UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel Minimates Series 33 Clue #3 - Last two-pack contains fiery female (with classic cut variant) and mechanical monster. Pics on Monday!

... aaaaaaaaaand I'm stumped.

Well, it's the variant set, so "mechanical monster" has to be the army-builder - Doombot? The alien race that Warlock comes from?

"Fiery female" - Nova (w/ Frankie Raye variant)? Binary (w/ classic Ms. Marvel variant)? Firestar?

Edited by boyd

The only fiery female I can think of is Nova (Frankie Raye).

Could be a cosmic wave...

----

Ooo... Boyd, you could be on to something with Carol Danvers. Didn't she recently get brought back as Binary? I hope the classic outfit is the one with the bikini bottoms and midriff shirt. That outfit was hot!

Edited by Lobsterman

Ooo... Boyd, you could be on to something with Carol Danvers. Didn't she recently get brought back as Binary? I hope the classic outfit is the one with the bikini bottoms and midriff shirt. That outfit was hot!

And they have most of the tampo artwork ready to go, thanks to the Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel.

And Tigra makes perfect sense as the mom-to-be. Maybe with her Avengers:Initiative co-star and villain-that-was Constrictor?

Mechanical Monster - the Death Head's robots from Planet Hulk?

Grar, as far as I'm concerned the "fiery female" could be anybody! The tricky part would be finding one that had a "classic cut" version though. I keep wondering if "fiery" meant the girl had fire powers, is a redhead or is just plain feisty :confused:

My wacky guesses so far:

Hellcat

Siryn

Jubilee

Moonstone (again?!)

Rachel Gray Phoenix

As for the "mechanical monster" army builder... could it be the X-Men Sentinels? Or something Ultron would make?

Binary would be my first guess of likely firey female. Has the most variant friendly costume. And its a current storyline.

Rachel/Phoenix would totally rock and in my heart, she's the "firey female" I'd most like to see made.

Nova did have a Human Torch form, but that's super obscure, and she's been dead almost a decade now.

Firestar has had several costumes, and an Ultimate version, but Ms. Jones has been out of the spotlight a while now.

After that we dip into the more obscure, fringe characters, or alternate universe people. (Although the female Sunpyre / male Sunfire would be fun)

For the mechanical monsters, aside from the already mentioned Doombots and Techonarc/Phalanx, Dreadnaughts (robot soldiers used by the Nefaria family), and Spider-Slayers come to mind.

edit- I like the way Body's thinking, as I'd forgoten Tigra in all the post Invasion confusion. And I'm all for more third-stringers like the Constrictor being made.

Edited by Mirymate

Grar, as far as I'm concerned the "fiery female" could be anybody! The tricky part would be finding one that had a "classic cut" version though. I keep wondering if "fiery" meant the girl had fire powers, is a redhead or is just plain feisty :confused:

My wacky guesses so far:

Hellcat

Siryn

Jubilee

Moonstone (again?!)

Rachel Gray Phoenix

As for the "mechanical monster" army builder... could it be the X-Men Sentinels? Or something Ultron would make?

Fiery Female made me think of Phoenix... and I would have put helfire club guys as the army builder but...

Perhaps it's Rachel & the Sentinels, due to her future history? ( although that brings a whole slew of scale issues up!)

T.

p.s. Where did folks read Carol is soming back as binary I as sooo out of the loop with marvel events right now!

Well, i only have one guess. And why yes!! It IS a Phoenix variant!! XD

From Clue 33, my guess is:

Regular-release: Rachel Grey in green/yellow suit (damn you for coming out before Lee Scott/Jean!!)

Variant: Rachel grey in red "Hound" suit. She had a crew-CUT, and the clue hints to a "cut" figure. ;)

That's all i've got, but boy oh boy would mini-Sentinels be a fun army-builder!! :lol:

p.s. Where did folks read Carol is soming back as binary I as sooo out of the loop with marvel events right now!

Wikipedia says that Ms. Marvel was brought back from the dead (using AIM or MODOK's tech or something) right after that big fight she had with Moonstone in Hong Kong. I think.

As for the Binary rumors,

it might have something to do with Realm of Kings, the follow-up event to War of Kings. There was a leaked cover somewhere of there being an alternate-universe version of the Guardians of the Galaxy consisting of "cosmicized" darker and edgier versions of Iron Man, Thor and Ms. Marvel... danged if I can still find that CBR forum thread I read it in

EDIT: Found it (don't click unless you read that spoiler)

Edited by NorthRaider

The mechanical monsters could be Reavers.

That could mean an Inferno era wave.

And the Fiery female could be Jean, and the variant could be Goblin Queen, or the Black Queen.

And that could mean Hellfire Goons as army builders.

And I just like seeing my avatar say "om nom nom nom"

Edited by Docholliday666

The mechanical monsters could be Reavers,

That could mean an Inferno era wave,

And the Fiery female could be Jean, and the variant could be Goblin Queen, or the Black Queen',

Doc, the way you've written that has got me singing it as the last verse of this song

I've just been informed that Tigra is prego.

Why is everybody ignoring this?

Our first Skrull baby.....aah :wub:

The mechanical monsters could be Reavers,

That could mean an Inferno era wave,

And the Fiery female could be Jean, and the variant could be Goblin Queen, or the Black Queen',

Doc, the way you've written that has got me singing it as the last verse of this song

I've just been informed that Tigra is prego.

Why is everybody ignoring this?

Our first Skrull baby.....aah :wub:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I listened to the last verse and added what I wrote instead of the real lyrics.

I'm a genius. I planned that all along.

And it took another genius to figure that out.

Good form BHM.

Good form.

for bro and sis, my first thought was North Star and Aurora...

that was about all i could come up with.

Rachel Summers as a fiery girl makes perfect sense, though, and i think that would be cool. i'd prefer her in her hound costume...

i was stumped on mommy-to-be, also, but as soon as someone said Tigra i thought OOOOH yeah i'd lay some solid bets on it being her.

It's still a mechanical monstrosity, right?

I'm going with TBT's guess on Rachel/Phoenix and Sentinels. Probably those humanoid Sentinels, though (like Bastion).

mabye it is nimrod he is a sentinel from the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_(comics)

Edited by Scorpion