UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D time for me to give my two cents on the matter first of all im glad dst and artasylum are doing the hints thing its very intertaining. my guesses for the brother sister thing is colossus(bianchi) and magik(modern new mutants) the astonishing x-men piotr wasnt so good and bianchi's designs kick ass, magik and the rest of the nwmutes are back together and they have really cool costumes so i hope its them. villain who was could be anyone and im not sure whos a mother to be right now so i have no opinion. the final pack is deffinatly rachel gray i mean come on shes fiery she fits the variant requierments(check my spelling) and the mechanical monster has to be some sort of sentinal thier considered monstrosities by mutants and thier mechanical(my only other thought was firestar(modern) and thor(clone) but that wouldnt make any sense....well these are my thoughts cant wait till monday

:D time for me to give my two cents on the matter first of all im glad dst and artasylum are doing the hints thing its very intertaining. my guesses for the brother sister thing is colossus(bianchi) and magik(modern new mutants) the astonishing x-men piotr wasnt so good and bianchi's designs kick ass, magik and the rest of the nwmutes are back together and they have really cool costumes so i hope its them. villain who was could be anyone and im not sure whos a mother to be right now so i have no opinion. the final pack is deffinatly rachel gray i mean come on shes fiery she fits the variant requierments(check my spelling) and the mechanical monster has to be some sort of sentinal thier considered monstrosities by mutants and thier mechanical(my only other thought was firestar(modern) and thor(clone) but that wouldnt make any sense....well these are my thoughts cant wait till monday

You make some very good observations & you could very well be right but is there any need for all that punctuation ?:D

EDIT: sp.? no problems with requierments ...deffinatly no problems thier...or sentinal ... ;) alle is gut

Edited by buttheadsmate

You make some very good observations & you could very well be right but is there any need for all that punctuation ?:D

You're a cheeky bastard, you know that?

Sorry if this has been mentioned. What about the Guthries for the bro & sis?

Well......

With the nature of their being hillbillies, that could take care of the Bro/sis, and mommy to be. And being muties, the baby would come out an inbred mechanical monster....

Sorry if this has been mentioned. What about the Guthries for the bro & sis?

Well......

With the nature of their being hillbillies, that could take care of the Bro/sis, and mommy to be. And being muties, the baby would come out an inbred mechanical monster....

You've cracked the code! Great job!

someone else i just thought of for a fiery girl could be Magma... though she'd be an odd choice for the first New Mutants minimates...

wish these clues had come out a few months ago, then i coulda got my hopes up for Siryn!

as it is, i still really want a Banshee minimate. either in the classic blue and gold uniform, or his original green. thought he looked great in both.

gentlemen prefer red heads...

Has something happened in X-Fator that i have missed?

Last i checked, Siryn was no longer a mummy to be.

in fact - she has already given birth, but maddrox 'absorbed' the baby as if it were a dupe.

Although - a classic green & gold X-Force Siryn would be awesome.

edit: this is directed to an earlier post - not CortherX's.

Edited by Nessex

There are humanoid Sentinals right? They were just in the X-men/Dark Avengers story arc. After a little research, I found they're called Bio-Sentinals. They looked OK, but may be too new to get minimates. Then again, we have the entire Dark Avengers roster already.

There were also Prime Sentinals, but I don't think DST would bring back something from Operation: Zero Tolerance. I shouldn't have dug them up either.

What else does Marvel have as far as mechanical beings? The Awesome Android? Wouldn't work without the Mad Thinker.

What else does Marvel have as far as mechanical beings? The Awesome Android? Wouldn't work without the Mad Thinker.

sleepers maybe?

I think many of us (no, just you two) are forgetting that the Mechanical Monster would HAVE to be an army-builder, since he'd be paired with (for all intensive pirposes, and quite obviously) Rachel/Hound (again, i think we agree that it's her). The clue states that it's a fiery female, a mechanical monster, and a "cut" version of the female (parahrase...), meaning Andy, Prime Sentinels (all were different), and Sleepers (only 4) can't be it.

I really hope it's 2" Sentinels. That'd be by far my favorite Army Builder yet, and the one i'd build the most from. I think i'd actually order a case, for once, just for that. They'd probably be good at TRU, too, seeing as how they've made appearances in Wolvie and the X-men (ugh...don't get me started on THAT mess...). :blush:

Not familiar with the characters, but "anti-Venom" sure sounds stupid :lol:

A sad face has been made.

He actually doesn't suck as much as you'd think, and I'm guessing the name "Anti-Venom" is meaning it's what you use to counter venom, they aren't just using "anti" in the name because he's the opposite colors and good.

Not familiar with the characters, but "anti-Venom" sure sounds stupid :lol:

A sad face has been made.

He actually doesn't suck as much as you'd think, and I'm guessing the name "Anti-Venom" is meaning it's what you use to counter venom, they aren't just using "anti" in the name because he's the opposite colors and good.

any venom is an over used 1 dimensional character...

I really hope it's 2" Sentinels. That'd be by far my favorite Army Builder yet, and the one i'd build the most from. I think i'd actually order a case, for once, just for that. They'd probably be good at TRU, too, seeing as how they've made appearances in Wolvie and the X-men (ugh...don't get me started on THAT mess...). :blush:

I really hope is the sentinels too, and I'd probably try to buy just as many as you, Twisted Two-Face. I try my best not to think about larger characters like them or Galactus, or mention them because I figured too many people complain about the incorrect size. I can care less, give me sentinels! IF they are the army builder for this wave, I'll probably lose sleep over excitement, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't mean to insult Anti-Venom or to offend his fans McDurg, just saying that his name sounds pretty lame and lazy (similar to Red Hulk, Dark Avengers, etc.). I've not read a single comic he was in, so I can make no claims one way or the other.

I'm not offended at all, man. Never offended when someone doesn't like a character i like, unless it's Deadpool or Onslaught(but Onslaught gets LOTS of hate).

I will agree, the name is very lazy and boring, but i think it kind of works for him since he can heal people of diseases, like an anti-venom(or antidote). I'd be very happy to get him, but not Menace.

I'd love Sentinels or Nimrod. I could absolutely see Nimrod being a 2in mate, but a Sentinel, ehh.

I'm not offended at all, man. Never offended when someone doesn't like a character i like, unless it's Deadpool or Onslaught(but Onslaught gets LOTS of hate).

Onslaught himself is mildly cool. The way he was done and the fact that they killed half the MU with him, and that it was a poorly written story is what makes him hateable. Onslaught would be better as a non crossover villain. The concept is cool, the execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

sleepers maybe?

I think many of us (no, just you two) are forgetting that the Mechanical Monster would HAVE to be an army-builder, since he'd be paired with (for all intensive pirposes, and quite obviously) Rachel/Hound (again, i think we agree that it's her). The clue states that it's a fiery female, a mechanical monster, and a "cut" version of the female (parahrase...), meaning Andy, Prime Sentinels (all were different), and Sleepers (only 4) can't be it.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, really. I think the predictions are pretty spot on: Aurora/Northstar, Tigra/Black Knight, Phoenix/Sentinal; but it's still fun to speculate. I don't think there is any written rule saying DST has to make one army builder per wave from here on out. This could be a wave without one, and it could just be Nimrod, since he was tied pretty closly to Rachael (they came from the same "Days of Future Past" future, if I remember correct).