UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the new Thor (even if it doesn't mean we'll get the "Replacement Thor" idea I suggested earlier). Can't say I care much for the Menace/Anti-Venom (though I may get Anti-Venom if he's available seperatly) but I definitly like what they're doing with the Sentinel Army Builder. Think this'll be the first wave where I get mutliple versions of the Army Builder!

I was very underwhelmed with the wave until I saw the Sentinel (OK, I did also like female Loki for, uh, obvious reasons :D).

The Sentinels are gonna be fantastic to army build! Imagine a whole load of those with the Maximate behind them? Awesome!

And Rachel/Phoenix is nice too, especially with the flame display.

I wouldn't mind getting a look of the whole group so I can get a better look at the glider, the Phoenix piece, and the entirety of the Sentinel.

Here's hoping for a regular Anti-Venom torso underneath the bulky one, because I agree that he isn't that buff in the comics. Ditto for reversible or alternate head for Phoenix Rachel.

It looks like a bulk of the sculpting budget went into Thor and Loki this time.

LOVE the Rachel because not only will I finally have both awesome Rachels but I can nearly QC this Deadpool. post-1666-1253546047_thumb.jpg

The bad idea Goblin/Venom set I can do without, I was hoping for Tigra, but the New Thor and Female Loki flipping rock.

Lobsterman-

That is a different glider because it has the goblin head on it. The SM3 looked like a snowboard.

Edited by vbpanizzi

At last a glider!

Isn't that the same glider that came with SM3 New Goblin?

And, yes, Miry, I am happy... because wave announcements usually come in twos... :)

Looking at the glider pic on the database http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=62 and the glider in this wave I would say different designs the Menace glider seems to me have a more bat shaped design to the wing and a goblin plate to the front where the movie glider is more stubby snowboard feel.

Told you they said "soon" for the reveal!

Well I guessed 4/6 way back in the middle of last week, so not bad on my part.

Thor and Loki look good and we were due the new costume.

Loving the Sentinel & Rachel ( Like others have said I also hope that we get both hound face and deathmark on her back on the respective minimates!)

I have no clue about antivenom and menace but think they look like ok minimates.

Overal a nice mixed bunch of minimates.

T.

p.s. N.R. The pimp thing was kind of another running joke here ( and the old AA site) from back in the day...

Thor and Loki look really good, but I like the current ones just fine. Still, I'll pick them up. I've never been a huge fan of Rachel Summers but am actually surprised by how much I like her 'mates, and the Sentinel looks awesome.

Any villains are good villains in my book, and I actually think Menace and Anti-Venom came out really well, plus I actually like the Anti-Venom character so I'm very happy to see him.

I like that DST is able to get new characters out so soon, even beating Hasbro to the punch on several in recent months.

So, what's going to happen with wave 34?

hell yeah updated thor and female loki!!

ive been wanting this thor ever since he first appeared in si. loki brings me one step close to finishing the cabel. boo on meance but she's got a glider!! anti-venom i accept...as for summers dont really know about her, but sentinel army building is gonna be fun!

Aw crud... What am I going to do with the two extra Anti-Venoms and Menaces so Hobgoblin and Green Goblin can have gliders too?? Can we have a "Gliders For Goblins" program please?

And the Rachel mates ROCK!! Hope the red suit Phoenix has a revesible head block with her "hound scars".

Modern Thor... WOOHOO!!

I've found these gliders to be perfect:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-BUILDABLE-FI...id=p3286.c0.m14

see my post in the Minimates Compatibility thread for pictures ;)

This is going to be an awesome wave. I'll have to pick up two of the variants so I can have a Phoenix Force for Jean XD Thor is really hard to find so it's good that they're reissuing him.

FYI for those who aren't getting the eat my hat Ref...

It was actually Ady ( originialy board owner and admin) that it is in reference to.

Sadly I've had beer and cant remember exactly what it was in reference to.... but I do remembe we had pix!

T.

I remember taking those pics.... thank god no one can find them (thats NOT a challenge)

Nice looking wave though.

Rachel(s) and a Sentinel!!!!! Wootwoot!!!!! Seriously, this may be my favorite line-up revealed yet!!

Menace and Anti-Venom: Well, Menace is just for the glider. I read one issue with her in it, and hated it, so whatever. Anti-Venom is awesome (i like the character, but they screwed Brock.) and can't wait for him, but pictured him...less bulky...

Modern Thor and Loki (Girl): Well, i missed the first Thors, but like Ultimate better. He's nice, but not for me. Loki, on the other hand, is just awesome!!! And we're one step closer to completing the Cabal.

Rachel and Sentinel: Oh. My. God. That is SUCH a great set. I can't express how happy i am to get another Grey/Phoenix, and the craftsmanship on the costume is just fantastic. Oh, and 2" Sentinels: BEST ARMY BUILDER YET. This one i WILL be getting cases for. I just can't believe we';re actually getting them. It's so cool.

Variant Hound: Holy. Sh!t. A Phoenix-raptor!!!!! Okay, i NEED three of those now. No, four; one to stand by itself. I'm glad they made her hair look a lot more "feminine" too; if there's one thing i hate about the costume (and old Ult. Jean, for that matter) it's a crew-cut on a girl. Looks fantastic though.

Favorite wave of the year; cannot wait to get this puppy.

I want Sentinels! Lots and Lots of em.. use the torso extension and big boots.. they would rule!!

I wants it.. I gets it! woot! I will be army building these bad boys.. unfortunately, with my minimate budget.. an army consists of 4 or 5.. :)

I like the new Thor.. that's the costume from his reboot right (or latest restart or whatever)?

I don't know a thing about Anti-Venom other than art from his debut and I thought it was an obvious idea and play on the Venom character popularity.. but this mate looks way too bulky. I am with those hoping he has the costume continued under his chest piece.

The rest, I'm not too jazzed about but will get them all. With Cap Brittain and others I would like to see a J2 or Juggernaut redo with the current level of detail being done I think he would look great.

I love the new level of detail being done.. it makes me lean toward two different displays, "classic marvel minis" and "modern detail marvel minis".. so I am happy to see any redo's they feel like revisiting.

All in all, any new MINIS is good news to me.

Vox

I must have been in a coma for the last while. Who the hell is Menace and more importantly, who'd knock up that fugly chick?

Lily Hollister was Harry Osborn's girlfriend at the start of Brand New Day. Her dad ends up being manipulated into running for mayor when one of the other candidates is killed by Menace. Menace proceeds to keep getting into the scene, looking like he's working for the candidate running against Lily's dad. In the end, we discover that Menace is in fact Lily, who has been playing the scenario to sweep her dad into power with a sympathy vote or something, all so she could win his love or some crap. Norman Osborn discovers that Lily has invaded one of his safe houses (she discovered it while dating Harry, blah, blah) and takes her under his wing. He knocks her up, has her engaged to Harry, saying its his baby, all trying to manipulate Harry into being something other than a disgrace.

Side note, a side effect of the goblin juice that Lily took to become Menace has her actually changing in appearance to look like Menace. Apparently, its affecting the baby too.