jboogie

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry mates..been real busy with work, the holidays and a newborn these past couple of months.But I did manage to finish one for the New Year.

Uatu The Watcher

post-2890-0-03258200-1325551800_thumb.jppost-2890-0-21157500-1325552044_thumb.jppost-2890-0-50530000-1325552167_thumb.jppost-2890-0-28285500-1325552394_thumb.jp

I was inpired by Boyd's and Lukes version of him and pretty much copied the same recipe with the 3" head and the 2.5" body.I used a skirt and cape from a LOTR Boromir.His cape was also combined with Mephistos for the flared look and the high collar.There was some apoxie scult, dremeling and a lot of sanding to make the pieces blend together.Decals were made for the face, chest and skirt.I can't hand paint worth a crap so I mainly use Tamiya spray paint for coloring.

post-2890-0-17017800-1325552418_thumb.jppost-2890-0-83559600-1325552437_thumb.jp

Cheers mates and Happy New Years!

Thanks jcastick, boyd and MINI_MYTE.

WOW! Uatu is awesome! If you plan to sell him, please PM me. I would like him for some minibar shenanigans.

I'm not willing to sell him...but I could send him to you for a photoshoot.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Uatu is awesome! If you plan to sell him, please PM me. I would like him for some minibar shenanigans.

Any chance I could commission one?

First of all, the Forge custom is really good mate, any chance you could share with us the recipe for him?

It doesn't look like he'll be released as an official Mate any time soon.

Any request on who to do next?

I'd go with whatever your heart is interested in at the moment, it seems like you have a great talent for producing customs of figures/characters not yet released.

I scanned through the X-Men characters yesterday, out of the 3 not made you've already done Forge. :)

The other two were Banshee & Longshot.

2129327193_f3a314de4d.jpg

2536253380_84ee04fa68.jpg

I'd like to see you do Baron Von Strucker, kinda like the ML version but obviously shrunken down to Minimate scale.

2217868468_8f35021c51.jpg

Finally, very well done on your customs, I can only hope that when i eventually make a start on mine that if they look anything close to the same kind of quality i'll be pleased.

In friendship

Rich

Any chance I could commission one?

I'm just to swamped with a new baby and work right now MINI_MYTE, I just don't have enough time in the day to do any commissions at the time.Srry about that.

Urbon Saboteur thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you like my customs.All you listed are on my to do list.

Cable is made from:

Hair-is from Retro Cable

Face-is a decal

Body-top is black with painted Halo Kat armor

Arms-Left is GSX colossus Right hand has a Resistance Nathan Hale knife

Belt-Iron Man Wave 2 Black Widow

Legs-Bottom half is from War Machine

Cable is made from:

Hair-is from Retro Cable

Face-is a decal

Body-top is black with painted Halo Kat armor

Arms-Left is GSX colossus Right hand has a Resistance Nathan Hale knife

Belt-Iron Man Wave 2 Black Widow

Legs-Bottom half is from War Machine

Hey,

thanks for that, but i was wondering if you could share the recipe for Forge? :)

Unless that is the recipe for him and the character 'cable' was a typo? :unsure:

Please let me know, as I recently posted the Forge custom on facebook to show my friend and i'd really like to make this character at some point.

Thanks for your time.

Rich

post-2890-0-85471300-1327688456_thumb.jppost-2890-0-64804900-1327688471_thumb.jp

Kang The Conqueror is made from a painted minimate with decals for face, body and skirt and a clear decal for the legs.Modified Helmet is from a doombot.

Bought a new Epson printer but the colors don't look as good and don't stick on the paper as well as my old Canon.So he's probably in for a redo.

Edited by jboogie