UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very cool - Thank you

I got the set today from Luke's, and I'm really pleased with it! I love the new Doc, and Strickland is an okay looking figure. Marty's just kinda bland, though he's growing on me, and I like his board. Biff is okay, but the face kinda ruins everything, as he looks....Uhm, what's the word? Derpy, I think?

Good news for those who missed the first run of TRU Deloreans... err, uh, Mini-Time Machines. While out hunting for the Thor Wave (great success), I came across two full pegs of Deloreans. Eight in total, probably two solid cases worth. No MAX Jets or Terminator Tanks to be found.

The figure and vehicle look to be identical to the previous release apart from the manufacturer date stamps. Marty changed from 100611KK to 101210KK and the Delorean went from 100618KK to 101224KK.

The figure and vehicle look to be identical to the previous release apart from the manufacturer date stamps. Marty changed from 100611KK to 101210KK and the Delorean went from 100618KK to 101224KK.

:confused: This re-run/different batch revelation is intriguing especially if the TRU Wave 9 differences are significant.

Good news for those who missed the first run of TRU Deloreans... err, uh, Mini-Time Machines. While out hunting for the Thor Wave (great success), I came across two full pegs of Deloreans. Eight in total, probably two solid cases worth. No MAX Jets or Terminator Tanks to be found.

i was also looking for thor ( i was too late they only had thor and loki packs)but they had the "time machines" AND they made been marked down to $9.99! i know it is only a few bucks but that is not that bad.

i got to say after the mock 5 and shooting star i was sure the time machine would suck a$$. but i have been really very surprised. it is a lot of fun, the mates look good in it, and sure it does look a little funny, but not like it came out of a happy meal.

anyone else have a really hard time getting some of the stickers on their time machine?

I tried to unscrew the screws and pull it apart to make it easier, but couldn't. Stickers 7&8 are lost somewhere.

I actually used a small computer screwdriver and was able to remove the screws, the top separates really easily from the bottom. The dashboard is glued on to the top half of the car, but can be removed to better facilitate sticker application.

I really don't know how DST expects the dashboard stickers to be applied without taking the damn thing apart, and this is from someone who applied thousands of 'No-Steps' to the 80's G.I. Joe vehicles...

I actually used a small computer screwdriver and was able to remove the screws, the top separates really easily from the bottom. The dashboard is glued on to the top half of the car, but can be removed to better facilitate sticker application.

I really don't know how DST expects the dashboard stickers to be applied without taking the damn thing apart, and this is from someone who applied thousands of 'No-Steps' to the 80's G.I. Joe vehicles...

It was insanely annoying. I did try to unscrew it and pull it apart to give my average sized fingers a better reach at the application, but one of the screws just tuned in place and didn't tighten or retract. At least the flux capacitor is pretty much straight. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I received the latest BTTF stuff yesterday & I was surprised(although I wasn't surprised :blush: ) that

there aren't that many cases of these produced.

Many people seem to have missed the boat more than once on this line ,I'm no BTTF nut but these Minimates have always been special so don't hesitate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the 25th Anniversary set from Luke. By itself, it doesn't do much for me (apart from using Doc Brown with the full radiation suit with helmet and gloves look), but the parts included are pretty excellent for minor kit-bashes IMO. Doc Brown's hair flat out sucks. I don't know what they were thinking here. I'm sure there are other, existing hair pieces that would have been much better for this character, even if they didn't want to re-cast the head from box set #1's Brown. The Marty and Biff are pretty boring, and unnecessary variants IMO, though I can see folks who missed out on the first box set being interested in this Biff. Strickland is pretty cool actually, but a minor character that probably won't make it to my display. Too bad he didn't come with a shotgun, but then, there aren't many references to BTTF 2 in this set apart from the title on the packaging that I'm aware of.

Here's some pics:

The Marty face is pretty excellent:

SDC13072.jpg

Here's the hairpiece on my display Marty (using the first box set's body and the BTTF 3 Marty's head). I'm not really a fan of this hairpiece.:

SDC13069.jpg

Doc with the V1 head:

SDC13071.jpg

SDC13070.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 weeks later...