UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not offended at all, man. Never offended when someone doesn't like a character i like, unless it's Deadpool or Onslaught(but Onslaught gets LOTS of hate).

Onslaught himself is mildly cool. The way he was done and the fact that they killed half the MU with him, and that it was a poorly written story is what makes him hateable. Onslaught would be better as a non crossover villain. The concept is cool, the execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

Damn that Liefeld! He is the cause of much suffering all over the world.

I loved both of Onslaughts designs, it was just I have to prefer the original because the insane redesigned monster style one was used very poorly.

Also, I have come to accept, Anti-Venom is in fact an awful name.

This is torture!

It's already 12:30pm Monday here . . .

stupid time zones . . . <_<

So does that mean i'll be getting my Rachel Grey news a day before you?? :lol:

I gotta say, i don't follow Rachel much (more a Cosmic DC guy than Cosmic Marvel), but i like the concept and ANY Grey/Phoenix is a welcome addition in my book. Of course, the hair from her Hound costume will have to go...and grow... ;)

I'm wondering if they're going to reveal wave 34 this way as well, since they always seem to do these things two at a time. There's nothing wrong with the last two waves that were announced, but I'm hoping to soon be able to scratch a few more names off the old wish list, fingers crossed....

Also, my wish list is almost entirely villains, partially because a lot of the heroes have been made, and also because I just like villains. My biggest wish for this line is to see more villains, make it happen DST!! Please??

So does that mean i'll be getting my Rachel Grey news a day before you?? :lol:

I gotta say, i don't follow Rachel much (more a Cosmic DC guy than Cosmic Marvel), but i like the concept and ANY Grey/Phoenix is a welcome addition in my book. Of course, the hair from her Hound costume will have to go...and grow... ;)

It's true - it'll be Tuesday when i find out & Monday when you find out :P

Rachel has a pretty interesting history with the X-Men - she has only recently become a cosmic, or rather 'extra-galactical' character.

My only regret is that if we DO get a Red Hound/Excalibur Phoenix as a variant, then that pretty much ends any hope of ever seeing a Megan minimate being made. I don't think she's popular enough for inclusion in any two-pack that doesn't involve Cap B - she'd only get made in an Excalibur box set. . . and there really aren't any core characters left aside from poor little Megan.

Well - at least we got a Cap B & Excalibur era Shadowcat . . .

K80- Anti-Venom is Eddie Brock's new ID. Brock has somehow generated a non-sentient symbiote-like costume and regained all his old Venom powers, plus his new suit's touch is poisonous to his old symbiote. Brock's back on the street, defending the "forgoten, and the little people" again, but without the bloodlust of his former self. And the suit looks like a photo negative of the original black costume. Ooooooo, scary...

Menace is the latest in a long line of Goblin-clones. The twist this time was it turned out that this time, it was a girl! Duh-duh-DUN! Seeing a girl in Goblin gear apparently turns Norman on, as he knocked her up to produce a new goblin heir, despite her engagment to Harry. (not sure whether that's a tesimate to Norman's evil, or the writers' lack of creatviity, but time will tell)

And moc, I really liked Venom back in the day, before they decided to make him a good guy the first time. It's been a long, long, downhill road since then.

Hoping for Dreadnoughts or Doom-servobots for the mechanical monster army builder.

While Black Knight would make me extremely happy... Dane was only a villain for what, half an issue? And he was faking it even then? Nope, sorry, that's reeeeeeeeally reaching on that one.

please mark my words if there is a Black Knight announced i will eat my hat...

(old folks will remember this reference) :)

is this a reference to the episode of dukes of hazzard where boss hogg eats his hat?

I think Charles Dickens once used it in on of his works...began with a "P" i think...oh well; i can't remember.

Oh, and Miry, i think you are forgetting the Key Part to Anti-Venom's story. Mister Negative, as in, what triggered the whole "Anti" phase and reactivated whatever was left inside Eddie. ;) Hence the inverted coloring/powers.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Menace is the latest in a long line of Goblin-clones. The twist this time was it turned out that this time, it was a girl! Duh-duh-DUN! Seeing a girl in Goblin gear apparently turns Norman on, as he knocked her up to produce a new goblin heir, despite her engagment to Harry. (not sure whether that's a tesimate to Norman's evil, or the writers' lack of creatviity, but time will tell)

Oh dude, that's just wrong. "My dad knocked up my wife-to-be! :D" ewww...

FYI for those who aren't getting the eat my hat Ref...

It was actually Ady ( originialy board owner and admin) that it is in reference to.

Sadly I've had beer and cant remember exactly what it was in reference to.... but I do remembe we had pix!

T.

