UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Are there any plans for a 30th anniversary set this year? 2015 is also the year Marty and Doc go to the future in Back to the future 2. Would be a great time to release the Griff minimate along with his bat and hover board. Truly hoping for a new set this year!

Edited by TimeTraveler

We could really use an updated radiation suit Doc. That last version waa pretty weak in terms of the head and hair choices in my opinion. The 1950s Doc from the first box set was so good, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure we never got Calvin Kline in his purple undies.

I really just want a regular George McFly, but he's probably got the same odds of showing up as Janine did for the Ghostbusters anniversary last year. With all the animal accessories lately maybe we'll get an Einstein (or Copernicus) though, that'd be a nice addition.

copernicus.gif

So many characters I'd love to see made still, I'd buy all them! Griff has the most potential, as he would make a great minimate with his look and accessories. (Assuming he came with pit bull and extendable bat) An upside down George from the future, packaged upside down. (Not sure if that's been done before.) Griff's gang... "Hey McFly you bojo, hoverboards don't work on water." ... "Unless you got POWAH! Hahahah." Michael Jackson & Max Headroom video waiters from cafe 80s. A Marty Jr (with rainbow cap and them phone glasses) possibly with an updated Marty look. An older Lorraine from the future. A Needles (Flea)... A Marlene McFly. Some accessories like Pepsi bottle, 2015 News paper (Possibly fading or two separate papers) Sports almanac bag, You're fired paper, hydrator with mini pizza "Boy, oh boy, Mom, you sure know how to hydrate a pizza."
I added those first as it's 2015 and it would just plain fun to have some Back to the future II sets come out this year. Really hoping for a 30th anniversary set!!

b1d95a9341a460d95104732feb4b9e0abff3db3f

Some others like Biff's 50s gang, Cafe Goldie Wilson (With mop) Auto detailing Biff from the 80s, George and Lorraine from the 80s (Could have before and after heads.. before Marty leave to the past and after he returns) A Marvin Barry. A drunken Lorraine from alternate 85. I'd also really love a box set to come with a yellow case of plutonium with some plutonium tubes to go inside. I have so many more I want made, but my list is getting quite long already lol... Here's to hoping we get some new Back to the future minimates this year!

Edited by TimeTraveler

I didn't particularly care much for the LEGO delorean so I left it in the box. It's too...blocky for my taste.

It's seriously like whoever designed it had never seen a Lego car before, because the hood is stepped instead of smooth, and there's no windshield, just those hinged pieces.

It's why I haven't (and likely won't) buy it.

• 2 months later...

Back To The Future 30th Anniversary Minimates Hill Valley Box Set

"A Diamond Select Toys release! It's time for Minimates to go back to the future! DST is revisiting their popular Back to the Future Minimates mini-figure line, with new box sets featuring never-before-made characters! First up is a brand new set from 2015, featuring three all-new characters -- Griff Tannen, Marlene McFly and Marty McFly, Jr. -- plus a new figure of two-tie-wearing Marty McFly, Sr.! Each Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and interchangeable parts and accessories, including Griff's Pit Bull hoverboard. Packaged in a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!"

post-6422-0-22195200-1434548516_thumb.jp

So we can go Back to the Future again but we can't give Netflix's Daredevil a shot because... why was that?

30 years of fan adulation and a proven sales record? Anniversary publicity and exposure? DVD availability? An existing licensing agreement?

So we can go Back to the Future again but we can't give Netflix's Daredevil a shot because... why was that?

30 years of fan adulation and a proven sales record? Anniversary publicity and exposure? DVD availability? An existing licensing agreement?

Zach, is that confirmation that Marvel TV requires a separate license from the Movie/Comic license? Edited by youbastards

JeffBohn, you beautiful bastard, where are finding these amazing reveals!

BBTS emailed preorder notice this morning

Edited by Zak Katz