UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

Wow! That soap box scooter looks puny even for a minimate. Anybody care to guess what the black accessory to the left of Biff's head is? And why does the packaging header read "Back to the Future Part II", when these mates are clearly from part I?

I was wondering that about the BTTF 2 title, as well. 2010 was 25 years since the first film, not the second, so that's not accounting for it. At least the doc bullet hole design is BTTF 1, as well, and I don't remember Strickland looking that way in part 2.

Probably some licensing snafu.

Could the black part be the wire that attaches to the top of the Delorean?

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That soap box scooter looks puny even for a minimate. Anybody care to guess what the black accessory to the left of Biff's head is? And why does the packaging header read "Back to the Future Part II", when these mates are clearly from part I?

I was wondering that about the BTTF 2 title, as well. 2010 was 25 years since the first film, not the second, so that's not accounting for it. At least the doc bullet hole design is BTTF 1, as well, and I don't remember Strickland looking that way in part 2.

Probably some licensing snafu.

Could the black part be the wire that attaches to the top of the Delorean?

I seem to recall Chuck mentioning somewhere about the logo bit when it came to the packaging of the Deloreans and that they could not use the header from the first movie but could for the second so they had to go with that as the banner...maybe its the same thing here

Jeff of the Miniacs

Could be that Mattel obtained the action figure rights for "Back to the Future 1"-titled stuff. I guess they are free to release characters from the first film, though, which is all that matters to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And the 16th it shall be! They are on my Diamond invoice for next week. :)

Joy! :lol: It's about time! I guess they balanced the lateness of this set with the early arrival of the Thor army builder case. Oh DST, will you guys ever quit messing with our minds? :tongue:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

And the 16th it shall be! They are on my Diamond invoice for next week. :)

. Oh DST, will you guys ever quit messing with our minds?

DST will never stop playing mind games with us it's like their call of duty>:P

Anyways so happily these are getting released I thought this set was gonna be like the god father pack

Can somebody post pics of the new set? My CBS forgot to order these, so it's going to be another 2 Wednesdays till I get my hands on em. If somebody has 'em, but can't photograph them, could you give a quick rundown of what's included in the pack and rate the overall quality of the mates? Thanks.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My 'official' photoshoot will happen this weekend so I can't open the set until then. But I can give it a good look-see right now.

post-33-0-06097000-1300332756_thumb.png

The black thing at the top is Marty's Walkman with attached headphones under the flap.

The soapbox and the skateboard are two separate pieces.

Skateboard wheels do not roll.

There is no extra Doc head under the radiation mask.

The two flame trails are underneath the bottom flap. They are a lot more translucent than the prototype pics.

Everybody but Doc has the new crotch piece.

No hole in Strickland's head.

Doc's tool belt is new.

Doc's gun looks to be a reuse of this one, but the detail is cleaner. (And it's only one color of course.)

That covers all the basic questions I could think of. I'll try to answer any thing else I can.

@ Ivan: Did they use the "good" plastic on these or was it the horrible "tan" plastic that seems to be sreading like a cancer through the minimate universe?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm pretty sure it's the good plastic. I didn't notice any flotsam in Strickland's head and they didn't seem to glow like the Universal Monsters ladies.

Good to hear Ivan. Thanks for clarifying.

It really sucks if DST is going to keep using the shoddy tan plastic. Now every minimate release will be like a game of russian roulette. Bzzzzzz....click. Bzzzzzzz....click. Bzzzzzzz..... BANG!!!

I got my set, today. Here's some shots. I'm a little disappointed with the Doc's hair, and this new Biff really underlines the need for a normal George McFly. Also, the walkman fits in no one's hands :( Otherwise, I am happy to see more from this line!

post-3040-0-64689400-1300514480_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-41698300-1300514499_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-73020100-1300513619_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-63887100-1300513665_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-48572800-1300514088_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-95722900-1300514179_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-64902600-1300514236_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-66351100-1300514271_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-79339800-1300514330_thumb.jp

Edited by ufemizm

I am curious about the cassette player and headphones. Does it fit well on Marty? My question goes out to anybody who has the set. The pics so far are fantastic - I just have not seen any with the cassette player.