UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Smallville Season 10

Twisted Two-Face

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be a Suicide Squad reference with Waller showing up? I hope so.

My guess is she'll show up and play the "we know all your secrets, so shut up and do what we tell you when we tell you." card.

And the Wonder Twins episode was fun. Especially the Gleek cameo. (

And the glasses, thank God they finally got around to the glasses

) Of course, as my lovely and gracious wife said, if the did a Wonder Twins episode and it wasn't fun, then they (as a show) were really in trouble.

Kandor was neat, but I'm not entirely digging the

Kryptonian clones

subplot. It took 7 episodes to get some answers on it and it has still barely scratched the surface of being interesting. I really enjoyed the flashbacks, though. It's also the only thing that really seems to keep Tess' character teathered to the show at all.

I've never liked her much either. Something about her character just speaks "Stand in for Rosenbaum" to me. They need a filler antagonist, but her character really has nothing to lose. Once she's off the show, I doubt she'll have left a lasting impression. Teagues family, anyone?

Anyways, Idol is probably the best episode so far this season. I loved the way they transitioned the Wonder Twins into the series. They're characters I wouldn't mind seeing more of.

Edited by Nekoi

Unfortunately Tess is supposed to be Mercy from STAS, but she just hasn't lived up to that character since showing up in Smallville. She is definitely supposed to be filling the shoes of Lex, but is doing a pretty bad job of it. Lex had his mishaps, I just think he cleaned things up a bit better. I'm a few weeks behind, like I am on most shows. Spent the better part of the day catching up on the shows downstairs.

There's a pretty cool interview at the TV Guide website, showing off the Hawkman costume.

Wings are a little on the small side for me, but overall I really like the costume. Can't wait to see Fate.

I agree that the wing size seems fairly small. He looks pretty cool, though. :)

Just saw latest episode: Pandora. Very very cool and dramatic (though I just probably love Smallville too much), obviously taking another landmark episode in the season story-line.

I just loove the bit when

Ollie appeared again. And around the middle when Chloe, Ollie and the Merry Men jumped down from the ceiling of Luthor Mansion-- awesomeness.

:)

The episode was about the future and the main character was Lois,

during her 3 weeks in the future with the Legion Ring.

So it really made me feel the tension rising in the season.

Another thing was the cliff-hanger. Very epic.

Looks like Clark noticed his mistake in the future for denying Zod, so he's going to join him instead. You know what they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

;)

I hate smallville, but yall might like to know that on Black Friday Best Buy will have seasons 1-8 on sale for $10 each

Methinks Target has them OWNED! I think it's $9 there. So it all depends on which line you want to stand in. If there's any extra incentive to plan ahead for you fellow Black Fridayers, the ads for all major stores have been released.

Pandora was pretty cool. Not sure exactly how they figured out the whole

Red/Yellow sun

thing, but I assume we'll get to that. Strong season so far. Hope remains high that we won't see the drop off we saw in the second half of last season.

The trailer at the end was six kinds of cool. So looking forwrd to the JSA "movie".

Pandora was pretty cool. Not sure exactly how they figured out the whole

Red/Yellow sun

thing, but I assume we'll get to that. Strong season so far. Hope remains high that we won't see the drop off we saw in the second half of last season.

The trailer at the end was six kinds of cool. So looking forward to the JSA "movie".

I have been a faithful Smallville watcher up until the last few seasons....the word on the street for last year was that half way through the season they cut the FX budget which kinda hampered the rest of the season.....and the finale was supposed to be a 2 hour slobber knocker with Doomsday but that got cut and compressed to the one hour snore it was

so far I have been pretty happy with what I have seen this season...really looking forward to the JSA movie...I love the takes on other heroes so far

Jeff of the Miniacs

Not sure exactly how they figured out the whole

Red/Yellow sun

thing, but I assume we'll get to that.

The

Red/Yellow sun thing

was figured out by

Tess/Zod's solar tower project in the previous episode with the bouncy stuff going back to Luthor satellites, and jumping back down...

messy science, but if you listened in the episode, Zod explained it.

