, but have yet to even see a TRU exclusive, or even more than a handful of Marvel minimates period. Lot's of empty pegs though.

Not to make everyone feel worse, but I also can confirm Angel/Warpath as 1 per case. This is based on what I have seen today at 2 separate TRU locations.

What is really sickening, though, is the fact that the set with that horrid looking Hulk gets more case space than Angel/Warpath.

In addition to the fact that that cruddy Hulk and Iron Man were released through Diamond, and are available everywhere online.

However, before people get too upset about this, repeat to yourself, "at least they're not Mattel."

You want to see how to really screw fans with shoddy distribution?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Universe-Classics-W...id=p3286.c0.m14

Yeah, these just came out around a week ago, and based on past (including recent past) behavior by that stupid company, panic has fully ensued.

It could be worse :)

I always try to pick up the rare minimates for others on here. It is just so hard with all the damn scalpers these days. I'm just glad that I found the case of Giant Sized X-men when I did a few years back. I know that helped out a lot of members. I also had a bunch of the black Spiderman set a long time ago.I don't even recall how I came across those. I never have that sort of luck these days though.

Also, on a side note, my friend works third shift at Wal-Mart and he says that there are always a few scalpers lined up in the morning that go running to the toy aisles looking for Hot Wheels and other collectible toys. He said that they are so rude and will just push people aside. He has also caught them opening boxes that he has just brought out on pallets. I told him to start bending the packaging on all the Hot Wheels when he pulls them out and now he does. He said it went from 5-6 scalpers almost every morning to one or two :)

It could be worse :)

Ah the heady combination of Mattel and Wal-Mart... riddiculous.

You're right, it could be worse.

It could be Mattel and Target. scared.gif