UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

It's still a mechanical monstrosity, right?

I'm going with TBT's guess on Rachel/Phoenix and Sentinels. Probably those humanoid Sentinels, though (like Bastion).

mabye it is nimrod he is a sentinel from the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_(comics)

Aaaaaaand broken link. Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_(comics)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, and it's a big if, the fiery female is Rachel, then I'd say the odds of the army building mechanical monster being a sentinel are low. Why? Because the first seven army builders have had little to nothing to do with who they packed with. The Skrulls came with Sabretooth for cryin' out loud. A Phoenix/Sentinel 2 pack would almost too connected. Cool to be sure, but almost too closely connected.

I'm kinda hoping for Dreadnoughts

234144-172967-dreadnought_large.jpg

But that's my love of the obscure talking.

We've got two viable guesses for the mom/reform set. The siblings has me stumped for a likely guess. My heart wants a Rogue/Nightcrawler set, but that somehow seems like wishful thinking. Modern Thor and Loki as a girl seem the most "relevant" for current stories. "Silver Age" Wanda and Pietro seem like the longest shot.

I just got a wacky idea. What if that second pack is Menace (the newly prego Spider-Man Villainess) and Anti-Venom (A reformed villain. literally.)?

! : D

Seriously, that would be so great since Anti-Venom is the only good thing to happen to symbiotes since Maximum Carnage. Everything after the Max arc with symbiotes was shit up until anti-venom. Although the Angelo/Mac arcs weren't too awful.

Bah - i'm away for a day and look what happens!!!!

Such awesome news. I can't believe we are getting MORE announcements.

My personal hopes for the Fiery female are Rachel - i've been hankering for a red studded hound costumed rachel forever!

Hoping the bro & sis is Northstar & Aura.

Northstar is a player in the x-men books right now & Aura just had a cameo in Dark X-Men, so hopefully it's them.

I'm just stoked to see so many WOMEN coming out. Every two pack talks about a female character. A Sister, a mommy-to-be or a fiery female. we need more girls, so this is VERY exciting.

Edited by Nessex

So... I assuming that the "mechanical monster" will be the army builder. If the "fiery female" is Rachel Summers, what relevant pair up would make sense other than a Sentinnel? Hell it coud be a 2" Sentinnel for all I know.

And who's pregnant in the Marvel U right know? Somebody mentionned Tigra. Any other ladies knocked up?

Well I'm hoping for Aurora/Northstar and Menace/Anti-Venom for the first two, but I feel like we may still get tricked on this, I think the fact that no obvious answers leap to mind mean DST has a trick or two up its' sleeve. Some of the guesses are so obscure that I can't believe DST would go with such unknowns, given their love of including at least one heavy hitter in each wave.

I hope you guys are wrong... Anti-Venom is current, shiny, and DST loves Venom variants. But to me, he's just another stop in the long road of bad ideas about what to do now with Eddie. I liked Venom. The real one. I liked it when he was the twisted pyscho who stalked Peter and was a genuine threat. Then he became the posterchild for over exosure, and dillution, and became a joke. Now we've stripped Eddie of his symbiote and given it to the Scorpion, (thus stripping that character of his originality and making him a bad copy of the real Venom) stripped Eddie of his knowledge of Peter's ID, (which gave Venom such a wonderful degree of dangerous) and planted Eddie and his new powers firmly in the "hero" camp. (I say "hero" because these days, so few characters currently active at Marvel still qualify for that definition). I'm sure that the thinking behind all this was that this was we can have Venom the menacing psycho killer AND Venom the ruthless anti-hero at the same time. But neither new Venom is the equal of the original and we've lost the Scorpion. So I'm not sure exactly what we've "gained" in all this.

"But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

I hope you guys are wrong... Anti-Venom is current, shiny, and DST loves Venom variants. But to me, he's just another stop in the long road of bad ideas about what to do now with Eddie. I liked Venom. The real one. I liked it when he was the twisted pyscho who stalked Peter and was a genuine threat. Then he became the posterchild for over exosure, and dillution, and became a joke. Now we've stripped Eddie of his symbiote and given it to the Scorpion, (thus stripping that character of his originality and making him a bad copy of the real Venom) stripped Eddie of his knowledge of Peter's ID, (which gave Venom such a wonderful degree of dangerous) and planted Eddie and his new powers firmly in the "hero" camp. (I say "hero" because these days, so few characters currently active at Marvel still qualify for that definition). I'm sure that the thinking behind all this was that this was we can have Venom the menacing psycho killer AND Venom the ruthless anti-hero at the same time. But neither new Venom is the equal of the original and we've lost the Scorpion. So I'm not sure exactly what we've "gained" in all this.

"But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

I like Anti-Venom's design, but I agree about what they've done with Eddie. I feel like in the end we sacrificed two big Spidey villains to repair one, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They've yet to do anything worthwhile with the Scorpion identity, the heroic female one seems to have been a bust yet she's still wasting the title. Take the suit and put someone in it, we've got enough heroes.

How come he's not Nitecrawler in the US?

Because N-I-G-H-T is the correct way to spell the word, no matter the country. :P

Not unless

Crystal

is pregnant now... :blink:

I just finished (like I just put the book down & clicked into this thread) reading the War of Kings:Who Will Rule? oneshot, which came out 9/10, and

there was no mention of her expecting...

The alien race that Warlock comes from?

The Phalanx would be awesome.

A few more guesses on the Brother and Sister pack:

Someone mentioned new suit Thor and Girl Loki- I was thinking that too, just too slow to post.

Ultimate Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - Not very different for 616, but diff. enough, and would help with filling out the Ultimates line-up.

Professor X and Cassandra Nova -Worst possible outcome ever, please don't do it DST.

A couple more of the Royal Inhumans maybe? Or are they all cousins? I'd love a Karnak and Medusa or Crystal.

Here's a wild thought: what if the fiery female is the White Phoenix of the Crown? And the variant is the classic Marvel Girl Phoenix with the green mini-dress?

*hears Twisted Two-Face squee with joy somewhere*

Haha!! That really made my morning; thanks NR. :lol:

I would love a White Crown and Marvel Girl (Jean) alike; they're two of my favorite costumes just falling behind Here Comes Tomorrow's Black Phoenix, AoA Phoenix, and AoA Jean. All are great and enitrely welcome.

I just don't see Jean getting any of these slots, though. I'd rather see Jim Lee's inspired 2-packs finish out first, and the clue just feels more Rachel-ish than Jeanie.

EDIT: Well, Cramer, i wouldn't really mind a Prof X/Cassandra Nova 2-pack...i mean, X is in DRASTIC need of an update (Jim Lee Hoverchair, anyone??) and Cassandra makes us one step closer to a Hellfire Club (any variation is okay with me...). It'd be welcome in my book.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

First of all: how could I totally miss this thread? :blink:

And the variant is the classic Marvel Girl Phoenix with the green mini-dress?

My avatar Deadpool would totally love that!

I really like the idea of getting a Sentinel that would be a great addition even though there would be the size issue. I would really love getting this.

I don't really like that 2" Sentinel idea that much. However, it might be. And what just came to mind is, what's up with a Deathlok as the mechanical monster? I'm not very familiar with the character at all, but I remember when the Hood got one to walk into the Avengers tower. (Pre Secret Invasion...)