UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T2 series 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like a lot of people come in here anyway.

Poor attitude my friend. If a member of site staff ask you not to do something it's a good idea to listen. I've deleted your post as it's taking up an outrageous amount of the sites bandwidth.

Consider this a friendly warning.

Santa came through this year and I got all of Series 2 in my stocking. A quick review:

Combat T-800 is without a doubt my least favorite of the six figures, mainly because he's such a pointless retread of Assault Gear T-800 (which was pretty similar to Biker T-800. Hmmmmm.....). Though since DST blew almost every possible Arnie variant in Series 1, they had to put some sort of Terminator figure in Series 2. Still, I would have liked for variety's sake a bullet-riddled jacket or some battle damage tampo on his leg (in case I ever want to replace the lava legs on the BD Arnie)

Young John Conner is very nicely done. His likeness is simple and yet instantly recognizable. The scale is off, but I should be used to inconsistencies in scale in my block figures by now. A must have and worth they lame Arnie variant.

Battle Damaged Sarah Conner was not a figure I was really looking forward to since I already had the SWAT Sarah, but this figure has grown on me. I think it's the angry face and wild hair that makes her so much better for action posing on my shelf.

Motorcycle Cop T-1000 was much more anticipated since I did not have the Liquid Cop. Whoever said the stylized look made them think of Cartman was dead on. The battle-damaged torso under the jacket was a nice touch, now I have three cop torsos to mix amongst my T-1000 figures. Very nice!

Inmate Sarah Conner is kinda bland, but no less accurate. I do wish her face wasn't so damn angry so she doesn't look like she wants to murder Kyle (who she is currently posed with).

Asylum Assault T-1000 gives us the last of the possible battle damaged parts we will ever need for a T-1000 figure. The exploded head might just be the best accessory of the wave. The normal head's likeness isn't great, but given how un-cylinder Robert Patrick's head is, I have a feeling this is the best DST will ever do.

Nitpicking aside, this was a great way to end the T2 line. I eagerly await what movie property DST picks up next *cough*Alien*cough*

So, the only ones that got released from wave 2 were BD Sarah, John and AA Sarah packs? Wasn't there something else that we're missing?

Yeah, if Wave 2 had been shipped to Toys R Us, there would have been a BD Endoskeleton and Liquid T-1000 in lieu of the AA T-1000 and Inmate Sarah pack. (The BD Endo was released in the single pack assortment though)

For your consideration, the Terminator Salvation Deluxe Harvester:

DeluxeHarvester.jpg

I know it's not T2, but it IS part of the Terminator universe, and looks very good next to the minimates. Also, the Hunter Killer from the same toyline isn't bad either, but you need to get a stand if you want to put it on display.

Edited by Cowblaster

The Hunter Killerfrom the same toyline isn't bad either, but you need to get a stand if you want to put it on display.

Well, there is an official Hunter Killer coming but it's the Hunter Killer Tank.

DC72851lg.jpg

Just when I thought the line ended. I'm getting a bunch of them. Not for the tank but for the Human Resistance Tech Com Soldier. There's also a Toys R Us exclusive "clean" Hunter Killer Tank with an Endo.

Since they're still pumping these T2 minimates out maybe Dr. Silberman and Liquid Metal T-1000 aren't far off after all.

Edited by DiFabio

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow these slipped under my radar & I found myself struggling to get hold of them.... but BBTS had them & they were the last item I added to my pile of loot before I asked BBTS to 'ship'.

Double-edged sword ...........many of the packets which were all packed 'loose'..... despite my insistence on a factory case ....were beat to hell so I opened them .....what's the point of admiring 'crushed to f**k' packages ??

A stunning set of Minimates .....why T2 'didn't really happen' is a bit of a mystery to me in many ways & I'd like to thank whoever jumped on my packages for their help in realising this.

Sarcasm aside ,I can't understand the lack of love for these.

I totally agree. The T2 stuff is one of the rare times that I wasn't wild for some of the prototypes but ended up really liking them. The SWAT guys are by far my favorite army builder that has been released. I was hoping to see the 2nd TRU wave but I guess it's not in the cards.