Forgot to say

Chloe was very cool too, a lot more bad@$$ than in the present

Been spending the better part of the day catching up with shows, mostly Smallville. Just finished up with the Jor El episode, very interesting. Things are definitely getting a bit better and moving things in a better direction. Not sure if I'll make a BF run to any stores, I'm not that behind on seasons.

The

Red/Yellow sun thing

was figured out by

Tess/Zod's solar tower project in the previous episode with the bouncy stuff going back to Luthor satellites, and jumping back down...

messy science, but if you listened in the episode, Zod explained it.

No, no, you don't understand. I get how the

solar tower

worked. I meant how did they figure out that

they'd be powered under their native red sun instead of the yellow.

And while I like Smallville a lot, it's not a series I envision wanting to watch enough own DVD's of. Farscape, Next Gen, and Buffy. That's the extent of TV series I wanted to own. (Cartoons not withstanding)

Red/Yellow sun

This whole season has been an alternate timeline to the future Lois encountered, so I just assumed that in the original timeline

cloney Jor-El told Zod about the red/yellow switch before he died.

I was more confused by how

that Kandorian woman still had her powers after the sun switched back -- she "wooshed" onto the scene and then clearly super-sped up to Lois, and still had her powers in the yellow-sun past too. Even though we'd just seen Zod get immediately de-powered by the disappearance of the red sun.

I know Smallville's never light on the plot holes, but that seems like a biggie...

Red/Yellow sun

This whole season has been an alternate timeline to the future Lois encountered, so I just assumed that in the original timeline

cloney Jor-El told Zod about the red/yellow switch before he died.

that Kandorian woman still had her powers after the sun switched back -- she "wooshed" onto the scene and then clearly super-sped up to Lois, and still had her powers in the yellow-sun past too. Even though we'd just seen Zod get immediately de-powered by the disappearance of the red sun.

I know Smallville's never light on the plot holes, but that seems like a biggie...

Well maybe

she isn't Kandorian?? That'd be neat.

I don't think we're done with her or that plotline yet. I suspect it'll jump back in after Absolute Justice.

Which i am beyond excited for; Alan Scott's ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well maybe

she isn't Kandorian?? That'd be neat.

I don't think we're done with her or that plotline yet. I suspect it'll jump back in after Absolute Justice.

Which i am beyond excited for; Alan Scott's ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well did Zod

's powers immediately fade, or was he just not using them

? Was ninja girl

running "on batteries" or did the time jump effect her powers

? No the scenes and "science" here are not at all clear.

And sadly, given that the JSA is no longer when AJ stars,

does his absence mean he's dead

?

Well did Zod

's powers immediately fade, or was he just not using them

? Was ninja girl

running "on batteries" or did the time jump effect her powers

? No the scenes and "science" here are not at all clear.

Unless I missed something (I may well have):

Sun went yellow, Clark was suddenly all better from being tossed through a building, Zod was suddenly the one being tossed around, and Zod had no reaction to the Kryptonite knife he whipped out... Ninja girl, meanwhile, displayed at least superspeed

before the time jump.

But as TT-F suggested, maybe there's more to her character. Or maybe the Smallville writers just hadn't worked out the logistics for the whole future scenario yet when they showed her fully powered in the premiere, and figured no one would care... which I don't really, I just found it weird. :P

On a completely different note, I'm pleasantly surprised they've gone as far as they have with the Clark/Lois relationship this season... Given DC's weird constraints on the show (ie. "Jimmy has to die because he's way younger in the comics," even though absolutely nothing else about Smallville lines up with the comics), I never expected them to be allowed to go beyond bickering/flirting. And after so many years of Clark melodrama, it's nice to have them handle it with some humor too.

I look at those pistures and all I can think is... costumes... people in acctual costumes.

No sunglasses, no tee shirts, no hoodies.

Real superhero costumes.

kinda brings a tear to an old monkey-man's eye.