UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mates are out:

As per http://artasylum.com/forum/index.php?topic...msg3386#msg3386

I found the Speed Racer mini-mates just last night at the TRU where I live(Downers Grove,IL), they were in the action figure section. I ordered these for the comic store that I manage, but they were SO Lips sealed COOL that I bought them at TRU!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are out! :D Sadly my dig cam is broken and have to get a new one. These horrid pics were taken from a phone camera, but it's proof.

img049oj3.th.jpgimg052xv0.th.jpg

Somehow getting this many, still doesn't fill my fix.

img046ph5.th.jpg

Racer X's paint apps by the feet is sloppy but eveything else looks okay, he looks a little cheap. Speed looks better of course and clean.

Hell yeah!!! Finallly something new. I'm going tomorrow, but first I gotta ask my g/f if they got them. 7.99 isn't that bad either. YAY :lol:

What hairpiece does the good guy have? Is it a reuse?

Sorry to disappoint but it’s a reuse of Mr. Fantastic’s/Reed Richard’s hair piece, but in Black. :( Looks cleaner than the Brown/Grey one.

P.S.

Thank you for the MMC RSS Feed :)

Makes sense that it's a reuse. At least it's not the Juggernaut hairpiece again - that's been used almost as much as the NXM Jean Grey hair!

And as for the RSS feed, don't thank me, thank Ady. It's all his work behind it :)

Yay, yay!

Day after day, I've been staring at my John Stewart minimate, because he's the closest thing to fresh new fix I've got.

Now I can go out and get the real deal! Can't wait to see how various mates will look zooming around in the Mach 5.

Nothing down this way. I went tonight, and all that TRU had was the diecast cars with the preposed figures... I was almost excited until I realized it wasn't the Minimates... I'll check back later this week. My TRU usually gets their trucks on Wednesdays, and have everything put out by Thursday...