UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Marty that comes in both sets along with biff and Needles (who I'm oddly really excited about) I however don't want yet another Delorean, but I understand why it's being released since apparently not everyone got it the first time around.

So I was sitting here wondering what I was going to do with a duplicate Delorean because I'd like to get the Marty that comes with the re-issue. Well it hit me, someone with a 3D printer needs to make up some 1955 circuit board/box pieces that we can glue to the hoods of our duplicate Deloreans

I wish we were getting a 1985 Lorraine to go with these. I don't know who I'd replace from that set, mind you, to get her. I just wish we were.

Agreed, seems like a missed opportunity if they're doing a 1985 George. Maybe another future 1985 box set? I'm having trouble coming up with another Marty they haven't done already though, and I know the hero likely needs to be in every set. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a Huey Lewis minimate sometime. Or a "mom, you're so... big!" Lorraine from Biffworld 1985. laugh.png

I suspect we'll get another BTTF 3 Marty before all is said and done, and it would also make some sense to revisit 1955 Doc, since both of those are pretty important looks that haven't been released in years. 3-D would be an excellent Needles-type, minor character addition to another box set.

Ack, 30 years to prepare and we're missing the anniversary year!? ohmy.png I'm very excited, I figured the BTTF Minimates era was over, never thought I'd get another George McFly and indentured servant Biff.

The blurb about the Delorean says it comes with an all new Marty...what's new about it? Is it a super tiny thing that I'm not seeing?

Well, this set hits in 2016, but the first 30th anniversary set hits in November, which is almost right on time for the actual movie dates. When you solicit them to retailers is often as important as when you release them.

And the figure is slightly different, plus it comes with a skateboard.

New:

1431664878585492008.png

Old:

fig1025flg.jpg

The slightly more appropriate comparison is this, though the shirt, face, and shoe tampos are more or less the same:

Z72lMY5.jpg

Looks like a new face, shirt, and sleeves tampo (some of the shirt is printed on his pants). Looks like the hair and vest may be the same sculpt. This figure did also come with a skateboard (it was from the first 4-pack).

HzhOSoH.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Eh, sounds like semantics at this point. I assumed the press release/news article meant the Marty would be different from the one that last came with the car, which it is significantly different as in more detailed paint apps on many of the parts. It appears it's also slightly different from the box set one in that it has a different colored (and possibly different mold altogether) skateboard, the colors are a little different on the outfit, the face is different and we have an untucked shirt tampo on the waist piece