I do believe T2 Minimates suffered due to the failure of the movie. That and an incredible flood of unwanted T2 toys in the stores, most of which were pure crap. So this excellent little line suffered by association. They really are great science fiction 'Mates; even the "civilians" carry a lot of potential and detail.

I agree that the under-performing Terminator Salvation probably undermined this line. It was expected to be a big movie, based on the sheer amount of merchandise it produced, none of which I ever saw move at my local store. Oddly enough, the computer at my TRU showed them having a case of the first assortment of the T2 stuff, but it never made it onto a shelf and none of the employees could "find" it. Coulda been a computer error or just lack of initiative on the part of the staff.

As far as the line itself is concerned, I'm not overly bothered by the end, since it looked like we were nearing it anyway. At best, we could have churned out one more assortment before we started hitting on too insignificant a difference to matter for some of the characters. Sarah was the only one who really changed clothes in the movie, and there was only so much damage they could do to Arnold and the T-1000 before it got stale. As for characters we missed, there's the doctor, Dyson's and John's families, and then a bunch of nameless saps who either died or ran away throughout the movie.

As for characters we missed, there's the doctor, Dyson's and John's families, and then a bunch of nameless saps who either died or ran away throughout the movie.

There could have been the Psych Ward Orderly troop builder.

Too bad the license didn't include the other movies. That would have fleshed it out some.

Double-edged sword ...........many of the packets which were all packed 'loose'..... despite my insistence on a factory case ....were beat to hell so I opened them .....what's the point of admiring 'crushed to f**k' packages ??

BBTS did have them listed as "substandard," did they not? That's usually how they list stuff so MIB collectors know that the packaging is less than ideal. In my experience it seems to be their catch-all term to describe anything from "a little dinged-up" to "crushed to f**k."

All that aside, I should be receiving my set from BBTS tomorrow. I have a fun little custom planned for the motorcycle cop T-1000, so I'm probably going to have to track another one down, eventually.

I, too, thought this was a very nice line with lots of accessories and some really cool figures with multiple configurations. I would not have minded another series or a couple more 4-packs.

Haven't seen these up yet just got them from Sci Fi Genre T2 series 2 all but the TRU exclusive (ugh). Pics attached... Not good ones, but they are attached. :P

post-99-1265930892_thumb.jpg post-99-1265930929_thumb.jpg

post-99-1265930907_thumb.jpg post-99-1265931032_thumb.jpg

post-99-1265930916_thumb.jpg post-99-1265930924_thumb.jpg

Okay, so, if I got these 3 packs, I'm not missing any, then? The other 2 'Mates on the back of the packaging aren't coming out?

Okay, so, if I got these 3 packs, I'm not missing any, then? The other 2 'Mates on the back of the packaging aren't coming out?

Yeah, that was the TRU exclusive pack that was supposed to be included in their wave. As far as anyone knows, it's cancelled indefinitely.

For your consideration, the Terminator Salvation Deluxe Harvester:

DeluxeHarvester.jpg

I know it's not T2, but it IS part of the Terminator universe, and looks very good next to the minimates. Also, the Hunter Killer from the same toyline isn't bad either, but you need to get a stand if you want to put it on display.

Where did you get that?! I thought they got canned!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro post, but I wanted to ask a question after looking at the back of the AA T-1000 box, however:

Yeah, if Wave 2 had been shipped to Toys R Us, there would have been a BD Endoskeleton and Liquid T-1000...

So, this may sound a bit stupid but I'm correct in thinking we never got the non-cop Liquid T-1000 from the back of the wave 2 pack? T-1000 is easily my favourite Terminator character so I want to ensure I get all of them.

• 5 months later...
FYI, as of this posting, CornerStoreComics.com has 6 sets of T2 Series 2 in stock for $18.99 each.

One of the few, if not only, places online to still get the entire set of Series 2. :thumbsup:

Not no more, they don't!

As Shakespeare once said, "those that slumbereth past the hour of action, yay, it is they that gaineth not the prize"