Sigh, the reveal-wait for us Eastern hemisphere folks is pure agony. What is it, 5am for you guys over there?

I've been wondering about Wave 34 myself, though oddly I have a feeling we'll just be seeing 33 in this round. Maybe it was all that Iron Man 2 hysteria from weeks back.

So by the looks of it, 33 could be another X-Men wave, an Avengers wave, or your run-of-the-mill Marvel fruit cocktail wave. The best (or worst) part is that there doesn't seem to be any sure locks yet, though I'm having a really positive feeling about Aurora/Northstar... then again, I could be wrong :ermm:

FYI for those who aren't getting the eat my hat Ref...

It was actually Ady ( originialy board owner and admin) that it is in reference to.

Sadly I've had beer and cant remember exactly what it was in reference to.... but I do remembe we had pix!

T.

It was fun scouring the Multiverse for references to Ady's hat-eating, though I haven't actually found the origin of the mini-meme yet...

Fun facts: Ady also offered to eat Marvel Wave 14 at one point, and several other members have offered to eat their own hats as well. A few tried to eat Ady's original hat (never mind that they'd have to somehow recover its digested remains from the man's gullet somehow :confused:), TBT had offered to eat his own pimp hat once, and somewhere in a thread lies a photo of a red Stetson garnished with parsley on a plate... :lol:

And while unrelated, here is perhaps one of the looniest combinations of words I've seen on MMMV yet:

Robot Wolverine/Albert!

Womanverine!

Rainbow Monkey Wolverine!

Heh heh, it's funny because DST might just be crazy enough to do it :blink:

I really hope the bro/sis pack is New Thor (love that costume) and Female Loki. I hadn't considered it until aaron's comment on MMHQ.

Actually scratch that. I'd rather see them make New Thor with "Generic Asguardian Soldier", and make Replacement Thor Hercules as a variant.

Oh, and Miry, i think you are forgetting the Key Part to Anti-Venom's story. Mister Negative, as in, what triggered the whole "Anti" phase and reactivated whatever was left inside Eddie. ;) Hence the inverted coloring/powers.

Yeah but if they hadn't heard of Anti-Venom then trying to explain the already convaluted Mr. Negative stroy line was only going to complicate matters. Trying to keep it simple.

RACHEL!!!!

YEAH!!!!

Well - looks like we will be seeing:

Anti-Venom & Menace

Thor & Lady Loki

Rachel Summer & Sentinel with a Phoenix hound variant.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/article.asp?ai=87115

post-2737-1253544045_thumb.jpg

post-2737-1253544058_thumb.jpg

post-2737-1253544070_thumb.jpg

Wow - are we REALLY going to get a 'Phoenix Force' accessory with the variant?

Edited by Nessex

Never expected them to make the Sentinel in 2" style. Looks nice, though. I sense a lot of demand for those among army-builders...

Menace & Anti-Venom - Menace has a glider? That's interesting....

Thor & Loki - Nice. Very nice.

And Excalibur Phoenix with funky Phoenix effect. Very nice. Does mean they have to re-issue Nightcrawler & give us Meggan to complete Excalibur, though.

Do my eyes decieve me, or is menace on a glider?

Since when is that okay? I wants me some goblin gliders!

SM3 New Goblin had a glider, so I'm guessing it's okay on some level.

Interesting news, but I don't see a big name in there (other than Thor) to reel people in. I'm not complaining, but I think this shows where Minimates might have to go and makes me wonder how long they'll continue like that. I'll reiterate, though, that I'm not complaining.

"In addition to the standard removable and interchangeable pieces, the Sentinel army builder featured in this wave will also include a special "Sentinel Army" design feature - allowing you to partially customize your own Sentinel Squad in either modern or retro styles. "

I also found this news exciting.

Edited by groundhog7s

Aw crud... What am I going to do with the two extra Anti-Venoms and Menaces so Hobgoblin and Green Goblin can have gliders too?? Can we have a "Gliders For Goblins" program please?

And the Rachel mates ROCK!! Hope the red suit Phoenix has a revesible head block with her "hound scars".

Modern Thor... WOOHOO!!

I'm going to need to get several Phoenix Variants so i can get me a Phoenix Force for all my Jeans

So - you gonna buy a case as well TwistedTwoFace?

And Excalibur Phoenix with funky Phoenix effect. Very nice. Does mean they have to re-issue Nightcrawler & give us Meggan to complete Excalibur, though.

I'd give my collection of white sneakers to see a Meggan/Nightcrawler update 2-pack! It'd be so freaking awesome to have the complete late 80's/early 90's Excalibur team!!!

PS: Yes - i own a lot of white sneakers.

Edited by Nessex