UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mates are out:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were in the figures section. These were placed on pegs next to the other AA Speed Figures.

Thanks JL. I was just at a TRU on Saturday and didn't see these. However, I wanted to make sure because I missed a few days on the Avengers 2 DVD since I was looking in the figures section (where Darktide is) and they had them in the DVD section only. Go figure...

YES SIR!!

I'm glad to report that I found these little guys here in Arlington, TX today. They were in the Action Figure section, close to the Dragon Ball Z and One Piece stuff. I picked up just 1 of each right now. But, when I get paid again I'll get at least another 1 or 2. I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I'll take some nice, detailed shots of these guys and post them here. Oh yeah, they were $7.99 here as well.

Anyway, I was pretty dang excited. I also picked up Mack from "Cars" while I was there so it was a good trip :). neo

I check yesterday and today No minimates only diecast (rrrrrrrrrr :angry: )

it sounds like they are hitting the east coast first and moving west, is that true?

are these only at TRU or will they be other places too?

TRU and Specialty/Comic Shops. Specialty/Comic Shops will get them later.

God knows how they are being distributed, looks like Mid Westerners got them first this time.

Sorry for the delay. I just got home from here. So, here are some pics I took tonight:

IM001628.JPG

*I feel the Need........the NEED for SPEED!!

IM001629.JPG

*Gentlemen, Start your engines!!!!!

IM001630.JPG

*Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're off!

IM001626.JPG

*Speed (Front)

IM001631.JPG

*Speed (Back)

IM001627.JPG

*Racer X (Front)

IM001632.JPG

*Racer X (Back)

IM001633.JPG

*Some Good Old Fashioned Matefoolery!

Hope you guys enjoy. I really love these mates. It really makes me HOPE that AA pursues more small Vehicle lines in the future. If there is anything not shown that you want to see, let me know. neo

Well if it is anything like the TRU here in Pittsburgh, these will probably not come in at all.....or they will take forever.......

not too much interest in these for me though.....never watched the show so I don't know much about them, i'll have to pass on these.

It is cool that new stuff IS coming out though!

Great pics, especially the last one :) .

I wasn't too bothered about these when they were announced, but i think with the current minimate drought i'll have to try and get hold of these.

Anyone know if they'll be available in UK TRUs?

I don't think Speed Racer has any presence in the UK, so I'd say no.

The UK TRU chain very rarely gets any Minimate stuff in - they got C3 along with the other major stores like Woolies, I think the Mini Flyers were the only "exclusive" thing they have ever had.

There's no Speed Racer minimates in Greenville, nor any Speed Racer anything for that matter. I was never a fan of the old show, nor does the new one have any appeal on me, but I still wanted to do my part as a minimate addict and try and support the line, but if they can't get the product to me, then I doubt Spider-Man will be racing Wolverine in the Mach 5 anytime soon.

God knows how they are being distributed, looks like Mid Westerners got them first this time.

Except for Missouri and Kansas. We don't even have the die-cast yet. Maybe in a week or so. I still can't believe that these are hitting all around me, but not here. TRU has been pretty pathetic this summer (better luck with my collections at Target lately); hopefully they get their "stuff" together by Fall/Winter(especially when BSG starts hitting). I'd personally prefer for Target to "exclusively" carry MMs in the future as there are more of them and they are far-more reliable than TRU(aka:Toy Releases Uncertain or Totally Ridiculous and Unorganized). That, and they actually seem to be selling well in Target lately (at least in my area).

I got mine today! Only problem is that my Racer X has some crappy paint apps. Not only are his boots blurry but his gloves have started chipping. Man that sucks. Guess I'm gonna have to buy another one. Aww well. Oh and Speed Racer needs his helmet. Weird they didn't include one. Nice hair piece though.

I got 'em. The Racer X paint apps are horrendous. I looked through about 10 before I found a couple decent enought to warrant buying. I agree that Speed needs his helmet. It's odd that they didn't include one. Guess I'll have to make my own...

Totally unimpressed with these.

Both mates look like cheap customs, whith absolutely no new pieces and shoddy paint aps.

The vehicles look sub Burker King toy quality, the mates cant "drive" the vehicles properly and the steering wheel is out of scale and too far left.

If this (and kelloggs) is the future of Minimates then count me out.