UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

I must have been in a coma for the last while. Who the hell is Menace and more importantly, who'd knock up that fugly chick?

Lily Hollister was Harry Osborn's girlfriend at the start of Brand New Day. Her dad ends up being manipulated into running for mayor when one of the other candidates is killed by Menace. Menace proceeds to keep getting into the scene, looking like he's working for the candidate running against Lily's dad. In the end, we discover that Menace is in fact Lily, who has been playing the scenario to sweep her dad into power with a sympathy vote or something, all so she could win his love or some crap. Norman Osborn discovers that Lily has invaded one of his safe houses (she discovered it while dating Harry, blah, blah) and takes her under his wing. He knocks her up, has her engaged to Harry, saying its his baby, all trying to manipulate Harry into being something other than a disgrace.

Side note, a side effect of the goblin juice that Lily took to become Menace has her actually changing in appearance to look like Menace. Apparently, its affecting the baby too.

So the whole story line summary is... YAWN...

T.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have been in a coma for the last while. Who the hell is Menace and more importantly, who'd knock up that fugly chick?

Lily Hollister was Harry Osborn's girlfriend at the start of Brand New Day. Her dad ends up being manipulated into running for mayor when one of the other candidates is killed by Menace. Menace proceeds to keep getting into the scene, looking like he's working for the candidate running against Lily's dad. In the end, we discover that Menace is in fact Lily, who has been playing the scenario to sweep her dad into power with a sympathy vote or something, all so she could win his love or some crap. Norman Osborn discovers that Lily has invaded one of his safe houses (she discovered it while dating Harry, blah, blah) and takes her under his wing. He knocks her up, has her engaged to Harry, saying its his baby, all trying to manipulate Harry into being something other than a disgrace.

Side note, a side effect of the goblin juice that Lily took to become Menace has her actually changing in appearance to look like Menace. Apparently, its affecting the baby too.

So the whole story line summary is... YAWN...

T.

Wait, isn't Harry dead? Or is that part of the reason why I hate Spidey comics now?

They all look really good, but these days I just go with the ones I like, and that happens to be Thor and Loki. I they they are some of the best looking mates yet........and now, after the fact of course, I wish the first Thor could have waited a few waves to be made. I think the last sets of waves released, and the ones shown that are coming out in the future are much, much better than the ones made up to the release of the Iron Man movie mates (which were great).

just my thoughts anyway :D

Wait, isn't Harry dead? Or is that part of the reason why I hate Spidey comics now?

Remeber how they brought back Norman, saying he "woke up" at the morgue when his Goblin-healing factor kicked in? Yeah. It's like that, only it makes even LESS sense that Harry hid out in Europe or where ever until he only recenty wandered back home. Apparently returning to his wife and young son are not strong motivators, compared with hanging out with the recently resingled Mr. Parker.

And so, like an addict looking for his next fix, I ask:

T, any word on when we can expect the wave 34 hints? :D

Nothing yet... However I have heard rumors that DST is considering spreading the releases a little so that we dont get two waves together but more evenly spread out to make the pain of collecting easier.

T.

Remeber how they brought back Norman, saying he "woke up" at the morgue when his Goblin-healing factor kicked in? Yeah. It's like that, only it makes even LESS sense that Harry hid out in Europe or where ever until he only recenty wandered back home. Apparently returning to his wife and young son are not strong motivators, compared with hanging out with the recently resingled Mr. Parker.

Apparently, Norman dumped him in some rehab clinic in Europe (why do they ship people off to Europe to get rid of them?) Harry may not have been able to get back to his wife and kid because of that...dunno. They haven't done a good job of explaining anything since BND kicked off, though they've certainly promised they would and they have made some half-assed tries.

Aw crud... What am I going to do with the two extra Anti-Venoms and Menaces so Hobgoblin and Green Goblin can have gliders too?? Can we have a "Gliders For Goblins" program please?

If someone wants to set up a program where I can dump Menace on someone else I'll sign up for that since she's the only one I don't like.

I really like that Thor... if I give him Ultimate Thor's head piece he'll make the perfect Thor until they get around to making an official 'King Thor' like the one from Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 2 in minimate form.

Nothing yet... However I have heard rumors that DST is considering spreading the releases a little so that we dont get two waves together but more evenly spread out to make the pain of collecting easier.

Interesting... "spreading out the releases" as in one wave at a time with less time in between releases, or cutting back to three waves per year total instead of six?

I'd hate for it to be the latter, but it's possible that DST has hit the upper limit on what even dedicated collectors are willing to fork over in one year.

Interesting... "spreading out the releases" as in one wave at a time with less time in between releases, or cutting back to three waves per year total instead of six?

I'd hate for it to be the latter, but it's possible that DST has hit the upper limit on what even dedicated collectors are willing to fork over in one year.

Yes the first, It makes sense to have them spread more evenly to help ease the pain of scooping up large numbers of minimates at once.

This is just a personal opinion but does anyone else think we've lost the buzz from seeing new waves because they are coming so thick and fast? If you look back a few years a wave preview was a big and rare event, these days it's so common IMO it just doesn't have any impact!

T.

Menace/Anti-Venom:

I'll use the glider form menace, but what the hell did they do to my Anti-Venom!? A BIG chest piece, no slip on mask!? This is aaaaaaaaaaaaaall wrong, this is some serious bullshit for a fan like me.

Thor/Female Loki:

Love it. Absolutely love it, nuff' said.

Phoenix/Variant/Sentilel:

Pass. I like how the sentinel looks, but there have never been any small/human sized robotic-looking Sentinels. Ever.

Yes the first, It makes sense to have them spread more evenly to help ease the pain of scooping up large numbers of minimates at once.

True enough. Especially with the new army builders.

This is just a personal opinion but does anyone else think we've lost the buzz from seeing new waves because they are coming so thick and fast? If you look back a few years a wave preview was a big and rare event, these days it's so common IMO it just doesn't have any impact!

T.

Interesting that you say that; I was just thinking something similar over the weekend. I burned through the Gambit/Psylocke pack as soon as I got them, but I've had wave 27 and the rest of 28 sitting in my closet for almost a month, and I just got around to opening the Iron Man pack yesterday. It's almost like the announcements have become more fun than actually getting the 'mates. There's so much buildup and anticipation for these hints and puzzles, that it's almost like already having the figures once they're over. :)

Isn't that always how it is, though? It is for me. Not just with collecting, either, but with all things in life. It is the hope for something better coming tomorrow that motivates people.

Edited by karamazov80

While this wave looks nice and will surely please quite a few people, it sadly does nothing for me personally. Even news as exciting as a Sentinel army-builder seems to carry with it all of the sentiments I had for a 2" (perhaps a centimeter more) Stay-Puft. Meh...different strokes I suppose.

*I do actually like the "Phoenix effect" and I can possibly see an Andorian custom from that Menace 'mate though.

If you look back a few years a wave preview was a big and rare event, these days it's so common IMO it just doesn't have any impact!

However, looking back on those lean times, I seem to remember that "big reveal" buzz being more than a little diminished by the constant fear that the line was on life support, and that the next announcement could be that Minimates were kaput!

At least now we know Minimates are going strong on a few different fronts.