UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

I was excited to see the half-transparent deco when I received it on Saturday, but I too already have the TRU version. I was hoping there would be some sort of variant since the first version has the frosted variant.

I suppose BTTFIII cars are inevitable and doing a whitewall tire and train track versions would be no-brainers, though those wouldn't be straight re-decos like the other two had as each would require new parts. It would be a good opportunity to release Clara and Einstein which could pretty much finish the line, though neither one would be able to properly sit in the car.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was excited to see the half-transparent deco when I received it on Saturday, but I too already have the TRU version. I was hoping there would be some sort of variant since the first version has the frosted variant.

I suppose BTTFIII cars are inevitable and doing a whitewall tire and train track versions would be no-brainers, though those wouldn't be straight re-decos like the other two had as each would require new parts. It would be a good opportunity to release Clara and Einstein which could pretty much finish the line, though neither one would be able to properly sit in the car.

I think that sticker tht we have all wondered about that is included in all the sets, might be the hood-mount circuit box for a BTTF III product

It would be a good opportunity to release Clara and Einstein which could pretty much finish the line

Hey McFly! Anybody home? Think, McFly!

george-mcfly-crispin-glover.jpg

We already have a George McFly in his Prom outfit. The pic you posted is just a different costume.

Clara and Einstein have never been made. For Einstein, I'd prefer a solid sculpted figure over a minimated one due to the scale.

We already have a George McFly in his Prom outfit. The pic you posted is just a different costume.

Clara and Einstein have never been made. For Einstein, I'd prefer a solid sculpted figure over a minimated one due to the scale.

Yes we got a prom George to go with the prom versions of Marty, Lorraine and Biff. But we also have high school versions of Marty, Lorraine and Biff.

I know Crispin Glover got booted out of the sequels, but George McFly is a main character like Marty and Doc in the original movie, so it's just surprising we never got a regular mate of him. I wasn't saying anything about Clara/Einstein, just that without a regular George the line wouldn't be "finished" in my eyes.

I don't collect the BTTF mates, but I can completely understand people wanting a new George... the prom version looks nothing like him.

That's a good point. Same goes for just about every character in this line apart from Doc though, in my opinion. Even as far as Minimates go, the likenesses are pretty subpar. Compare Platoon or The Man With No Name sets for comparison, and you'll see. . .that there IS no comparison.

I don't collect the BTTF mates, but I can completely understand people wanting a new George... the prom version looks nothing like him.

That's a good point. Same goes for just about every character in this line apart from Doc though, in my opinion. Even as far as Minimates go, the likenesses are pretty subpar. Compare Platoon or The Man With No Name sets for comparison, and you'll see. . .that there IS no comparison.

That, is also a good point. Having had a good look, I suppose there are just so many Martys people can chose their favourite. the 25th anniversary Biff is the best in my opinion.

I noticed it with George as Crispin Glover has such a unique look to him, and that prom mate is one of the most generic looking I've seen. I'd not made a similar comment on Lorraine as I'd have no idea what Lea Thompson looked like without google... or even knowing Lorraine was played by Miss Thompson.

• 4 months later...

Made my day! That is so awesome. DST should try to tackle this for their next DeLorean 1/18 scale release.

• 4 months later...

This thread hasn't been touched upon in a while, so ill start something that everyone is interested in, the next box set. come on, with the release of the 25th anniversary set, i would never think they'd end there. with 2014 coming soon, the sequel (bttf p2) has it's 25th too. so, what perfect time to bring back Marty and Doc 2015, and lets introduce Griff and i don't know who else, but you can help with that. the point is, there needs to be more. coming in late to the collecting party leaves me with little to nothing left. we need the classics, brought back with new decos and next hit figures to boot. also, another chance to get 1985 Marty wouldn't be bad too. i know i'am not the ONLY one who still cares... show your love, and your ideas. :)

We still need a time train. There's never been a toy or model of it ever before, and it's something a lot of fans have wanted since Part III came out.

Whether it's in Minimate form or not, I'd love it if Diamond released one while they still have the license.

Also, we still need Griff, Clara, "Clint Eastwood" Marty, and 2015 George McFly.

We still need a time train. There's never been a toy or model of it ever before, and it's something a lot of fans have wanted since Part III came out.

Whether it's in Minimate form or not, I'd love it if Diamond released one while they still have the license.

Also, we still need Griff, Clara, "Clint Eastwood" Marty, and 2015 George McFly.

And Einstein!!

And Einstein!!

and Marty Jr (or at least his hat) Biff's gang ('55 versions), Shamus & Maggie McFly, and Needles...I want a FLEA minimate! :biggrin:

...I kind of want a Movie III DeLorean, but it's doubtful.

noooo, we need a BttF III DeLorean!

• 9 months later...

Sorry to necro an old post, but I have a Delorean question... Are the stickers that come with the original TRU Delorean the same as any of the other sticker sheets from the other Deloreans? I found an original that doesn't have the sticker sheet and would like to get those for it. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Sorry to necro an old post, but I have a Delorean question... Are the stickers that come with the original TRU Delorean the same as any of the other sticker sheets from the other Deloreans? I found an original that doesn't have the sticker sheet and would like to get those for it. Thanks to anyone that can help!

IIRC, yes they were the same IF they were from the same movie (BTTF2 had a different license plate I think)

• 6 months later...