UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can go Back to the Future again but we can't give Netflix's Daredevil a shot because... why was that?

30 years of fan adulation and a proven sales record? Anniversary publicity and exposure? DVD availability? An existing licensing agreement?

Star Trek?

Zach, is that confirmation that Marvel TV requires a separate license from the Movie/Comic license?

It does require an amendment, as I understand it. Maybe things are a little more complicated with DST. It's not something that's included under the general Marvel Comics umbrella so it would require an additional annual guarantee. That said, it's no different with movies. (Again, in my experience.)

So we can go Back to the Future again but we can't give Netflix's Daredevil a shot because... why was that?

30 years of fan adulation and a proven sales record? Anniversary publicity and exposure? DVD availability? An existing licensing agreement?

Star Trek?

Lmao thank you, I was just about to post that.

Damn, I just bought the original version of that Marty a few days ago laugh.png Cool set, I'll get it even though BTTF 2 isn't something I really love.

I think the original's meant to be actual Marty though (at least he looks that way... no hat, no extra sleeve, hoverboard). This one's his son, so really it's a totally different character! At least that's what I'd tell myself if I just bought him smile.png

I don't love the second movie either, but I do love the first ten minutes or whatever, basically everything through the end of the hoverboard chase, so I'll pick this up for those two mates, they look great.

And I know they're just saving that regular '55 George for the amazing 35th anniversary set...

JeffBohn, you beautiful bastard, where are finding these amazing reveals!

BBTS emailed preorder notice this morning

Yep, I knew Diamond was releasing the solicits today as well, BBTS just had them first. It's like getting a christmas catalog every month.

Star Trek?

Lmao thank you, I was just about to post that.

Yes, Star Trek has all those things, as well. So we'll probably make more Star Trek Minimates before Daredevil Minimates, also.

Zach, can you confirm whether or not the Mattel hoverboard will be included in this set? The character doesn't use it, but assuming Marty, Jr. comes with an extra hand, its inclusion would allow collectors to treat this as a 2-in-1 of Marty or Marty, Jr. And the mold was already made for the first BTTF2 box set.

Edited by karamazov80

This is amazing! Sets? Heck yeah! I've been excited to see what sets might be coming our way after Chuck's answer.. biggrin.png I truly can not wait to get my hands on these babies.. Very curious on what accessories we may get..any and all are welcome honestly.. The phone glasses would be great with these..Thank you DST!

Edited by TimeTraveler

Zach, can you confirm whether or not the Mattel hoverboard will be included in this set? The character doesn't use it, but assuming Marty, Jr. comes with an extra hand, its inclusion would allow collectors to treat this as a 2-in-1 of Marty or Marty, Jr. And the mold was already made for the first BTTF2 box set.

He should come with a hoverboard. And an alternate 1985 Marty head and spare hand will make the figure work as an in-disguise Marty. At least, that's the plan.

No phone glasses.

He should come with a hoverboard. And an alternate 1985 Marty head and spare hand will make the figure work as an in-disguise Marty. At least, that's the plan.

Awesome. Thanks!

These look cool, however, I missed the boat on these, and they are too much on the secondary market for me to consider adding bttf minis to my 'lection

I don't know if you saw a few posts back, but we're getting a new set that hasn't been released yet:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC12366&mode=retail

Yes! New set! First of several!

I think the new sets will be enough of a mix of the main characters and secondary characters that you could just pick up the new sets and build as extensive a collection as what we offered on the first go-round. We plan to cover all the time shifts. It's not like you need to have the original figures to enjoy these releases.

But, obviously, we aren't re-making everybody we made the first time, so if you're a completist then that's a different story. But I recently found out that backtothefuture.com has a bunch of the old sets for SRP.

Edited by DSTZach

Yeah, even regular-ish Marty is available for near retail if you don't mind slightly different paint decos:

http://www.bttf.net/Back_to_the_Future_Minimates_DeLorean_Time_Machine_p/72791.htm

I own just about all the BTTF figures released thus far (only one I know I'm missing is Jennifer, who I need to track down. . .), and I wouldn't mind getting a re-release of some of the heavy hitters Zach. Particularly the iconic Marty and Doc looks from the mall in part 1. That first Marty is the most important figure from the license, and I would hate to think that some may be put off to buying him because of inflated secondary market prices. And while you can get Radiation suit Doc Brown for a fair price, his head wasn't done very well IMO, and could use an improved re-release. The first Doc from the first box set's head was perfect!

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...

No, but there will be a new 1885 set with new characters.

I'm gonna take a stab and say the set will contain at least two of the following at the very least.

tumblr_lmjxzgFMsB1qkfnoao1_500.jpg

0026cd85_medium.jpeg

clara.jpg
Doc_Brown.jpg
Edited by MINI_MYTE

So having never gotten the first 2015 Marty Hoverboard, can anyone tell me if it's just flat underneath or does it have a hole to plug in a flight stand like the last Silver Surfer's board?

I'm assuming flat, due to the age, but I'm hoping both of the boards in the new set will have flight stand capabilities

That was before such a hole would have been inserted into an accessory. It does have a foot peg, though. And I'm sure it would be easy enough to dremel a little hole into the bottom if you were so inclined.

• 3 weeks later...