UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that and saw the clips... seeing him as Marty looked like a wierd, alternate reality version of BTTF

QFT

The film definitely seems like it would have had a more serious, twilight-zone-esque tone with Stoltz in it. He completely missed the comedic bits but really accentuated the emotional and dramatic undertones and seemed to be trying to capture the surreal vertigo that a normal guy really would be feeling in Marty's shoes. As weird as it was to see, it kind of intrigued me...

Edited by Robbie

A little OT, but still BTTF related...how weird is this?

Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly

If only we got a mate version of stoltz as marty.I think that stoltz and Crispin Glover{george mcfly}Look like they share some dna{we atleast in bttf}

Sorry for the double post,but this was just released today

http://www.bttf.com/spike-tv-recreates-ori...2010-awards.php

FRIKING AWESOME!

A little OT, but still BTTF related...how weird is this?

Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly

If only we got a mate version of stoltz as marty.I think that stoltz and Crispin Glover{george mcfly}Look like they share some dna{we atleast in bttf}

Sorry for the double post,but this was just released today

http://www.bttf.com/spike-tv-recreates-ori...2010-awards.php

FRIKING AWESOME!

That is pretty sweet...

Here's a pic of the BTTF 25th anniversary set from the NYCC.

Note that Doc Brown comes with removable hair and a second chest block which appears to reveal his hidden bullet proof vest. Also to the left of Marty we can see the top half of the 50's scooter that he converts into a skate board. Can't seem to see the actual board part of it.

Not sure if this was mentioned before somewhere else,but it looks like doc will come with the remote control that he controlled the delorean with at the start of the movie.You can see it next to the extra doc torso

So I went to an awesome toy store yesterday (hour drive away) and found all three back to the future 4 packs and the 2 pack that has Marty with the guitar. Are these still hard to find? I just collect the Marvel line, so I won't be getting them for myself. Anyone need any of these? Please just PM me.

Are these still hard to find?

The 4 packs from the first 2 films are relatively hard to find, though the price on the first set might be going down a bit now that the repaint was released at TRU. The others, not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to find the hover-board 4-pack since it was released. Man, I have bad timing... :)

I am hoping the time machines sell well enough that they do plan a hover-conversion one. I passed a Delorean on the highway a few weeks ago.. the car was struggling to do 58.. let alone 88.. and the driver had a sweet 80's hair-dew (hair-do?) Anyway, it reminded me of how much I loved those films.. everything from the cheesey-stuff to the cool-stuff.

What, exactly, IS that Cop doing to Marty?? :blink:

:P

Ha! started thinking about the episode from Family Guy. Peter retelling the story of his doc visit, and reminding the others it has to be dark and b&w (to give the creep feeling).

Here goes another with Deadpool and Marty...aka Dead Future.

deadpool-001.jpg

Its a little large, but it is the best way to see all detail, otherwise some is lost when made smaller.

• 1 month later...

i had not seen this pic anywhere in here maybe just did not dig enough but here it is a little closer up pic of everyone in the set and a skateboard and i love the docs belt!!

post-3300-1293057629_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Inspired by the recent ebay activity (again) with BTTF2 sets I began wondering when the 24th. Anniversary sets were coming ....which I now understand is soon. Bearing in mind the frantic activity in other threads for other lines that are sluggish to show, it seems that that isn't the case for these ? Is there anticipation for these or not?

Edited by buttheadsmate

For collectors that already have the other BTTF mates, this is a no-brainer, to complete their collection. But I think any excitement for these for new collectors is definitely tempered by the current difficulty in obtaining the original releases, especially at reasonable prices. Good thing we have such helpful and friendly members here that are willing to help other collectors out! ;):thumbsup: