UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Megabloks Gozer Rooftop Temple Playset

Seeing those paper diorama gave me an idea for showing off our minimates. We have a TON (3 storage tubs worth) of megabloks dragons parts, so I figured that even though the parts are not film accurate, I could still come up with something cool with them.

So, without further ado, I present to you the Gozer Rooftop Temple Playset!

GBminimatediorama012a.jpg

GBminimatediorama013a.jpg

GBminimatediorama001a.jpg

GBminimatediorama004a.jpg

Here are the guys just up on the rooftop.

Right to left, Peter (being the last up), Egon with PKE pulled, Ray with goggles, stunned looking over at Stay Puft still, and Winston, who's already pulled his thrower. Louis is also here now in gear, and slimer already has him pinned down.

GBminimatediorama011a.jpg

Our custom Gareee and Teamhair (We have uniforms and gear in real life) are charging up the stairs to assist... the jogging ghost is sneaking up on me, and the cab ghost just appeared in front of Teamhair, so she has her thrower pulled.

GBminimatediorama007a.jpg

GBminimatediorama005a.jpg

GBminimatediorama015a.jpg

GBminimatediorama004a.jpg

GBminimatediorama010a.jpg

And lastly, a shot with the energized terror dogs, and our stunt double for Gozer, cobbled from Ray hair, and a Diana battlestar figure. (We picked up the Lee Adama/Diana Battlestar set.. Lee's head was used for my custom GB head, and Diana's hair was used for my wife's custom GB figure.)

WoW! Thanks for all the praise, guys!

It has a place to live.. where it is (for now, since it fits in with our halloween decorating.

After that, it'll get a place of honor where our proton packs are hanging.

packupdates8-09003.jpg

I'll either move the table there, or pout a shelf above the packs.. though if its that high up, we really wont' be able to appreciate it as much.

I actually DO have a halloween fog machine with plenty of juice, and have a BUNCH of small flashing led things I've been picking up for various projects.

I just got in the old polar lights snap model of the ecto 1. (Here is someone else's pic for scale.)

MiniMateEcto.jpg

It will be added soon.. and I'm adding flashing blue lights to it, and hopefully headlights if I can find a small string of white leds that stay on.

I'll replace stay puft with the new staypuft bank coming out in october, and already have a taker for my old Neca one pictured.

As far at time, it took probably 5 hours or so to complete over 3 days. I built the top first, built the base, realized I made the base to wide, so rebulit it to be narrower and taller, took the top apart in major assemblies, and then relocated them onto the base.

I wanted more of a "playset" feel, so I then added the staircase going up, since playsets always have areas with a small "story" to them.

I still need to paint gozer's legs white.. I don't think I need to buy the official one, since this one looks close enough to me.

Edited by Gareee

Holy Crow!

Well we know how you spent your weekend.

Looks stunning though.

I did pick up leds lights for the ecto model today.. its a toss up if I start that, or full scale ghost traps or gigameters for our uniforms next though..

Oh, and about the mister idea... Have you seen how much water gets all over the place with those?

A fogger would be nice, but the get the fog that sinks, you need to add a chiller to them, so you end up with a 4 foot square space required for a fogger and a foam cooler to act as a chiller.

I might that add some cotten sheets pulled apart some to simulate fog, and put a ulti flashing led light string under it for some eerie lighting effects.

I just got in the old polar lights snap model of the ecto 1. (Here is someone else's pic for scale.)

MiniMateEcto.jpg

It will be added soon.. and I'm adding flashing blue lights to it, and hopefully headlights if I can find a small string of white leds that stay on.

Ah, you found my Ecto-1. I should point out that the decals I used in that pic came from JTGraphics (sorry, I don't have a link available at the moment), since the few stickers the model comes with are pretty awful.

You also may want to hold onto your NECA Stay Puft until you see one of those banks in person. Though they are more movie accurate, the size differance makes the NECA figure a bit more appealing. To each his own of course, just don't give it away too soon in case you change your mind.

Also, I would KILL to have one of those proton packs! I've always wanted to make one, but never knew where to start. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
WOW!!! Somebody buy this guy a beer!!!!

Thanks! BTW, there's a atlantis themed lego set being released next year that would make a servicable smaller gozer style playest.

Not sure if its been mentioned here, but Lego also rereleased a firehouse playset as well.. not cheap though.. $150