UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

Phoenix/Variant/Sentilel:

Pass. I like how the sentinel looks, but there have never been any small/human sized robotic-looking Sentinels. Ever.

Ummm you mean no small/human sized Sentinels that looked exactly like that. The Omega Sentinels certainly looked robotic... sort of like the love children of Sentinels and Mandroids, but that's neither here nor there. But they were human sized. These look modeled after the Mrk III's/Days of Future Past Sentinels from what I can see.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the issue, but I do remember a panel from the comic showing the sentinnels when they were first introduced, they were only about 7-10 ft. tall. Can anyone confirm with a pic? I'll try to find it.

you are correct, having the issue of uncanny they first appeared in...they were not too much larger and certainly not the buildings tall monstrosities we see now.

I personally like the way they look and am planning to get quite a few of them...more then any of the army builders I have yet, although probably not as many as I get of multiple man...we shall see how hard to get they are.

I think this wave is looking really good, not sure about the bulk on Anti-Venom but everything else looks great.

as for the excitment of news, I am still as pumped now as I was back in the lean years...more though to see how they look and who they are gonna do next then anything else. Marvel is the mainstay of my collection adn I will always be excited and happy for the new mates announcements

Jeff of the Miniacs

Sweet!

I'm psyched about Thor, and it will be fun to army-build Sentinels while simultaneously picking up some extra Phoenix stands for Dark P and Secret Invastion P.

Anti-Venom and Menace? Meh. I don't go for modern stuff, with a few exceptions. But I've been spoiled on classics in waves 31-32, so I suppose it's good they get their due.

So, with Nightcrawler, Capt Britain, and Shadowcat we get... Phoenix! One step close to Excalibur!

I wonder what the chances are we'll ever see Megan? Is she even around anymore?

In the recently cancelled Captain Britain series, Doctor Doom helped Meggan escape from Hell so he could send her to the moon for Dracula to use as a hostage against Cap during his vampire invasion of England. So yes, she's newly around (though in a cancelled book).

That hound Rachel looks perfect! If Anti-Venom has to be bulky I hope they at least tone it down to a T-Bolts Venom type chest, the one on the prototype looks like the chest from Ultimate Hulk.

In the recently cancelled Captain Britain series, Doctor Doom helped Meggan escape from Hell so he could send her to the moon for Dracula to use as a hostage against Cap during his vampire invasion of England.

Was this as stupid as it reads? :lol:

Loki, THor, Rachel, and the Sentinel all look good, but I'll pass o nthose guys since I concentrate on Spider-man and his cast.

That said, I hate Menace and Anti-Venom. The Menace 'mate looks good, but Eddie needs to lose the powerhouse chest, since he's a skinny guy now. I'll have to wait and see before I purchase the pack.

In the recently cancelled Captain Britain series, Doctor Doom helped Meggan escape from Hell so he could send her to the moon for Dracula to use as a hostage against Cap during his vampire invasion of England.

Was this as stupid as it reads? :lol:

"FOOL! Do not quesion the brilliance of Doom! My plan is so ingenius it only seems stupid to one of your limited intelligence! It was flawless, FLAWLESS!! So says Doom!"

I love them all especially the Sentinel which is a brilliant idea rivaling only sliced bread.

Agreed completely.

I call "foul" <_<

As for Meggan in Captain Britain...you tell me? WTF was any of that series about?

For the record I know all about the Marvel size-thing & the licence,license,liscence,liscense,liposuction problems but I'll put it another way................

"Marvel have just waived their size restrictions & DST have just announced the new 3" Sentinels "

You guys would go crazy for that!!

I have no problem with Giant-Man ......Thanks Luke! :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

Phoenix/Variant/Sentilel:

Pass. I like how the sentinel looks, but there have never been any small/human sized robotic-looking Sentinels. Ever.

"The press release mentioned:

In addition to the standard removable and interchangeable pieces, the Sentinel army builder featured in this wave will also include a special "Sentinel Army" design feature - allowing you to partially customize your own Sentinel Squad in either modern or retro styles."

I'm hoping this means the Sentinels can be displayed as Prime & Classic . . . the way same way the Hydra agents had a classic costume under all the bulky pieces.

Edited by Nessex

I was really disappointed when I got the tweet on this this morning. Anti Venom? Really? Was anyone asking for this character? I dont even know who Menace is but if he comes with a glider cool. Thor and Loki rock. Loki will make a fine Enchantress custom. I'm happy about Rachel too. I hope you can flip her head around and get the lines on her face. As for the lil sentinel, come on, gimmie a break. I guess to explain the scale we can just say that our sentinel armies are standing way off in the distance

Wow, they did go for the Menance and Anti-Venom route. Really lame characters, but characters aside, the Menace minimate looks really good on its own. If this were just some random ghoul in the GB line I would be more excited.

Thor and Loki are pretty cool. I love Thor's new costume, and glad to finally get it. I'm kind of disappointed that Loki is already out of Sif's body, so that part of the storyline is already up. Oh well.

Phoenix and the Sentinal are really amazing! This is the draw of the set for me. I can't wait to see what kind of accessories the Sentinal comes with. The Hound Rachel is the best mate of the whole wave, and looks so much cooler than the Marvel Girl Rachel. Too bad that Hound Rachel is the variant.

:D these all look awsome to me. my thoughts

thor:body piece looks great, love the boots,helmet looks much better then last thor,face looks a little wierd(easy fix)

loki:perfect just perfect

anti-venom: hope he has a spider on his body to because anti-venom isnt that buff

menance:she looks just like in the comics her glider is frakin awsome cant wait to use it for gobs

sentinal:cant wait to see both forms hope its 2.5 inches, looks awsome

rachel gray:she looks perfect going to by three so i can make marvel girl and deadpool

hound rachel gray:she looks great,that pheonix stand looks awsomeeeeeeeeeeee

these are my thoughts

Man, I love this wave! Menace is also a new character to me, but I hope i'll be finding more about her soon (as I start reading AS-M from BND). Anti-Venom rocks, but like everyone else, I never saw him as big, bulky and strong.

Thor! Loki! Yes! I've been dying to get a new one! The only Thor I had was Bearded Thor (But his helmet + hair are so loose! :(). Loki looks like a great minimate and I can't wait especially for this two-pack.

Rachel and Sentinel-- I really hope the Phoenix "flare" accessory comes with Marvel Girl, because at my LCS it's either variant and no original, or just the original and no variant. Stupid no-buying-separately-rule <_<. As for the Sentinel, it looks really awesome but I didn't think they'd make the "big" Sentinel a 2-incher. I love the custom-Sentinel thing, btw.

The whole wave looks like it accessories > character choice but it's still so awesome. The only thing that gets to me is the wait...

Well, this has been a surprising lineup in more ways than one.

Menace has a sculpted head! :ohmy:

New-and-improved Thor would be a very welcome release for the new collectors. And I'm seconding the demand for reversible face marks on Hound Rachel. Would also make a nice headswap with Marvel Girl for the WoK iteration of Rachel.

I'm somewhat surprised we're seeing Anti-Venom and girl Loki 'mated as well, since their storylines just concluded sort of. I have to say, Loki looks more fetching than I thought :P

And what are those orange things on the Sentinel's arms? Arm fire blasts?

Idk what im happier about...Marvelgirl and the awesome phoenix stand or the bound to be HILARIOUSly disturbing deadpool custom that'll spawn moments after someone gets there hands on her. :biggrin:

also who's Menace and why doe HE warrant a goblin glider?

Edited by NNY